Remove this Banner Ad

May 23, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
"I know it's out of fashion, and a trifle uncool
But I can't help it, I'm a romantic fool
It's a habit of mine, to watch the sun go down
On Echo Beach, I watch the sun go down"

Anybody else feeling checked out this season? Even when I'm at the games, I have a hard time really getting into it.

I'm #eco even before the Melbourne game. We need something to happen to spark our season and make footy fun again.

FMD, barrack your brains out and if we win great and if we don't who gives a s**t. Its just a game in the end, is ones life lived on how Richmond fare of a weekend. 17,19 and 20 have given me a lifetime of satisfaction some other clubs fans can only dream about. Richmond losing doesn't bother me anymore.

FMD, barrack your brains out and if we win great and if we don't who gives a s**t. Its just a game in the end, is ones life lived on how Richmond fare of a weekend. 17,19 and 20 have given me a lifetime of satisfaction some other clubs fans can only dream about. Richmond losing doesn't bother me anymore.
Ever since I tasted the sweet wine of victory from the great chalice of success I can't go back. I used to enjoy the football when we were losing because back then I would only ever look for improvement in players and get excited about the young kid that showed a few good moments in the game.

Since we won a flag I always go in thinking we can win and it is a bad feeling.

yep don’t give a * if we win anymore. Those 4 years were amazing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I'm forever grateful we took our chances when the window was open, so many clubs don't.

This is going to sound like it's co-inciding with our decline, but the AFL just gets worse and worse with the rule changes and woke rounds etc.

I'm glad we've won our three and I can now die a happy man (from a footy perspective).

I’m a 64 year old grandmother. I never thought I’d see another flag in my lifetime. So to see 3 in quick succession like we did was beyond my wildest dreams and I will be forever grateful.

Some sides haven’t won 3 in their entire existence. Imagine that.
Bulldogs, St Kilda, GWS, Freo and Gold Coast have won 3 between them in a combined total of 275 seasons :D

I think all of your responses do a better job of reflecting what I was trying to say. My hunger to see the Tigers win a flag is sated. 2017 was the pinnacle. I was too young in 1980 to properly appreciate it. I'm going to relax and enjoy being #eco for a while.

Tige's forever.

This is going to sound like it's co-inciding with our decline, but the AFL just gets worse and worse with the rule changes and woke rounds etc.

I'm glad we've won our three and I can now die a happy man (from a footy perspective).
Yep. Good call mate. We won before the whole world went woke. We should forever be known in the AFL as The Last Of The Mohicans.

daniel day lewis 90s GIF

Still checked in. If I was checked in during the Wallet years, then I can be checked in while we go through this minor slump and see the genesis of our new premiership dynasty evolve before me. Remember when we all though Rance was a dud, Edwards a list clogger, Cotchin a ball hog, Jack a spoiled brat, Dusty a tease and Dimma just another waste of a coach?! That turned around quickly now didn't it!

I see this year as a year of growth. You don't bring in two new midfielders into a side and expect them to understand the systems. game plan and culture immediately. It takes time. Similalry, you can't expect players like Ryan to flourish in the wet after 4 games, Sonsie to destroy them in the middle, Balta to be flawless in the backline, Clarke to get leather poisoning, MRJ create 100% of our forward pressure and Cumberland to be the answer to all our forward woes. It will take time. We're just spoiled and expect a continuous procession of flags.

So, while I'm not #emo and don't expect a flag this year but I still expect wins. I still expect progression. I still expect development. For that reason, I stay invested because you just never know....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back