Eastern FL - Division 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I struggle to understand the Badge of Honour that comes with a club playing good footy with lesser points. Perhaps another way to look at it would be if only we could have pulled in another couple of external talented players we may have actually won it.
Maybe their list is up to it after yesterdays result and don't need pick up anyone else. just saying it was a great result from a club that might not be able to match it financially with the other teams in the 5.

It looks like Rowville are finally starting to get it together. They've had an enormous number of junior players in the past and it's surprising that wenen't where they are now some time ago. It does indicate that teams located in areas with a lot of kids growing up are going to produce a lower points tally, if they can hold onto them. In some circumstance the points system is meaningless as can be seen by Nunawading averaging in the high forties over the season.

Probably only been used about the same number of times as Heath did.

A fireman is working outside on the fire truck when he notices Heath Scotland sitting in a toy fire engine with little ladders hung on the side. Heath is wearing a red plastic fireman’s hat and has his dog tied to the toy fire engine.

The fireman says “Hey you’re’ Heath Scotland aren’t you, what are you doing?” Heath says “I’m pretending to be a fireman and this is my fire truck!” The fireman walks over to take a closer look. “Well Heath that that sure is a really nice fire truck,” says the fireman.

The fireman looks a little closer and notices Heath has tied the dog to the wagon by its testicles.

“Ahh, Heath”, says the fireman, “I don’t want to tell you how to run your fire truck, but if you were to tie that rope to your dog’s collar you would go a lot faster.”

Heath says, “You’re probably right mate, but then I wouldn’t have a siren!”

Last edited:
Well, at the start of the season who would have picked that Vermont, Balwyn and Noble Park would be the last 3 standing!!!!!!!!!!

Agree,it seems a couple of old EFL forum members still on the Big Footy site and missing it and so do I perhaps,lol.

The forum was closed for a reason Cliff, and to the other couple of posters on here the correct call.lol

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree,it seems a couple of old EFL forum members still on the Big Footy site and missing it and so do I perhaps,lol.

The forum was closed for a reason Cliff, and to the other couple of posters on here the correct call.lol

Crap call GMac - it smacked of not knowing how to run a web site so the solution was to cut off one of the best PR streams they had.. Not really smart.

Crap call GMac - it smacked of not knowing how to run a web site so the solution was to cut off one of the best PR streams they had.. Not really smart.

Sorry totally disagree,to expect a EFL person to monitor the forum 24 hours a day is just a to difficult task.Sure only a small minority let the forum down with comments that could have led to social defamation against them self and who cares about that but the EFL could also be hit to as it was there site.If the forum is so good why are other competitions not going down the same path.Definately agree the forum was one of the best PR streams they had but FB and twitter are doing their job.Miss the debates mate but I hope you know where I am coming from and hope yourself and family are well.

PS The EFL also said the forum was closed because of the lack of posters,looking at the number of posters on this EFL site over this season and the lack of posts pretty sure it will stay closed.lol.

Last edited:
I'm in agreement with you Fatside. The FB site is useless GMac. Just have a look at their new website to see how poorly the EFL decision making is on using the internet to effect. As far as monitoring the website, they can't even get their own match report for the Div 3 GF right. That isn't a big job, its more like not doing your job.

Last edited:
Tom Schneider polls the most votes in the Chandler medal but ineligible due to suspension. Has that ever happened in the Chandler Medal before?

Attention all footballers if your a licenced plumber who lives in Melbourne with backflow and are a decent footballer who wants work for the next 3 years we have a job for you 36 hr weeks rdo etc . eba conditions . we are a football club located in the geelong football league looking for players.
the work is based in epping , Thomastown , derrimutt, Tullamarine but you will be required to train at least one night a week in geelong must be a decent footballer