Eastern Conference - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

It's the bye this weekend *yawn*

So who do you think are the main threats for the title?
GWS have won 2/2 including a great away victory over premiers Ainslie.
Swans are looking strong as usual but their fortunes always seem to depend on their injury list and a limited playing list in the finals.
Belconnen look way off the pace
Queanbeyan had a smashing victory first up but struggled against their QAFL opponent.
Tuggeranong have been improving but can't see them threatening for the title.
I like Eastlake this year, they have a solid list with their youngsters on the improve.

U/18 Competition.

Who are some of the players to watch that will emerge over next few seasons, I am hoping some of the other thread watchers may be able to enlighten me if they have seen some games.

Ainslie, eastlake or GWS in the gf.. As said above it's going to be hard to predict before all teams play each other but you can be pretty certain of the top 4 being ainslie eastlake GWS and Sydney. Ainslie to smash qbn by 10 goals in firsts and seconds, same for eastlake over belco, and swans to beat tuggers by 100. IMO

What are the tips for this weekend.....

Swans to belt Tuggers up at the SCG?

Ainslie to beat QBN, think it will be close all day?

Eastlake to beat a struggling Belconnen?

Any new players caught the eye of anyone?

After hanging in the game in the first half against Ainslie (thanks to some wasteful shooting at goal) Queanbeyan capitulated rather meekly in the 2nd half to be belted by 12 goals.

Ainslie were far to good in many areas of the game. They dominated in the following - Front & Centres, Contested Possession, Numbers at Contests and Clearances.

Tiger fans can accept a defeat if they see their team having at go but for mine, far to many players put up the white flag in the 3rd quarter and did not try and change the flow of the game.

Up and down performances will happen with such a young group but to surrender so easily was bitterly disappointing.

Credit to Ainslie as they were very, very good. Led by Holmes who dominated from the first bounce and Andrews in the ruck Ainslie always looked in control. They had many contributors in a solid team performance.

Tigers best was Quade easily. He had a few helpers in Kav who tried all day, Mackie did well on Hughes until the 2nd half onslaught, Stevens got a bit of it in the 2nd half and Slater got many touches throughout the day but he needed more value with his possessions.

Ainslie 20-16-136
Qbn 10-5-65

Excuse my ignorance ... but where do you get the results of the games these days???

seeyouatthefooty.com.au doesn't seem to have them???

I was also at the ainslie v queanbeyan game yesterday. Good result for ainslie, not sure where that leaves qbn. Pretty dissapointing after half time, no fight which is unlike the tigers. Their youth is being brought up frequently but I don't think the average age would be that dissimilar to ainslie's.

Didn't see either of the games today, but the results were probably as expected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was also at the ainslie v queanbeyan game yesterday. Good result for ainslie, not sure where that leaves qbn. Pretty dissapointing after half time, no fight which is unlike the tigers. Their youth is being brought up frequently but I don't think the average age would be that dissimilar to ainslie's.

Didn't see either of the games today, but the results were probably as expected.

The Tigers back line at the start of the game was 4, 19 year old's, 1 21 year old and good ole Mr Jaques.
8 of the 22 where 19 or younger.
Not sure what the age of Ainslie's are but if that is comparable then they are a very very good side. (Which they are anyway :))
Final score was a true reflection of the game.
Start of the 3rd quarter it was like watching replays, the ease with which Ainslie won the centre bounces was a bit tough to take.

Ainslie probs had 8, 21 or under prob 4 under 19 and 1 17 yr old. Still got some reasonable player sittin in the 2s or out with injury. Should go alright

When was the last time Belco got the wooden spoon? They look like they are struggling and cant really see them getting any better this year...

When was the last time Belco got the wooden spoon? They look like they are struggling and cant really see them getting any better this year...

I'd reckon it is a bit early to make a wooden spooner of them just yet, but granted the signs aren't good. I still can't understand how Love became a co-captain when he was giving it away! I'd be asking a question too if I was Lexie!

The comp is shaping up to be pretty lop sided. Swans, GWS, ainslie and eastlake seem to be a fair way ahead of the rest. And from the crossover games the northern conference seems to be a bit stronger overall. What are peoples thoughts for the weekend? Swans GWS should be a good match, but I think the swans will get them. Qbn should beat belco and same should go for ainslie over tuggers. It has been a bit quiet on here from belco boys. Wouldn't expect anything else though. Watch them come out of the woodwork if they manage to scrape a win though! Doubtful.

I think Swans will probaley beat the Giants.....however I feel we can keep it at a reasonable margin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back