Eastern Conference - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

And Snorkle, lets just say that something completely out of your wildest dreams occurs and Ainslie win this weekend, will you man up and congratulate them on this thread or just make excuses.

And will you then spend more time on your own board than ours as you seem pretty obsessed with us ATM.

A Bit High,

I will be the first to post my congratulations if Ainslie win, as its a real grand final for bragging rites this time around but I would assume with some sore heads on both sides after this week of celebrations - may the best team win.

Gungahlin Jets requires;

Coaches; for Div 2, 3 & 4 for seasons 2012 – 13 (Option)

Players; for Div 2 – 4, U18s & Women Teams

Remuneration – negotiable on experience and qualifications

Contacts: Joe Cortese 0414 512 769 or Travis Scholfield 0408 534591

gm@gungahlinjets.com.au

Close: 30 September 2011

Can anyone out in ACT Football land explain to me why our very own "See you at the footy" website has not had a write from last weeks GF?

Nor have I seen a write up for this weekends cross over GF.

Or have I missed something?

If so I make my apology in advance......but

Seriously if you want people to stand up and take notice surely it must begin on our very own door step.

Lift your game boys!

Hughes and Shirley heading back tp vic and SA respectively. Cooper and McGrath and Duce possibly retiring from the demons. any news on other players in the league moving on or retiring? or any whispers on possible recruits

Season is over but the last night on most clubs calendar is the B&F.

Who will win your clubs Best & Fairest?

Out Tigerland I think a handful could win it. While no player was totally dominant in a disappointing year results wise several played at a consistent level.

Winner to come from these players - Quade, Griggs, Conroy, Dickinson and Jaques as a smokie.

While not many Tigers would say they had their best season in 2011, I think this player did. Ryan Quade become a true leader on and off the field and I think he had his best season in the Black & Gold.

Roy Jaques turned his career around. I thought injuries and age had seen him just about done and dusted 2 seasons ago and again last year, but he played a very consistent season in 2011 and while maybe not enough to win it, he will be up there due to performing week in week out against the odds. Has 99 games for the club and hopefully goes around again.

Will Griggs will be a future B&F winner at this club. It could be this season but if not its not far away. Always gives 100% and typifies what the Tiger spirit should be about.

Toby Conroy just keeps getting the footy and if you get it that often you are going to be noticed. Last years winner could go back to back.

Todd Dickinson just goes about his footy in an old fashion way. With tats all over him and hair only Mitch Heaslip could love, this lad just has a crack all the time. If he used the ball a little better I think he would be a certain winner of the BF this season. Most consistent season.

My Top 5
Quade
Dickinson
Conroy
Griggs
Jaques

Seems like a pretty safe bet that that will be the top 5 ABH. They were the best all year. What happened to Mitch this year? Was he playing injured?

My top 5 for Ainslie:

Marcus Crook
Rob Shirley
Ben Hughes
David Tow
Ian Lawless.

I think Tow has had an awesome year, should go close to winning it. Crook and Shirley will definitely poll well, as will Hughes and Lawless. Rob Tuohey and Dale Walker might get a few votes too.

Can anyone out in ACT Football land explain to me why our very own "See you at the footy" website has not had a write from last weeks GF?

Nor have I seen a write up for this weekends cross over GF.

Or have I missed something?

If so I make my apology in advance......but

Seriously if you want people to stand up and take notice surely it must begin on our very own door step.

Lift your game boys!

They seem to have left most of the NEAFL side of things up to the NEAFL website this year. Redirecting anything regarding the Eastern conference NEAFL to that website.

As for B&F at everyone's favourite BMFC -

John Love had a pretty solid year along with Lexie Bennett in the midfield. Both will have to poll well. New recruit A Dess showed that he is a potential superstar and despite poor delivery and a lack of ball in the forward half could be in with a shot. A solid year for Simon Curtis as well could have him as a dark horse...

They seem to have left most of the NEAFL side of things up to the NEAFL website this year. Redirecting anything regarding the Eastern conference NEAFL to that website.

Thanks for that NorWest, just had a look.

Wonder if the Canberra boys can cut and paste it next year to keep their site up to speed.

Thanks for that NorWest, just had a look.

Wonder if the Canberra boys can cut and paste it next year to keep their site up to speed.

You'd think they would ABH. Like you said it's hard for the competition to move forward if they can't even have a website of there own...

As for the NEAFL cross conference grand final being played prior to the following season, you can't be serious! I agree it's never going to be taken 100% seriously by 2 teams who have just finished celebrating premierships but teams change over the off season too much.

Belco went from winning the flag in 09 to not making the finals in 2010... It wouldn't be a desrving team to play in the big game the following year and would make the cross conference GF a joke...

Hughes and Shirley heading back tp vic and SA respectively. Cooper and McGrath and Duce possibly retiring from the demons. any news on other players in the league moving on or retiring? or any whispers on possible recruits

I havent heard the Shirley move as he is pretty settled here, although he is looking to start some coaching and a move might be on the cards if he feels his body has had enough.

Hughes has said to the club that he feels he has acheived as much as he can in this part of Australia, he is like a son to Rourkie so that may cause some angst in their relationship.

Gobbers has most probably played his last game also, with Balmain cashed up he told the boys during celebrations that he is heading back to Sydney to live.

Argall will announce his retirement at presentation night. and rowan Andrews will move on for next year.

While all of this sounds bad, in terms of a time coming we have had this moment coming since we put resources into stablising the club at the end of 08. the players are all pretty tight and with the performance of our reserves we are pretty confident that a few players out of their are capable of playing at Neafl level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not a bad point, but after being involved I think having it straight after doesn't really work. It's a very weird feeling playing and training after a gf win. Especially if you lose the second one, the celebrations are a bit weird. I would be all for the first game of the season being the gf from the last year. Like the charity shield in English soccer. The foxtel cup is played the year after a team qualifies for it. If anything it might make more players hang around and be better for the club.

Queanbeyan picked up some quality younger players with Kades cousin Ben Klemke one of the most promising big blokes in the Labury/Wodonga area. Add to the former bushragers team mate to the Klemke's Josh Bryce a running half back type who has been playing with Werribie. Real good young players that will do well in the NEAFL.

Queanbeyan picked up some quality younger players with Kades cousin Ben Klemke one of the most promising big blokes in the Labury/Wodonga area. Add to the former bushragers team mate to the Klemke's Josh Bryce a running half back type who has been playing with Werribie. Real good young players that will do well in the NEAFL.

Are they as good as Andrew Carey?

Are they as good as Andrew Carey?
Gee I hope so.
For someone that did no pre-season, hardly trained due to injury and just couldn't get his body to do what he wanted, he played a fantastic year and showed glimpses of the massive talent that he had.

Kade was captain of the RAMS, he can play.

I watched Josh play in the RAMS as well and he can play, the couple of seasons at Werribee will have made him a better player.

The big boy from Albury I cant comment on.

Harsh on Carey kicked well over 50 goals in the O and M this year including an 8 in the Major semi, but i guess we rate Brent Heaver on his woefull season at Ainslie.

Ben is a big lump of a kid who is Athletic for his size at 20 he still has some room for development and will be great to see him after a full Canberra pre-season. Excellent tap ruckman who can go forward take a big mark and is a deadly set shot.

Kade has the ability to be as good as anyone in the comp, i'm sure Queanbeyan will surround him with great people to assist him and take some of the pressure off which will allow him to play his best footy.

Josh is a real good running back with a deadly boot, should fit the mould well.

Great night put on by The Tigers at The Realm last night for the Presentation Night.

Congratulations to Ryan Quade on taking out the Tony Wynd Medal for the B&F, thoroughly deserved win.

Tigers Top 10
Quade 126 votes
Conroy 115
Jolliffe 90
Griggs 81
Stevens 73
Jaques/Kavanagh 71
Heaslip 66
Hollis 52
Dickinson 44
Overs 34

Pleasing to see so many of the Tiger youngsters in the top 10 and shows the club is heading in the right direction and the future looks promising. Still a ways to go but the only way is up from here.

Had the privilege to sit on a table with some Tiger Legends and good friends in Mark Armstrong, Michael Goiser, Tony Wynd, Wally Gisik and Doug Daniel. Lots of laughs, beer and talking of days gone by with the stories getting better and better each time they are told.

Well done to Chook, Pav and all those who assisted in making the event another success.

Also great work by Joel Feuerherdt as MC.

Another positive was the announcement that Pav will continue as 2nd's coach.

Just saw on twitter that Eastlake have their presentation night on Friday. Who is everyone's tip? Did gws have a best and fairest count?

Congratulations to Lexie Bennett on a very deserved B&F win. Even in a dissappointing year result wise to win the B&F count by over 70 votes shows what a stand out year he had.

Congrats to Lovey on R/U B&F and all the other award winners and thanks to all the people from the club who made the night such an enjoyable success!

What are peoples thoughts on how East Coast and Sydney Uni will go in the NEAFL?

My opinion is that they will do it pretty tough initially, but I think it will prove to be a worthwhile expansion and good for footy in general. Are there any suggestions for a 10th side in the Eastern Conference? Another Sydney team to step up in the next couple of years maybe? A Wagga or Albury team, a team from New Zealand?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back