Eastern FL - Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

8 teams, 8 comps, 2 grounds, 1 day- melbourne metros best of the best!

On Sunday March 6th this event will be broadcast live via SEN Radio 1116 AM.

8 of the premiership teams from 2010 around Melbourne have agreed to play in a 20/20 style competition for their chance to take out the prestigious trophy of becoming Melbourne metro footballs best of the best and win their club $5000 in prizes and money.

The event and day has been organised by Benjamin Charles from SPORT SUPPORT. Also helping promote and run the event is Matty Pillios (EDFL MEDIA HOST) along with various other high profile metropolitan footballers and current or ex AFL players.The day will start at 11am and games will be played at CT Barling Reserve located at Plenty Rd, Reservoir.

The 8 clubs representing their leagues are as follows:

NFL – West Preston F.C (Ran all over powerhouse Heidelberg F.C to take 2010 premiership coach and are known to be physical.)

VAFA – Old Carey F.C (Smashed the VAFA B section comp in 2010 and now in A section will represent VAFA. Have picked up close to 8 quality players for season 2011. Old Xavs F.C declined to participate.)

GFL – South Barwon F.C (One of the favourites from a powerhouse comp. Will be at full strength and have the entire town of Geelong behind them.)

EDFL – Marby Park F.C (Back to back premiers will try and stamp its name as the strongest metro football team in the country boasting a ton of talent.)

EFL – Mulgrave F.C (Represent one of the strongest Melbourne comps and this year are in Div 1. Have recently recruited quality AFL & VFL players for season 2011. Noble Park F.C declined to participate.)

RDFL – Riddell F.C (Strong club with a massive following and will be keen to keep momentum from their 2010 premiership win.)

SFL – Clayton F.C (The club has been a powerhouse in Div 1 for a long time. Have recruited very strongly for 2011. St Kilda City F.C could not confirm.)

WRFL – Albion F.C (Stunned the WRFL winning the 2010 flag and with some new recruits will give it a shake. Coming from a comp with physical football.

EXTRA EVENTS

“Melbournes Fittest Footballer” (Vertical Leap, 20 Metre Sprints and Push Up Comp.)

“Grand Final Curtain Raiser” (60 Person Beep Test between any local registered footballer.)

Should be a cracker of a day! What are everyones thoughts and feedback on it?

I like the idea, but it's 5 weeks before round 1.
Clubs aren't going to field there best sides, players will be rusty & some will be missing due to cricket.
When was the last time a local side played a praccy game 5 weeks before round 1?

While it would be nice to win, it would be hard to justify the title of the best team in metro melbourne with Old Xavs & Noble Park not playing. Plus the fact its a lightning premiership.
The spots of Clayton, Mulgrave & Old Carey, who all won div.2 titles should have gone to the Div.1 runners up of their competitions.

Now that said, as i stated earlier, I do like the idea of the top clubs from different competitions playing one another. The competition should be run over the last 3 weeks of preseason, which clubs playing full games in a knockout system.

Of the teams participating, based on 2010 - South Barwon to win for mine but who knows who has picked up who & sides may not field all their top players.

Well Done to those who organised it & it should be a good day, and i will most likely attend.

Croydon FC will happily enter the 2011 season with the return of a talented son.
They have always looked after Damian Cupido.
Looking forward to hearing his progress in the EFL this season. Was a great player at North Albury but hope he stays away from Macca's and KFC.:D Carried a few extra kilo's at the Hoppers last season.

I like the idea, but it's 5 weeks before round 1.
Clubs aren't going to field there best sides, players will be rusty & some will be missing due to cricket.
When was the last time a local side played a praccy game 5 weeks before round 1?

While it would be nice to win, it would be hard to justify the title of the best team in metro melbourne with Old Xavs & Noble Park not playing. Plus the fact its a lightning premiership.
The spots of Clayton, Mulgrave & Old Carey, who all won div.2 titles should have gone to the Div.1 runners up of their competitions.

Now that said, as i stated earlier, I do like the idea of the top clubs from different competitions playing one another. The competition should be run over the last 3 weeks of preseason, which clubs playing full games in a knockout system.

Of the teams participating, based on 2010 - South Barwon to win for mine but who knows who has picked up who & sides may not field all their top players.

Well Done to those who organised it & it should be a good day, and i will most likely attend.

South Barwon will be favourites, but dont under estimate Maribyrnong Park in the EDFL, at full strength will give it a shake.
Cant wait should be huge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

noble park and old xavs declined to play (scared maybe)
lol, both teams & South Barwon would definently be ranked in the top 10 teams in the state for 2010, possibly even one or two in the top 5.

To say there scared either means you know nothing about football or are a troll.

South Barwon will be favourites, but dont under estimate Maribyrnong Park in the EDFL, at full strength will give it a shake.
Cant wait should be huge.
haven't underestimated Marby Park at all. Just stated South Barwon would go in favourites.
Marby Park and West Preston 2nd & 3rd favs (No particular order)

All depends on who plays & doesn't play for there clubs though.

Re: 8 teams, 8 comps, 2 grounds, 1 day- melbourne metros best of the best!

On Sunday March 6th this event will be broadcast live via SEN Radio 1116 AM.

8 of the premiership teams from 2010 around Melbourne have agreed to play in a 20/20 style competition for their chance to take out the prestigious trophy of becoming Melbourne metro footballs best of the best and win their club $5000 in prizes and money.

The event and day has been organised by Benjamin Charles from SPORT SUPPORT. Also helping promote and run the event is Matty Pillios (EDFL MEDIA HOST) along with various other high profile metropolitan footballers and current or ex AFL players.The day will start at 11am and games will be played at CT Barling Reserve located at Plenty Rd, Reservoir.

The 8 clubs representing their leagues are as follows:

NFL – West Preston F.C (Ran all over powerhouse Heidelberg F.C to take 2010 premiership coach and are known to be physical.)

VAFA – Old Carey F.C (Smashed the VAFA B section comp in 2010 and now in A section will represent VAFA. Have picked up close to 8 quality players for season 2011. Old Xavs F.C declined to participate.)

GFL – South Barwon F.C (One of the favourites from a powerhouse comp. Will be at full strength and have the entire town of Geelong behind them.)

EDFL – Marby Park F.C (Back to back premiers will try and stamp its name as the strongest metro football team in the country boasting a ton of talent.)

EFL – Mulgrave F.C (Represent one of the strongest Melbourne comps and this year are in Div 1. Have recently recruited quality AFL & VFL players for season 2011. Noble Park F.C declined to participate.)

RDFL – Riddell F.C (Strong club with a massive following and will be keen to keep momentum from their 2010 premiership win.)

SFL – Clayton F.C (The club has been a powerhouse in Div 1 for a long time. Have recruited very strongly for 2011. St Kilda City F.C could not confirm.)

WRFL – Albion F.C (Stunned the WRFL winning the 2010 flag and with some new recruits will give it a shake. Coming from a comp with physical football.

EXTRA EVENTS

“Melbournes Fittest Footballer” (Vertical Leap, 20 Metre Sprints and Push Up Comp.)

“Grand Final Curtain Raiser” (60 Person Beep Test between any local registered footballer.)

Should be a cracker of a day! What are everyones thoughts and feedback on it?

Caveman you are correct this will be a cracker of a day.

Looking forward to seeing the Mighty Marby Park take on the Vic Comps best.
Remember back to last year a week out from the season when Marby (with 8 players out) took on Balwyn (at full strength) in a practice match and come a close 7 points from taking the honours.

Marby will have such stars playing as Holland, Carey, Barling, McGlynn, Ayres etc etc
Look forward to seeing all there and dont forget to see me take out the Beep test award. I dont have to tell you who i am, you will tell by the pure pace i set ;)

As they say in the classics - Be there... or miss out like a shag sitting on a rock!

Remember back to last year a week out from the season when Marby (with 8 players out) took on Balwyn (at full strength) in a practice match and come a close 7 points from taking the honours.
I'm pretty sure i remember hearing both sides had players out that day not just Marby Park. Was awhile ago though, so you may be right. Anyway, did hear it was one of the best standard praccy matches played in quite awhile.

EAST Ringwood is on track for a much-improved 2011 Eastern Football League season after some key off-season acquisitions.
The Roos have signed former Collingwood player Ben Kinnear, Box Hill duo Gary Conyers and Julien Moussi and promising Monbulk key forward Dylan Werts.

Roos coach Chris Cogan said the recruiting drive was still in process and he hoped to sign up at least three more players this week.

http://www.maroondahweekly.com.au/n...ingwood-roos-reload-for-campaign/2062431.aspx

EAST Ringwood is on track for a much-improved 2011 Eastern Football League season after some key off-season acquisitions.
The Roos have signed former Collingwood player Ben Kinnear, Box Hill duo Gary Conyers and Julien Moussi and promising Monbulk key forward Dylan Werts.

Roos coach Chris Cogan said the recruiting drive was still in process and he hoped to sign up at least three more players this week.

http://www.maroondahweekly.com.au/n...ingwood-roos-reload-for-campaign/2062431.aspx
Werts from Monbulk really good kid kicked a few goals last year be interesting to see how he handles 1st divy, good luck to him.
See Cullen is off to Silvan great career for Vermont one of the best to run around in !st division.

New arrivals: (more detail to come)
Gary Conyers – 190cm Forward/Onballer (Box Hill ) Returning to ER.
Julian Moussi – 185cm HF/HB (Box Hill )
Andrew MacGuiness – 186cm Onballer (Box Hill )
Andrew Renton – 204cm Ruckman/Forward (Box Hill )
Ben Kinnear – 195cm Key Position (Collingwood, Lalor and Maribyrnong Park)
Tom Goodwin – 198cm Ruckman/Key Position (Wandin )
Dylan Werts – 185cm Forward (Monbulk)
Aaron Richardson – 186cm HF/HB (QFL)
Steve Varney – 190cm Back/Wing (Knox) Returning to ER.
Jayden Roswarne – 178cm HF/HB (Vermont)
This is a great group of players with plenty of character and we hope they enjoy playing for the “Mighty Roos”.

Lots of changes.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/club_info.cgi?c=0-722-12989-0-0&a=CLEAR

Remove this Banner Ad

Back