Eat, Fast, Live Longer.

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyone happen to watch it on SBS tonight at 8:30?

It was very interesting.

It was more about different fasting diets for anti ageing & disease prevention more so than fatloss & muscle gain.

Revealed studies & trials on Alternate days fasting, 5/2 fasting & IF.

They mention in America in 1929 there was depression which caused a food shortage & society that experienced that era lived an average of 6 years longer yet their early fear was when people had a food shortage would've died earlier.

The journo that did the show is ironically married to a GP, at the end of the show he showed his wife the dramatic improvement in his blood tests which meant he didn't need any pills, his GP wife had a look of huge disappointment on her face, it was priceless!

Doctors want loose if there's every a huge diet change recommendation which makes society healthy & less pill dependant, the medical industry will dip funds into the governments coffers to pass a law that you must check with your doctor first before fasting or starting a high fat diet & get monitored monthly.
Aslong as they get their consultancy fee they are happy!
Pharmarcies/Chemists will be protected too, they will have exclusive rights to sell grass fed butter which we will need a script from the doctor to enable us to buy it.

And I'll probably get arrested & jailed for illegally trafficking MCT oil!

conspiracy.jpg

the best part about that episode is the aging expert guy he interviews who says the best way to live long and avoid cancer and heart disease is to reduce IGF#1. And the best way to do that it is 24 hour+ fasts. As I've written a few times, it gives your body the opportunity to repair your damaged DNA. Autophagy FTW.

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
the best part about that episode is the aging expert guy he interviews who says the best way to live long and avoid cancer and heart disease is to reduce IGF#1. And the best way to do that it is 24 hour+ fasts. As I've written a few times, it gives your body the opportunity to repair your damaged DNA. Autophagy FTW.

Yes, people hear the word fasting & think starving to lose weight & don't realise the many medicinal benefits fasting has to offer as you mentioned.

Prem87

Cancelled
10k Posts
Dec 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
What's the best way to add size/body build without raising IGF1? I really want to get a lot bigger!

RU486

Club Legend
Mar 11, 2008
West
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Man City
the best part about that episode is the aging expert guy he interviews who says the best way to live long and avoid cancer and heart disease is to reduce IGF#1.

Yet HGH is regarded as the 'fountain of youth', but does the complete opposite and raises GH levels. How can this be explained, is this merely the hypothesis of the 'expert' in question or has it been demonstrated so far in reputable studies?

RU486

Club Legend
Mar 11, 2008
West
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Man City
Not sure what you're trying to say - HGH and GH are the same thing.

I think his hypotheseis in regard to IGF#1, is pretty new, yes. Haven't found a lot of supporting info as yet.

By GH levels I mean the production of GH in blood serum (IGF-1), as by using HGH you increase those levels. I've long heard of the theory of aging involving a caloric deficit diet (well studied), is it possible that these two are linked together?

Caloric deficit boots GH, which is anti-aging as you say. That's why some people shoot it up ( fountain of youth).

In regard to IGF#1 thats seems a bit more complex. Bit out of my league at this stage. We really need Steven Dank to comment.

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
I thought it was contradictory when firstly they mentioned that a village in Ecuador had a high percentage of dwarfs from lack of gift being produced which effected their DNA , so from that one would think if is important for growth?

Then a few segments later they suggested low protein consumption cos high protein intake overloads the cells , raises igf and brings on cancer?

I'll do some investigating regarding igf & see what I can find.

Back