Traded Ed Langdon [traded with #26 and 2020 4th to Melbourne for #22, #79 and 2020 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

If he asks for a trade to Victoria freo would jump at Melbourne’s second rounder.

His value probably will be impacted by the level of interest and contract offer...pretty confident four clubs are very interested in Langdon. Once he states his preference then that club is in the box seat.

His brother did the same thing to Collingwood last year. Don’t be surprised to see Ed in purple next year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a stat going around that says hes the 3rd worst kick going inside 50 in the comp and clayton oliver is on top of that list if i rember correctly. He really is a bad kick.
His kicking could definitely be better, but it's no where near as bad as freo fans are making it. If we think a player is leaving us, our board gets salty and immature. Line-breaker, elite speed, pressure, tackling, runs both ways, handy in front of goals, covers heaps of ground, top 4 b&f last year and will be there abouts this season, knows how to find the ball.

I'm not keen on losing him, but I've accepted it's happening.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lol Langdon is easy worth a 2nd rd pick, People overrate picks the guy is a regular best 22 player all ready has a top 5 best and fairest result. He is only 23 if stays inj free well on track to play 150 plus AFL games.
I agree. I mentioned earlier I think on this thread that you aren’t always likely to get a player of Langdon quality even with a pick around 20. Draft can be a bit of a lottery around then.

There's a stat going around that says hes the 3rd worst kick going inside 50 in the comp and clayton oliver is on top of that list if i rember correctly. He really is a bad kick.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Obviously Oliver as an inside mid is usually under more pressure than an outside player like Langdon who is a rubbish kick under little to no pressure.

Obviously Oliver as an inside mid is usually under more pressure than an outside player like Langdon who is a rubbish kick under little to no pressure.

I agree that Langdon isn't a great kick but to say that an inside mid is under pressure compared to an outside mid is disingenuous.

Langdon is generally kicking while at full pace while being pursued / ran at from the front compared to an inside mid who will be doing it from congestion under threat from a tackle from every angle.

To say one is under pressure than the other is poor analysis.

Try sprinting at full pace and then kicking to a leading target. It's why blokes like B.Hill are so valuable. If Langdon can improve his kicking he will be lethal.

I do wonder how much of his poor disposal is down to Fremantle's inability to have any semblance of a forward structure.

Here's my prediction

Langdon to Dees

Langdon and our 2nd (26)
for
Dees 2nd (20) and 3rd (38)
I'd have him worth at least pick 25 so I think you are selling us short. Melbourne should jump at that, though, history shows you get a lot less for uncontracted players

I'd have him worth at least pick 25 so I think you are selling us short. Melbourne should jump at that, though, history shows you get a lot less for uncontracted players
It's a good deal for Melbourne, no doubt. But also for Freo they make the most of the situation.

The pick 20 ensures that Freo can match-bid on Henry and probably get change. That pick then slides down to probably a 4th, rather than all the way to the end. It means for Langdon, Freo turn it into Henry and a pick in the 3rd and a pick in the 4th Round.

Freo currently only has a mid 2nd Rounder, which may not be in itself enough to Match-Bid and therefore looking at a 'pick debt', and no 3rd or 4th Round selections.

It's a good deal for Melbourne, no doubt. But also for Freo they make the most of the situation.

The pick 20 ensures that Freo can match-bid on Henry and probably get change. That pick then slides down to probably a 4th, rather than all the way to the end. It means for Langdon, Freo turn it into Henry and a pick in the 3rd and a pick in the 4th Round.

Freo currently only has a mid 2nd Rounder, which may not be in itself enough to Match-Bid and therefore looking at a 'pick debt', and no 3rd or 4th Round selections.
Its a fair point re Henry. If I'm us, I'm banking on Henry being bid early 2nd and I'd prefer downgrading our 2nd for points (Doggies have 3 3rds we'd be asking about) and getting above the possible bid with the rest of our picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back