Eastern Conference - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

pretty quiet on the off season news. belconnen would no doubt be active on the recruiting front down south with Lokan taking over. ainslie will have some extra cash in the pocket with the likes of Shirley, Hughes, Andrews, Holmes leaving the club. any other news?

Any updates on the Eastlake coaching situation? I heard today that he was successful with the NT gig...

Anyone heard otherwise?

Can anyone out North confirm or squash the rumour that key players from the 2011 season who have indicated they will not play in 2012 have been asked to attend training pre Xmas to keep up appearances for the new coach.

If true it may suggest that the new coach has not been made aware of the goings on at his new home.

Can anyone out North confirm or squash the rumour that key players from the 2011 season who have indicated they will not play in 2012 have been asked to attend training pre Xmas to keep up appearances for the new coach.

If true it may suggest that the new coach has not been made aware of the goings on at his new home.

Forgive me for being a little slow but that doesn't make sense at belconnen.

I was hoping for news on eastlake, as my little bro looks like going there

Forgive me for being a little slow but that doesn't make sense at belconnen.

I was hoping for news on eastlake, as my little bro looks like going there

Archer did get the Thunder job, awesome gig for him by the sounds of it. http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2011/11/10/271681_ntsport.html

Spoke to a mate from Eastlake and he said the club is confident that they will have a coach appointed within a couple of weeks ready to go for the start of pre season.

Tuggers already started training. Any other clubs started yet?

Not the case, ABH.

Coach is very aware of players who will probably not be playing next year. Everything is on the table but obviously being good club men they are sticking around while Lokan gets his feet. Obviously a bit of fitness and conditioning won't hurt them either.

Keep in mind there are a couple of the players I'm sure your refering to who indicated that they probably won't be playing with Belco next year. I wouldn't write all of them off...

As far as the big money for players they haven't seen yet I haven't heard anything of the sort. Not to say it's not happening as the recruiting team is obviously showing a lot of interest down south with the new coach from down there. I think with limited funds (compared to some other clubs) they're pretty keen on making informed decisions and making the recruitment dollars work.

We kicked off preseason on Monday. great turn out and Lokan was impressive in his forst coaching session.

pretty quiet on the off season news. belconnen would no doubt be active on the recruiting front down south with Lokan taking over. ainslie will have some extra cash in the pocket with the likes of Shirley, Hughes, Andrews, Holmes leaving the club. any other news?

Where have Shirley and Hughes gone?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shirley back to SA as midfield coach at Woodville West Torrens.

http://www.wwtfc.com.au/eagles-news...ncement---return-of-star-trio-for-season-2012

Also interesting to see that Byron Sumner, former Swans player has gone to the same club. What ever happened to him? Played a lot of reserves in at the start of the year then went mia... tbh i think he will struggle in the sanfl.

Couple of retirements out at Tugg. Currie, Masters and Irvine, will that hurt the young group? When will the draw be released?

You sure you have no funds NorWest?

My mail is your part time coach is on 60K and an Adelaide mate from out Port way believes you may have 3 recruits from SA on 25-30K each.

Does not sound poor to me if true.

The only time your club has not paid big coin over the last decade or so was last year......and we all know how that turned out.

Also any truth that Bubba wanted the 18's job but the board is not so keen?

Don't expect you to confirm but that is the rumour!

Actually apparently they don't want him near the juniors.......what's the saying, within 10 feet!

Lot of inside knowledge there ABH. Did you find this all out when you went and had a chat about the possibility of coming on board at Belconnen as an assistant coach?

Imagine if how keen you were on the job became public knowledge. Your rep as a Belconnen hater would be in ruins.

Lot of inside knowledge there ABH. Did you find this all out when you went and had a chat about the possibility of coming on board at Belconnen as an assistant coach?

Imagine if how keen you were on the job became public knowledge. Your rep as a Belconnen hater would be in ruins.

ABH - Rumour has it you had a part of the decision to out Pav as first grade coach and then applied for the Senior Assistant Coach only to be declined.

Then you have spoken to Belconnen and Narrandera about coaching positions.......once again only to be declined. Maybe that trap of yours should be kept closed a little more :eek:

shirley back to SA as midfield coach at Woodville West Torrens.

http://www.wwtfc.com.au/eagles-news...ncement---return-of-star-trio-for-season-2012

Also interesting to see that Byron Sumner, former Swans player has gone to the same club. What ever happened to him? Played a lot of reserves in at the start of the year then went mia... tbh i think he will struggle in the sanfl.

Couple of retirements out at Tugg. Currie, Masters and Irvine, will that hurt the young group? When will the draw be released?

No doubt the experience of those 3 will be a loss at Tugg, but it will create opportunities for the younger guys to take on some leadership. Surely the inclusion of Dragicevic will be great for the young guys at Tugg. There seems to be a group at Tugg that have strung together 40-50 games now, you'd hope there'd be some more improvment and a bit more consistancy from them in the future.

ABH - Rumour has it you had a part of the decision to out Pav as first grade coach and then applied for the Senior Assistant Coach only to be declined.

Then you have spoken to Belconnen and Narrandera about coaching positions.......once again only to be declined. Maybe that trap of yours should be kept closed a little more :eek:

What can I say boys but true, true, true.

Had a chat to Belconnen about assistant coach, but it was not they who refused it was me after they said that they would axe the coach half way thru 2012 and I could have the full time job!

I was not to keen on this but would consider it only if Bubba was my assistant.

Fortunately one of the two parties have morals.

As for Pav and the Tiger job, absolutely true again. Its common knowledge that Pav and I cant stand each other and being as influential as I am out Tigerland got him rissoled and then had him hired as the reserves coach.

The reason the club refused my 1st Grade application was because they would only take me on as coach if I played also. No matter how many times I told them I had retired they just would not budge!

I have already covered the Belco application and as for Narrandera they were offering less than I get for posting on Big Footy!

And as for that trap of mine I may need some help to close it if your available and the hatred for Belconnen, well they just make it way to easy!

Keep it coming boys!

You sure you have no funds NorWest?

My mail is your part time coach is on 60K and an Adelaide mate from out Port way believes you may have 3 recruits from SA on 25-30K each.

Does not sound poor to me if true.

The only time your club has not paid big coin over the last decade or so was last year......and we all know how that turned out.

Also any truth that Bubba wanted the 18's job but the board is not so keen?

Don't expect you to confirm but that is the rumour!

Actually apparently they don't want him near the juniors.......what's the saying, within 10 feet!

I don't think the term "no funds" came from me... but even considering an apparent jump in recruitment spending this year I'd still be willing to say we're not quite outlaying the same money as some others out there. Although I don't think anyone could say that digging a bit deeper into the pockets this year for us is a bad idea.

Interesting news on Bubba, ABH... I haven't heard anything of the kind. Bubba has always been a bit of a key with recruitment and keeping guys on board at the club so I would think getting him involved with the 18s would be a benefit. Our 18s have been so successful over the past few years it's definately of high importance to keep them around.

Sorry NorWest, "Limited" funds ;)

That sort of alleged money is hardly
'limited"

Now my guess is your a board or committee member so -

If Bubba is the sort of guy you believe would benefit the 18's then why has the application date been extended after he has apparently shown a keen interest in the job?

I see Bourke is the new coach of Eastlake, does anyone have any particluar veiws on that? My brother said Cannon and Horn as assistants.

http://www.eastlakedemons.com.au/index.php?id=7&tx_ttnews[year]=2011&tx_ttnews[month]=11&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=51&cHash=425b50e155cfc730a80d87b7e6787cdd

Suggests to me that you are on the money with Bourke and Cannon but seems to be no mention of Horne. In regards to views, he has been involved with Ainslie who have won the last 2 flags so he knows how to get the job done.

Any recruits at any clubs?

ABH i have heard a few concerns from older players out QBN way in regard to the way the coaching situation was handled as well as the direction Klemke wants to head next season.

Last thing the tigers need is some more in club fighting between players, coaches etc.

Any light on this?

..........and please dont play dumb again :eek:

Not sure what you mean about either topic Goss, I don't have anything to do with the club other than commentate their matches.

Could you could be more specific.

So what is Klemke's direction Goss?

Considering the Tigers were out of the 4 last season one would think his aim is to be more competitive and make the 4. Doubt any past players would have concerns on that direction. All we/they would care about is the club being a success.

Interesting you say there are concerns over Klemke considering the club will have their first training session tomorrow.

Given that your last post was amateurish at best, my guess is your full of crap!

Your a novice at this aren't you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back