Injury Ed Curnow - Shoulder

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey C4, did Ed ask you why you didn't draft him to Essendon?

:D :thumbsu:

C4 found out he was Mauritian not indigenous ;)

Thats a good question HBF.

Truth be told; Ed tested very well with us - and we were very impressed with his VFL form at Box Hill throughout the course of last season prior to him breaking his leg.

I must admit that when I first heard that he was being given the boot from Adelaide, I was shocked - as I was a big fan of his during his draft season at the Falcons, so naturally, we touched base with him early, just to sound out what he was going to do post Adelaide.

We reguarly kept in contact, and as I stated earlier - we were very impressed with his form, and thought that he could add much to our team - by way of helping Jobe with the 'inside' workload.

I think it was on a Thursday (just after out morning run) we summond Ed and his Manager (Lucy Mills) and also Ed's father to the Dick Reynold's room down at Windy Hill. We sat down and discussed with him about the club and the new structure, and where we aim to be heading - and I deliberatley went out of my way to mention to Ed that we have a proud indigenous history associated with the club.... however, Ed didn't really seem to react to this, which got me thinking initially.

To cut the story short; It all came to a halt when we asked Ed to fill out an application form for us to consider (at this stage we were looking to select him late in the draft) .. however, he did not tick the 'Are you of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Decent?' question box ... which immediatley sounded alarm bells for us.

As a result of all this, unfortunatley, we were forced to inform Ed that now due to having these circumstances come to light, we could now no longer take on his application, and would no longer consider drafting him.

So we had to add Ed to the 'non' Indigenous pile/list:

Indigenous_Ed_black_hand.jpg

1. Daniel Kerr
2. Mark Merenda
3. Tendai Mzungu
4. Edward Curnow

Thats a good question HBF.

Truth be told; Ed tested very well with us - and we were very impressed with his VFL form at Box Hill throughout the course of last season prior to him breaking his leg.

I must admit that when I first heard that he was being given the boot from Adelaide, I was shocked - as I was a big fan of his during his draft season at the Falcons, so naturally, we touched base with him early, just to sound out what he was going to do post Adelaide.

We reguarly kept in contact, and as I stated earlier - we were very impressed with his form, and thought that he could add much to our team - by way of helping Jobe with the 'inside' workload.

I think it was on a Thursday (just after out morning run) we summond Ed and his Manager (Lucy Mills) and also Ed's father to the Dick Reynold's room down at Windy Hill. We sat down and discussed with him about the club and the new structure, and where we aim to be heading - and I deliberatley went out of my way to mention to Ed that we have a proud indigenous history associated with the club.... however, Ed didn't really seem to react to this, which got me thinking initially.

To cut the story short; It all came to a halt when we asked Ed to fill out an application form for us to consider (at this stage we were looking to select him late in the draft) .. however, he did not tick the 'Are you of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Decent?' question box ... which immediatley sounded alarm bells for us.

As a result of all this, unfortunatley, we were forced to inform Ed that now due to having these circumstances come to light, we could now no longer take on his application, and would no longer consider drafting him.

So we had to add Ed to the 'non' Indigenous pile/list:

Indigenous_Ed_black_hand.jpg

1. Daniel Kerr
2. Mark Merenda
3. Tendai Mzungu
4. Edward Curnow

I am impressed C4. Could you get me an autographed photo of Tania Hird with the inscription "I love Five" ;)

So C4, I can blame you if he comes back next week as I am about to trade him out of my SC team based on your "at least 4 weeks" insider info :p

Probably a chance you'd want to trade him out eventually anyway. .. he will reach his price point soon if not already and us having the bye in the second last round means he is no good for a sc-prelim ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back