Easter Thursday 2010. The Brisbane Fevolution vs The Juddless Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Easter Thursday Footy returns to the Gabba!

Fev to confront Blues in Easter blockbuster at Gabba

BRENDAN Fevola's much-anticipated match-up with former side Carlton will take place as a round 2 Easter Thursday blockbuster at the Gabba.

The Carlton faithful will have to wait just a week into the 2010 season for clearly the most anticipated match of the season.

But while the Blues will be glad to take on Fevola's Lions early in the year and then move on, they will be without suspended captain Chris Judd.

Rest of article here.

Lions by 60+

169 days until Carlsmeg get the flogging they so richly deserve. ;)

There better be footy on the Friday this year.

Woot, can't wait at all. Going to be so sweet without Judd.

Oi where's Steven? Thanks Riska lol.

So first two matches of the season at the Gabba - must take advantage of it.

I'm looking up flights now :). Just scared I'll miss out on tickets seeing as AFL members get the arse when it comes to getting tickets at the GABBA!

Nah, you'll be right. Gabba hasn't sold out since the 2003 finals series.

Nah, you'll be right. Gabba hasn't sold out since the 2003 finals series.

Nearly missed out on tickets to the Cats game up there this year though! And $50 for a ticket despite me being a paid up member?! :mad:

I'm looking up flights now :). Just scared I'll miss out on tickets seeing as AFL members get the arse when it comes to getting tickets at the GABBA!

I'm waiting for official confirmation, then I'm going to put it in our calendar just in case my wife feels like I need an Easter present... :D

Article says that the Lions get Easter Thursday for the next 5 years. ****ing Brilliant! :D
Are you sure? Where does it say The Lions will get an Easter Thursday game for the next five years?
The way I read it it's the GABBA that will get the Easter Thursday game. It may also include Gold Coast. I hope it is Brisbane.

Qoute;
"When the Gabba Trust relented on a deal which would have forced the new Gold Coast side to play home games at the venue until 2015, one of the kick-backs was a blockbuster Easter match for five years."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you sure? Where does it say The Lions will get an Easter Thursday game for the next five years?
The way I read it it's the GABBA that will get the Easter Thursday game. It may also include Gold Coast. I hope it is Brisbane.

Qoute;
"When the Gabba Trust relented on a deal which would have forced the new Gold Coast side to play home games at the venue until 2015, one of the kick-backs was a blockbuster Easter match for five years."

Could be Brisbane vs GC 2011 and on anyway.

Could be Brisbane vs GC 2011 and on anyway.

Nah that would be pointless. Brisbane vs GC will always sell out so best to bring up a Melbourne team for another sell out :). Though Gold Coast could get some of the games still.

Whats the capacity at the Gabba?
Officially, it's somewhere around the 42,000 mark, but I don't think they actually sell all of the seats (ie the restricted viewing next to the screens and a few other places).

Still, Easter Thursday matches for 5 years? Not too shabby.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back