MVP Easton Wood - 2018 captain

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not even sure what an individual within leadership group is supposed to do that he would not be expected to do during the normal events of a game or training. I get the Captain and vice captain, coin toss, media commitments, but do these other guys now get extra votes on game day? Does Lachie Hunter now get to tell Libba, Dahl, Wal and Macrae what to do at the centre bounce? (sorry, toss into the air because we dont want to bring in any sort of obscure chance element). And JJ wont be telling Moz what to do down back!
Maybe it is more of an off field thing. I hope they get a car park, or badge or whatever so long as someone stands up when things are going to S*&t during the game and gets it back on track. All these guys (maybe not Red) were on the field in 2017 when we did not lift when needed. If the specially marked coffee mug gives them the encouragement to make onfield decisions when required then more power to them, but as of 2018 every player who crosses the line in RWB needs to show those qualities.
Leaders lead by setting the scene and by lifting people around them by their actions. It is not a matter Hunter telling others what to do at the centre bounce, they would already know that. It is not a matter of JJ telling Moz what to do, he already knows that. It is about inspiring your teamates when they are down through your actions and positivity.

Leaders lead by setting the scene and by lifting people around them by their actions. It is not a matter Hunter telling others what to do at the centre bounce, they would already know that. It is not a matter of JJ telling Moz what to do, he already knows that. It is about inspiring your teamates when they are down through your actions and positivity.

They help maintain standards of behaviour, work ethic on the training track and being the 'go to' when players are having issues outside of their football.

These guys are usually being mentored by others as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back