Traded Ed Langdon [traded with #26 and 2020 4th to Melbourne for #22, #79 and 2020 2nd]

Marc_Remillard

Maderator
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
23 year old with a top 4 b&f, on track for another top 5 b&f.

You - 3Rd RoUnDeR

you forgot

23 year old who runs all day and can't kick for s**t

I don't want him, we have enough bozos in our team who are s**t kicks, I'd prefer we go after someone with actual skill.

As for his b&f results, it's Freo, means absolutely nothing.

Mid to late 2nd rounder, not an early 2nd rounder

you forgot

I don't want him, we have enough bozos in our team who are s**t kicks, I'd prefer we go after someone with actual skill.

Melbourne better start winning some games then to push up that ladder for the mid second round pick.

Marc_Remillard

Maderator
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Melbourne better start winning some games then to push up that ladder for the mid second round pick.

Or we use our second round pick on a player who would actually improve our team and we use our 3rd rounder on the mid with the s**t kicking skills

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
you forgot

Freo means absolutely nothing? Umm, you've played finals once in what, 10 years?

But going by your highly intelligent logic - you don't like him, therefore regards of commonsense, Melbourne should get him for cheap, purely because of your idiotic opinion?

If he can't kick and is worthless, what does that make your entire midfield? Or do you have double standards?

Marc_Remillard

Maderator
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Freo means absolutely nothing? Umm, you've played finals once in what, 10 years?

But going by your highly intelligent logic - you don't like him, therefore regards of commonsense, Melbourne should get him for cheap, purely because of your idiotic opinion?

If he can't kick and is worthless, what does that make your entire midfield? Or do you have double standards?

No, I've already stated that I don't want him, but if we do I hope we don't use our 2nd rounder. I hope that we go after players who have skills in areas that we desperately need.

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
Or we use our second round pick on a player who would actually improve our team and we use our 3rd rounder on the mid with the s**t kicking skills
What your missing in all this tho is the player you want aka a player with all Ed’s attributes PLUS a good kick is going to cost you ALOT more than your second.
Or put it this way you could get the guy who can kick but doesn’t have all of Ed’s other attributes.

Either way your second is only going to get a player who still has some flaws, otherwise your paying top price.

It’s bit like that saints fan in the brad hill thread who reckoned they were going to give brad 800-900 per season yet would only “offer” up a pick 10-15..
lol
Or to put it simply look up the term cognitive dissonance

.edit:I’ll admit your second is probably still at the high end of his range due to uncontracted status so our future 3rd way may be thrown in but I’d hazard to say as your club still views itself in “the window” and desperate need for outside run(your playing brayshaw in a wing??) will probably see you part with it regardless (should ed choose Melb)

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool

Interesting study of his stats...his kicking would seem better than some are making out. Kicking not as effective after his knee injury but getting better again. Under contract he would be a mid first, out of contract depends totally on club interest and his choice.
Best scenario Stayed with Fremantle and get 600k for 4 years.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
I always suspected one of these threads would descend into a Monty Python sketch. At last..

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
Melbourne got absolutely torched on the outside by saints run tonight.

Especially in the last , saints we’re running on top of the ground while dees plethora of inside plodders laboured.

Pretty easy to see why their targeting ed.
Won’t be able to hand over their second quick enough for him

Melbourne's second isn't great value for us given Henry's likely bid range. After about pick 12ish the club would prioritise points from multiple 3rds. I like Angus but the concussion problem is too big a risk especially after the Bennell and Hogan trades. My ideal for a trade with Melbourne would have then trade a future 1st and this years 3rd for Langdon and future second. I don't think they'll be missing finals 2 years in a row
We have three third rounders this year.

Langdon has pace and uses it in games but his kicking at full speed is a concern, granted it can be for a lot of genuinely pacy players.

se17enteen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dillon Panthers
I’d trade Langdon/2nd pick to Melbourne for Angus Brayshaw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
We have three third rounders this year.

Langdon has pace and uses it in games but his kicking at full speed is a concern, granted it can be for a lot of genuinely pacy players.

Pretty much. He just needs to learn how to take an easier option or kick to space rather than just kicking it up in the air. I rate his game, just sick of the kicking not improving week in week out

DanWA

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle Sharks
Local media here reporting Demons looking to get Langdon during the pre season draft

Dockers get nothing then?

Back