Movie Easy A

Remove this Banner Ad

Exhalted One

Rookie
Nov 2, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Finally got around to watching the 2018 miniseries Maniac which is pretty good. This left me wondering what else Emily Emma Stone has done that I haven't seen. Easy A is a 2010 teen comedy film with a green Metascore, I believe is her first lead role, and would serve as a palate cleanser from my usual diet of drama and horror.

This is not a great movie. But it was fascinating to watch a decade after it came out. Both because Emma Stone went on to be a big movie star and because I doubt it would get made now, at least as a theatrical release. Even ignoring COVID-19, big studios (this is Sony) don't really do comedies anymore. Despite the release year there's a pre-GFC feel to this movie. Picturesque small town. No smart phones that I could recognise. The gay jokes or non-jokes are an interesting piece of a time where being gay was okay but everyone was still doing gay jokes or near enough. I'm going to dock it marks because early 20s Emma Stone was less attractive than I expected #shallow #w***er

You could do worse than watch this hungover on a Sunday as I did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back