News #ECO thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This is me today.
Although to be serious, I think the hardest part of this year has been dealing with expectations. I started the year convinced we could do one better. The Cognitive dissonance from expectation to reality, proved brutal.

Now my goals are about trying to slip into the 8. That makes the rest of the year far easier to enjoy.

Welp time to fire this up again...

Starting blankly as we watch our season slip away.

Saints with 94 tackles, and it was reflected by the eye test. Didnt bring nearly the same pressure. That used to be us in 2005-06.

#eco

The depressing thing this year is I actually like what they are trying to do - play fast moving, dynamic football - but they are not able to pull it off. The result is the players are burning themselves out with frustration and getting injurred in the process.

So the question is, do they change and play a safer brand of football or do they keep trying and make it happen?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eco at the team? no

Eco at this league? definitely

Thats how I feel

Used to be watch every Friday game, tune in elsewhere where I could, get into games, know every player onnevery team type.

Umpiring is a massive issue, but also the rules and just the afl being corporate or sweeping s**t under the rug, giving advantages to some.
Perhaps I am just old

Thats how I feel

Used to be watch every Friday game, tune in elsewhere where I could, get into games, know every player onnevery team type.

Umpiring is a massive issue, but also the rules and just the afl being corporate or sweeping s**t under the rug, giving advantages to some.
Perhaps I am just old

It's more of no matter how good of a season you have as a Northern club your odds of success are remote.

League is setup this way and it's never changing.

It's more of no matter how good of a season you have as a Northern club your odds of success are remote.

League is setup this way and it's never changing.

Its not even a poor swans thing to be honest, The AFL just made things up on the fly, "investigate" some things, or maybe it is.

This is sooky but 2016, I genuinely thought in the late third that we were just not allowed to win today, that killed it a bit for me.

Its not the great spectacle it was generally. Covid year was good in a way shorter games, over quicker

Its not even a poor swans thing to be honest, The AFL just made things up on the fly, "investigate" some things, or maybe it is.

This is sooky but 2016, I genuinely thought in the late third that we were just not allowed to win today, that killed it a bit for me.

Its not the great spectacle it was generally. Covid year was good in a way shorter games, over quicker

I dont think we are allowed to be to successful either.

Started this week with the Parker suspension while all the others got off.

I promise you we would of had some changes to the academy system had we won a flag between the Mills and Heeney recruitment.

I remember almost being deflated after that Leo Barry shepherd that shouldnt have been a free kick in the 2005 QF... 2016 wasnt the only one I got frustrated with the umps.

But we won that year so it was almost forgotten. Wouldnt count as #eco tho as we were all immersed in that QF.

If we lose to West Coast........
This wasn't the year to follow the team around the country. That being said have travelled to GC, Syd v Hawks and gather round so the travelling record has been good so far. WCE, Geelong, Freo and Adelaide booked so I just want them to show up and actually look like they give a s**t.

This wasn't the year to follow the team around the country. That being said have travelled to GC, Syd v Hawks and gather round so the travelling record has been good so far. WCE, Geelong, Freo and Adelaide booked so I just want them to show up and actually look like they give a s**t.
You are one brave soul to travel to Adelaide facing the Crows, their record at home is unbelievable. Giving you some serious kudos tbh

You are one brave soul to travel to Adelaide facing the Crows, their record at home is unbelievable. Giving you some serious kudos tbh
Sounds like there will be a few of us there. It's a weekend away mid-term and * knows by that stage a weekend of football and drinking might get me through to the end of term.

I check out when we were sitting 3-6 after losing to freo (and getting belted by the cats & demons). Two rubbish wins against North & Carlton and all of a sudden we were 5-6 and our season once again had a pulse.

I wasn't convinced after we beat North on a technicality, and then managed to avoid out-losing Carlton.

Was ultimately a false dawn and the St kilda rabble put another nail in the coffin.

Brisbane will hammer another in.

It wouldn't bother me if it was the Eagles that nailed it shut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back