Traded Ed Langdon [traded with #26 and 2020 4th to Melbourne for #22, #79 and 2020 2nd]

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
15 seems a bit high to me. I know we often overrated draft picks, but while he's got good pace and can find the footy, he hasn't seemed overly damaging from the games I've seen.
Jordan Gallucci
Jarrod Garlett
Zak Jones
Brandon Ellis
Taylor Garner
Billie Smedts

Christian Howard

I would take Langdon over all if them except Jones.
15 is probably unders

Jordan Gallucci
Jarrod Garlett
Zak Jones
Brandon Ellis
Taylor Garner
Billie Smedts

Christian Howard

I would take Langdon over all if them except Jones.
15 is probably unders

I’m sure I can find 6 guns taken after pick 50 in the draft too.

Not sure that alone is a great indication of his trade value.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I’m sure I can find 6 guns taken after pick 50 in the draft too.

Not sure that alone is a great indication of his trade value.
Pick 56 Dougal howard
Pick 59 Jordan Conico
Pick 61 Harris Andrew
Pick 67 Dan Butler
Pick 85 Jeremy Finlayson

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
Let's talk about picks because neither SPS nor Fisher are likely to be going anywhere.

Both are part of our core group and seen as significant players for us going forward, and I don't see that changing any time soon.
Well in the unliklihood he chose to go back home and even unliklier event to go to Carlton draftpicks wouldn’t cut it .

Our club wouldn’t be interested in accumulating draft picks like SOS does, especially for an up and coming established talent such as Langdon- his output would need to be replaced somewhat like for like immediately otherwise your team just ends up in a perpetual state of rebuilding

That said , in this instance, I could see Carlton having the same philosophy -no point trading out a young known quantity for another of similar ability

Last edited:

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Zac Fisher Carlton
Blake acres St Kilda
Fair swap for Langdon .

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I'll give you a third round pick and Patrick Kerr. Perhaps a swap of future 4ths in your favour.
Collingwood have second and third round pick and Chris mayne . Who is this dude Patrick Kerr ?

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Can't see Ed Langdon being a good fit at Collingwood besides having his brother play alongside him. He's much like Phillips in being able to run all game but not exactly having a great deal of pace. He's also great in the air like Phillips. We still have Sidebottom and Mayne who are wingmen in the best 22 with Aish, Daicos and such pushing. He's a really good player but he's not going to offer a whole lot that we don't already have.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Can't see Ed Langdon being a good fit at Collingwood besides having his brother play alongside him. He's much like Phillips in being able to run all game but not exactly having a great deal of pace. He's also great in the air like Phillips. We still have Sidebottom and Mayne who are wingmen in the best 22 with Aish, Daicos and such pushing. He's a really good player but he's not going to offer a whole lot that we don't already have.
Depend both Mayne and Sidebottom are near 30 . No guarantee a player in second Rd pick going to be better than Aish/Daico .

Back