Official Team Thread East Side Phoenix :: Season 32 :: Welcome to the Phoenix #riseup

Remove this Banner Ad

Cleveland Indians rightly just changed their name to Cleveland Guardians (not a bad name, there is local significance apparently) and so many RWNJ are losing their ******* minds "oh why change the name, it's been like that racist since 1915 oh waaahhh".
Rightly or not, I won’t have a team to barrack for in the MLB from 2022 onwards.

It meant that much to you? :(
Yes, it does. It feels like Cleveland lost its team and was granted an expansion franchise; unrelated to the previous one.

I don’t barrack for the baseball club from Cleveland. I support the Indians. Hence, this new version doesn’t mean anything to me. If the Cleveland Indians had rebrand to Tribe, for instance, I might still have followed them; but, alas!, that’s not what happened.

This is a farewell season to me. From 2022 onwards, I’m a baseball orphan.

Last edited:
Yes, it does. It feels like Cleveland lost its team and was granted an expansion franchise; unrelated to the previous one.

I don’t barrack for the baseball club from Cleveland. I support the Indians. Hence, this new version doesn’t mean anything to me. If the Cleveland Indians had rebrand to Tribe, for instance, I might still have followed them; but, alas!, that’s not what happened.

This is a farewell season to me. From 2022 onwards, I’m a baseball orphan.

If you're trying to pull the piss out of the Phawks, you've taken a huge swing and missed.

If you're genuinely an Indians fan who thinks they no longer have a team because Cleveland recognised they were using an inappropriate moniker for this day and age and updated it, you're an idiot.

If you're trying to pull the piss out of the Phawks, you've taken a huge swing and missed.

If you're genuinely an Indians fan who thinks they no longer have a team because Cleveland recognised they were using an inappropriate moniker for this day and age and updated it, you're an idiot.

I’m an idiot (I have never denied it), and you are an illiterate imbecile (although you may deny it), but let’s not that get the best out of the conversation.

I have never said that “the Indians no longer have a team”. Let me tell you what I actually said. Perhaps I can put in words you are able to understand.

I said that it feels like the Indians doesn’t exist anymore. Now, I barrack for the Indians. I don’t barrack for Cleveland. Cleveland has a team and will continue to have one. However, the Guardians are meaningless to me. So, I won’t barrack for them.

That’s all.

I’m an idiot (I have never denied it), and you are an illiterate imbecile (although you may deny it), but let’s not that get the best out of the conversation.

I have never said that “the Indians no longer have a team”. Let me tell you what I actually said. Perhaps I can put in words you are able to understand.

I said that it feels like the Indians doesn’t exist anymore. Now, I barrack for the Indians. I don’t barrack for Cleveland. Cleveland has a team and will continue to have one. However, the Guardians are meaningless to me. So, I won’t barrack for them.

That’s all.
I can read mate. Put the shovel down.

Rightly or not, I won’t have a team to barrack for in the MLB from 2022 onwards.

What a bizarre stance to the changing of an offensive name.

What a bizarre stance to the changing of an offensive name.
Bizarre or not, it’s a fact. That’s what happened to me.

I’m an “unintended casualty” of the change. I know. I have accepted that. I simply won’t deny that it happened.

I’m not the only one. This is not uncommon for foreigners who followed the Indians. They don’t have connections to the city. They supported the brand.

Some of them will barrack for the Guardians, despite their feelings; others won’t. I won’t. I can’t. My team simply will no longer exist after this season.

Bizarre or not, it’s a fact. That’s what happened to me.

I’m an “unintended casualty” of the change. I know. I have accepted that. I simply won’t deny that it happened.

I’m not the only one. This is not uncommon for foreigners who followed the Indians. They don’t have connections to the city. They supported the brand.

Some of them will barrack for the Guardians, despite their feelings; others won’t. I won’t. I can’t. My team simply will no longer exist after this season.

It's not a fact, it's a nickname being changed. Move on.

How long til Phoenix FFC are going to break their dated East side moniker? Now that would be the move. I think red yellow and a hint of green would be the way to go with the graphic.

We play on the East Side so that will not be happening. We’re East Side QC playing under the banner of the Phoenix.

We considered the red (and would certainly be Phoenix-appropriate), but it was important to us that our colours 1) had the Hawks colours as the parts which ‘popped’ as a reference to our history 2) fit in with others in the league (there’s at least 2 clubs who use a red base - but none which use the charcoal, only black). There are no future changes being considered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We play on the East Side so that will not be happening. We’re East Side QC playing under the banner of the Phoenix.

We considered the red (and would certainly be Phoenix-appropriate), but it was important to us that our colours 1) had the Hawks colours as the parts which ‘popped’ as a reference to our history 2) fit in with others in the league (there’s at least 2 clubs who use a red base - but none which use the charcoal, only black). There are no future changes being considered.
Fair enough, I'm only pulling your leg. Good luck for next year, I'm sure you'll be a fun opposition again.

Fair enough, I'm only pulling your leg. Good luck for next year, I'm sure you'll be a fun opposition again.

Same to yourself, enjoy a season of ‘the EKA curse’ and ‘I’m a pretty big deal around here’.

Thanks Chip, the burden of self promotion has already caught up with me I'm afraid :tearsofjoy:.

Well you know your role models now.

I do not want to tag them.

Folks, I think the new boss has a lot on his plate and forgot to tag everyone into the thread. So first up welcome you new guys:

thewizardmelon SaintBilly raskolnikov daddy_4_eyes

And the rest of you welcome back. Enjoy the shiny new things.

Itsmyshow larrikin Golumless NinjaSwan jackenny Drunkgoliath 11kgm Zoops SM TY24 eth-dog Shermy por_please_ya Red mist Chipmunk Milera2Betts

Thanks for having me, hoping I can be of more use than my irl team ever has been

Some random stats from last season:
  • With 5 hit outs larrikin finished the season with exactly 1700 hit outs as a member of East Side QC. Notably this is 1653 more than any other current player.
  • PMBangers 104 tackles were the highest single season mark since Agent93's 118 in S26, and the highest per game since spookism's 5.94 in S25.
  • Itsmyshow chalked up his 3000th career kick in Rd 16. In perspective that's more kicks than eth-dog and Shermy combined.
  • SM completed his 2000th career kick in Rd 12, and is on target to reach his 2000th career handball in roughly the same round this season.
  • Coming into S32 there are three players with career win percentages greater than 50%. None of them have played for the club before. The closest to positive elsewhere is larrikin who needs +4 wins to break even.
  • 11kgm typefies the hard times over the past two seasons with a career win percentage of 38.24%. For players over 50 games the best winning percentage is daddy_4_eyes with 57.02%, and the worst is Red mist with 40.46%
  • Shermy has played in 5 draws in his career, eth-dog none. por_please_ya has the longest East Side game streak without a draw with 124 games.
  • por_please_ya also owns the highest number of games without a hit out. Sorry Drunkgoliath.
ToG and Position Win stats from last season:

1627361238924.png

What teams did against us last season:

1627361553408.png

Here's the link to full team stats (including Player Ratings).

thewizardmelon Itsmyshow larrikin SaintBilly Golumless NinjaSwan jackenny raskolnikov daddy_4_eyes Drunkgoliath 11kgm Zoops SM TY24 eth-dog Shermy por_please_ya Red mist Chipmunk Milera2Betts Hate PhenomenalV1

Last edited:
We have a milestone team, it's Drunkgoliath's 100th game this weekend!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back