Easton Wood was a lot better than Alex Rance

Tiger Outcast

Club Legend
Sep 6, 2021
Croatia!
AFL Club
Richmond
No he was also much better at defending and being a defender.
pigs-arse-award-jpg.398945

Crabapplepittard

Cancelled
Jul 10, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Careful guys. There seems to be a lot of body shaming happening in this thread. Would hate for pretend SJW’s like Jazny to come in here and derail it.

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
not as good as thurlow and mackie

A classic bf thread.
Leigh Mathews,Wayne Carey and SOS,all legendary players for their respective clubs rate him as one of the best defenders of all time yet he is nothing to verandah guts bf posters?

A Tiger life member.

I hope he comes back to the club one day in some capacity.

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
I’ve just realised that Robbie Tarrant is better than both of them 👍

Aug 21, 2011
Logan
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A classic bf thread.
Leigh Mathews,Wayne Carey and SOS,all legendary players for their respective clubs rate him as one of the best defenders of all time yet he is nothing to verandah guts bf posters?

A Tiger life member.

How long did he play for Richmond when they were utter s**t.
How long did he play for them when they were winning finals.

Cyclops

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 25, 2001
Northern Suburbs
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
IOM Gyms, Preston Nth End
A classic bf thread.

A Tiger life member.

One of life's mysteries. Maybe they spent time at his sauna?

Have a think about your other defenders like Houli and Vlastuin. I never saw either of them cough up 6 or 7 goals in a match through utter inability to contest. Rance regularly opened the gates against Collingwood, literally cost you a 4peat.

Rance isn't Richmond's best defender ever. He's not even the best in the current dynasty. He walked away from the game and you got better.

He was a lovely elegant skilled player, but he was not a defender's a-hole.

He played on 3 or 4 players at once/guarded space because he read the ball off the boot better than all the other players and was able to get to more contests and spoil the ball.
Turn it up, he took 4 forwards at once? You're on drugs.

"Loose man in defence" has been a position for ever you mental midget.

Just a handsomer version of Nick Maxwell, but a worse leader of men: Rance only ever led one guy at a time, and it was by accident.

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond

Have a think about your other defenders like Houli and Vlastuin. I never saw either of them cough up 6 or 7 goals in a match through utter inability to contest. Rance regularly opened the gates against Collingwood, literally cost you a 4peat.

Rance isn't Richmond's best defender ever. He's not even the best in the current dynasty. He walked away from the game and you got better.

Just a handsomer version of Nick Maxwell, but a worse leader of men: Rance only ever led one guy at a time, and it was by accident.
A lot of oppo supporters hate him because they are attracted to him .

There were times he took on 4 blokes at once. But they weren't on the footy field.

A lot of oppo supporters hate him because they are attracted to him .
Ah, that would explain the numerous Jack Watts posts made by Richmond flogs over the years.

leobarryustar

Milking frees
Margin Mania Chess Club Member BeanCoiNFT Investor Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Sep 23, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Exers
Rance only ever led one guy at a time, and it was by accident.
He led that gay dude to the fashion shops. You know, the one who had those orgies at Grandma Rance’s house.

A classic bf thread.

A Tiger life member.

Much better coach than he was a player.

Back