ECB to introduce 100 ball cricket in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

The league will be structured similarly to the IPL, with playoff style finals and a player draft at the start of the season, each team required to pick 15 players, up to 3 of whom can be overseas imports. Supposedly the 100 ball structure is just the first of many differences to t20 cricket.

The league will be structured similarly to the IPL, with playoff style finals and a player draft at the start of the season, each team required to pick 15 players, up to 3 of whom can be overseas imports. Supposedly the 100 ball structure is just the first of many differences to t20 cricket.

First of many? 102 balls? Tennis balls? 5 a side? French cricket? One hand one bounce? Tippedy run?

Tell that to the 12 counties who miss out. That's the point I was making.
How about removing all 18 counties. Make different franchises completely removed from the counties.

Will join in the criticism.

What exactly is this solving? Where is there any demand for this? In what way does it appeal to the broader pubic in a way that T20 does not already?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huh. Now I can't explain it at all.
Apparently an explanation is that Strauss thinks the current format is too complex for women and children to understand:
“We want to make the game as simple as possible to understand,” said Andrew Strauss as part of the ECB’s justification for the new 100-ball format that kicks off in 2020. “We are trying to appeal to a new audience,” he added.

Two perfectly legitimate explanations for this radical proposal. “In particular, we are looking at mums and kids in the summer holidays,” the husband and father of two children said.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/088f018e-470c-11e8-bf76-d5da08923eed

It had to happen. The 20 over game is now too long for people. Having to watch 20 overs just takes too much out of the contemporary cricket watcher. Pretty soon we'll be down to 10 overs an innings and finally, all we'll have is a very exciting coin toss and we can all go home.
There is already t10 cricket in Pakistan. Starting it’s second season soon

The bogans and imbeciles that watch t20 will love it
What a braindead response. Just because you don't like T20 doesn't mean it isn't a valid form of the game. If you dislike it, why don't you go ahead and ignore it? There are plenty of sports I dislike including Baseball, motor sport and boxing, but you don't see me going onto those boards/threads and whinging how s**t that game is.

This will just lead to more and more players getting white ball only deals...
Englands test level depth chart has already been hit by various players signing such deals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back