Eastern Football League - Division 4 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Answer my won question - I have been told will be going to tribunal this week.

Ex-Donvale player trying to get back there from North Ringwood - will be an interesting outcome.
Apologies Bobby, didn't see your question. Nick wants to play with his mates at Donvale but I'm told he's under contract at North. Didn't get to the game on the weekend as I was crook and was going to ask. Club are hopeful though. I'll ask around tomorrow to get clarification.

Apologies Bobby, didn't see your question. Nick wants to play with his mates at Donvale but I'm told he's under contract at North. Didn't get to the game on the weekend as I was crook and was going to ask. Club are hopeful though. I'll ask around tomorrow to get clarification.
I think the whole footy world (well maybe just locals) will be watching what happens with the Nick Murphy case. I understand as it is there is a contract so unless Nth Ringwood clear him he will sit out the year and surely with the salary cap coming in the EFL have got to back the clubs who have followed the contract rules and not clear players who just change their minds. This case should be a reminder to players to pay attention to what they agree to and sign. I suspect the only way a clearance will be granted is if $$$ (transfer fee) changes hand between Donvale and Nth Ringwood and surely no one wants this type of transaction to be the norm.

I think the whole footy world (well maybe just locals) will be watching what happens with the Nick Murphy case. I understand as it is there is a contract so unless Nth Ringwood clear him he will sit out the year and surely with the salary cap coming in the EFL have got to back the clubs who have followed the contract rules and not clear players who just change their minds. This case should be a reminder to players to pay attention to what they agree to and sign. I suspect the only way a clearance will be granted is if $$$ (transfer fee) changes hand between Donvale and Nth Ringwood and surely no one wants this type of transaction to be the norm.
I tend to agree with you on most points there. However, Nick was a Donvale boy up until they couldn't field a team in 2014 and he left for North Ringwood. If he signed a contract thinking his local team were not going to return, then that may hold some weight I think. It's apparently more than just playing with mates. My source had knocked down a dozen pots just the same.

I tend to agree with you on most points there. However, Nick was a Donvale boy up until they couldn't field a team in 2014 and he left for North Ringwood. If he signed a contract thinking his local team were not going to return, then that may hold some weight I think. It's apparently more than just playing with mates. My source had knocked down a dozen pots just the same.

From what I know - Donvale was able to secure Nick some employment which was enough to entice him back to the club. Under contract at Nth Ringwood and a sign-on was paid. North Ringwood will not clear him. The case is headed to a tribunal (this week?). Will play at Donvale or stand out for the year.

From what I know - Donvale was able to secure Nick some employment which was enough to entice him back to the club. Under contract at Nth Ringwood and a sign-on was paid. North Ringwood will not clear him. The case is headed to a tribunal (this week?). Will play at Donvale or stand out for the year.

You would think that the sign on fee should be returned as well as anything else Nth Ringwood did for him and they could all move on?

With Box Hill Hawks having the bye the week, I might get along to this Saturday to support Nunawading who need plenty of support!
Glen Waverley v Nunawading at Central Reserve GW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive effort and congratulations to all of those involved in dragging Donvale back from the dead.
Seniors and Ressies both wooden spooners in 2015 and 19s didn't have a team. All 3 teams playing finals a year later and 2 years after the club didn't exist.
Good luck on the weekend guys, fantastic effort to get this far.

Yep massive effort, obviously a lot of hard work done off field to steady the ship and get it back on track, well done to all involved.

Geez, SB what's happening up there?
From down here it looks like all 12 wheels fell off!
My Upper Gully mates are making a lot of noise.

We lost a tough game of footy to a good team, hardly all 12 wheels falling off, earnt the second chance so hopefully make the most of it but Donvale are a very good side so will have to be at our best.

Upper boys have every reason to trout off, undefeated and smashed tempy few weeks back so they are flying and will win the flag by 10 goals youd think.

Fair enough Cliff. FH 2s probably best side all yr but had 7-8 players away through the start middle of the yr so always going to be tough to beat and the 19s have had tight tussels with Donvale on each occasion with 1 win each and a draw so never going to be a walk in the park. All the 3 sides can do now is have a good week on the track and put there best foot forward Saturday and hope to get another crack on GF day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back