Traded Ed Langdon [traded with #26 and 2020 4th to Melbourne for #22, #79 and 2020 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Who has pace and we would play at hbf

And we chased Jones last time he wa spur of contract was what the article was mentioning

Frankly after topping up in last years trade period, North should try and hit the draft hard and get some more decent youth into their system, a young ruck and another KPF, as well as more inside mids to help Cunnington.

Also Fred (especially under Rosco) are pains in the asses to trade with (you just know they will ask for your first round pick, which is way overs)
I would steer clear if I was NMFC

Frankly after topping up in last years trade period, North should try and hit the draft hard and get some more decent youth into their system, a young ruck and another KPF, as well as more inside mids to help Cunnington.

Also Fred (especially under Rosco) are pains in the asses to trade with (you just know they will ask for your first round pick, which is way overs)
I would steer clear if I was NMFC
Pains in the ass? Every trade that has been done gets agreed by both parties. As happened with Geelong and WC over Kelly, if you don't want to do the trade, walk away, and that goes for both sides. The reality is the club has had 2 players request a trade, and the club has allowed that to happen despite those players being contracted. How did your club handle that kind of situation?

Also a strange snipe at Lyon given trading isn't his role.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Somebody still hurting about the Weller trade by the looks of things.
You are hurting not me , could get Tim Kelly /Worpel / Constable / Liam Ryan/Sam Taylor/Bayley Fritsch/ , all in one go plus one of Brayshaw /Cerra and 2018 GC second round pick + a year of development in AFL environment and WAFL . but you prefer just pick 2 = Weller and Crozier pick (Ballard ) and list manager went to Carlton after that.

Assumption : Brayshaw and Cerra taken before pick 5
Naugnton /Stephenson still available .

Last edited:
I'd have him on one of our wings knowing that Mayne won't stay on one of ours for ever. We're known to trade away future second round picks although I quite frankly have no idea what his actual trade value is.
Second Rd should be enough , his kicking very inconsistent .

You are hurting not me , could get Tim Kelly /Worpel / Constable / Liam Ryan/Sam Taylor/Bayley Fritsch/ , all in one go plus one of Brayshaw /Cerra and 2018 GC second round pick + a year of development in AFL environment and WAFL . but you prefer just pick 2 = Weller and Crozier pick (Ballard ) and list manager went to Carlton after that.

Assumption : Brayshaw and Cerra taken before pick 5
Naugnton /Stephenson still available .
Mr Retrospect comes to town.

Pains in the ass? Every trade that has been done gets agreed by both parties. As happened with Geelong and WC over Kelly, if you don't want to do the trade, walk away, and that goes for both sides. The reality is the club has had 2 players request a trade, and the club has allowed that to happen despite those players being contracted. How did your club handle that kind of situation?

Also a strange snipe at Lyon given trading isn't his role.
Look at the Crozier and Hamling trades between Freo/Dogs for evidence that trading works perfectly fine for both parties. No idea how anyone could think Fremantle aren't good to trade with, I'd consider them one of the more reasonable clubs to deal with

The only other player from your mob the club would consider for a fair swap (if Langdon indeed wanted out and to Carlton)would be petrevski seton even then tho I think club would have its doubts

Let's talk about picks because neither SPS nor Fisher are likely to be going anywhere.

Both are part of our core group and seen as significant players for us going forward, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back