Eco 2020 edition

Exactly berg!
I’ve watched 2 full games so far, normally I watch 4 games or so during the weekend, sit down 10-15 minutes and it’s just been terrible viewing

Damo80

Premiership Player
Jul 11, 2011
Latrobe Valley
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
We're playing really ordinary footy. Effort levels are low, getting outworked and out numbered, not exerting significant pressure and it's exposing our backline, which is now showing signs of being second rate post-Rance.

Probably too early to write us off for good, but the signs aren't good. It's all well and good to say "We were in a hole this time last year and won the flag", but that was with a handful of our best missing chunks of footy. There's not the same excuse this year. Are we just slow to find our groove after the Covid layoff, or is that our era done, and we're back to the pack? If we keep dishing up what we have this last few weeks we won't make the 8.

Sooo, clearly I'm not quite #eco yet, but it's getting close. I still reckon the best outcome this year would be to see the Pies lose the unlosable premiership. Perhaps via the season getting canned when they're really up and about.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jun 28, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
tbh ive struggled to ECI ever since the season was stopped

like, im not even mad that were playing horrid football, the whole competition this year is just jury rigged to limp over the line and play enough games to suit the corporate overlords. Theres no seconds for us to drop players to or have some players find form, so were pretty much forced to persevere with under performing players even when were going badly.

but so long as collingwood, essendon or carlton dont leap up ans sneak a flag this year i doubt ill care all to much

jc12

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
We're playing really ordinary footy. Effort levels are low, getting outworked and out numbered, not exerting significant pressure and it's exposing our backline, which is now showing signs of being second rate post-Rance.

Probably too early to write us off for good, but the signs aren't good. It's all well and good to say "We were in a hole this time last year and won the flag", but that was with a handful of our best missing chunks of footy. There's not the same excuse this year. Are we just slow to find our groove after the Covid layoff, or is that our era done, and we're back to the pack? If we keep dishing up what we have this last few weeks we won't make the 8.

Sooo, clearly I'm not quite #eco yet, but it's getting close. I still reckon the best outcome this year would be to see the Pies lose the unlosable premiership. Perhaps via the season getting canned when they're really up and about.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Na seasons done , these players were eco before the pies game man, I mean look at their effort. It was comical how memberey was by himself . We let these bozos mark the ball so easily.

Cotcho

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Just annoyed our reign has been burst by a ******* virus. No coincidence that we haven't coped, nothing has worked for us this year.

I always thought we might be cursed. Like when we looked good and Nathan Brown went down.
I thought that maybe we would get oh so close and something like this happen.

Take solace in the fact that we won 2 legitimate flags in the last 3 years. Imagine we hadn’t got the job done and this was our year....then this.

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
I’ve watched 2 full games so far, normally I watch 4 games or so during the weekend, sit down 10-15 minutes and it’s just been terrible viewing
Yeah what happened to the overall quality of the game? I thought 2019 was really bad, but it’s much worse this year. It’s like there are 2 good teams so far (Port Adelaide and Collingwood), a bunch of middling teams and one bad team (Adelaide).

When we were crap in the 2000s, the early 2010s and 2016, there were at least quite a few really good teams that were good to watch.

Said when the restart was announced that I had little interest in the season and nothing has changed. I don't even get upset when we lose or when we make poor decisions within games. I just look at this as being a 17 week JLT series where the majority goes half rat power except for a couple of white line fever types who don't know how to slow down.

As far as we're concerned I look at it as a chance to put some development into the next crop of kids coming through and to set us up for the next crack at a flag.

Hello old friend....

1-1.gif

A9E417F7-8CFA-48D7-A9F8-F30916A598D9.gif

551352_9fd1aa0deb10feb80ea316f5e6f7ce6d.gif

But ultimately, i am

tenor-1.gif

Back