Eastern FL - Division 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Gentlemen's agreement!!!!!
I can't see how the League would allow such a thing.
The League needs to step in and confirm or deny whether such an agreement exists.
An agreement like that would fall outside the boundaries of what would constitute the terms of a legal clearance in the EFL.

Yeah I dont think you wld find it written down anywhere but from what im told it's been put in place by the 2 clubs.

Well first post since the efl forum closure, and I'll comment on grice not playing Saturday. Boronia said the only way they'd clear him is if he didn't play. He was desperate to play and prove his worth. I think that's it now. No other deals, he'll play next time they play, and I hope he destroys them. There's a lot more going on behind the scenes that aren't going public. Anyway, Upper gully are flying....just sayin!

Good to hear from you again Ty. How's the bloke with the same name as the number one draft pick going.;)
I've heard Grice did make it onto the ground and upset a couple of former team mates.
I also heard that it was only this game the agreement covered, so your coach should be a bit happier next time.

The real petracca is going well. Different player since his time at Montrose.
I didn't see the game, just dropped into club after baseball on sat. Was absolutly jumping. Can't remember whether Dean played....like I said....place was jumping! But it's always good to beat boronia. Probably taken over from ftg as the current main rival! Be a great hitout against the basin on sat. Too table clash and a real barometer for both clubs.

Heard that although he didn't play he was the runner and that the coach was very upset about him not being available.
Hardly been on this site and already Gricey talk is taking over.

Interesting clause but nothing to do with the league. The clubs and player come to those sort of agreements.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did Grice leave Boronia??? I remember the reason why he played in boronia's seconds grand final the other year it was because he wanted to play with his mates. Money?? or other reasons??

Heard a rumour last night that the League isn't happy with the situation and are investigating. We may be hearing more about this in the future.

I doubt there's anything that can be done. It's happened now and not sure his inclusion would have changed the result. As for why he left, you probably need to ask him. But from what I heard he was on at boronia, it's certainly not money. I believe he's actually on about a third he was getting down there. He's very good friends with Tate and Lawso, so that might have had a bit to do with it. But having not spoken to the bloke, I'm only hypothisising. Good luck to upper today! Baseballing again, so I won't get to the basin. Hope it lives up to the expectations!

No necessarily money, and Upper were not the only club he had discussions with. Needed a change, and there were a few disagreements with some at Boronia that strained relationships.

Your saying he's only on a third of what he was on at Boronia Lowey? I've been told by a very reliable source its nearly double what he was on at Boronia.

Your saying he's only on a third of what he was on at Boronia Lowey? I've been told by a very reliable source its nearly double what he was on at Boronia.
Anyone that thinks he's on less at Upper than Boronia, I'm selling a bridge, going really cheap.

Upset win from The Basin? They're now equal top with Mitcham while Chirnside are the only winless team.

Basin have added some real quality to an already solid core group, they will be very hard to beat this year I believe.

From what I've heard he was on at boronia, he'd be on nearly 2 gorillas! We don't pay anyone that ever ever never! And I'm not even in the know, but he isn't getting anywhere near what he got at boronia.....just sayin!

Another big clash this week at kings park. Looking to get back some respect after the loss to basin. Reckon the upper boys will be looking forward to it. Mitcham always good games, look forward to catch up with skipper too. Heard pimmy isn't playing this week. Young Gellie is spewing. Watched pimmy play at upper when he was under 9's and 10's and loved him! How things have changed. Was told that his opponent last week, big bloke at ringwood, was the toughest opponent he had sines he started playing in our ones, including billy schilling a couple of years ago.

From what I've heard he was on at boronia, he'd be on nearly 2 gorillas! We don't pay anyone that ever ever never! And I'm not even in the know, but he isn't getting anywhere near what he got at boronia.....just sayin!
You're right Lowey, you're not in the know. The number 1 draft pick at UFTG is on more than that.o_O

You're right Lowey, you're not in the know. The number 1 draft pick at UFTG is on more than that.o_O

Lowey is pretty close to the previous $$ just a touch over.

I must admit I was amazed with where he ended up, due to the UFTG limited budget - but not surprised he left. Still conflicted with what I believe he would be costing at Kings, so won't even try to guess. That said I would have thought it would need at a minimum close to where it was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back