Traded Ed Langdon [traded with #26 and 2020 4th to Melbourne for #22, #79 and 2020 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't see Ed Langdon being a good fit at Collingwood besides having his brother play alongside him. He's much like Phillips in being able to run all game but not exactly having a great deal of pace. He's also great in the air like Phillips. We still have Sidebottom and Mayne who are wingmen in the best 22 with Aish, Daicos and such pushing. He's a really good player but he's not going to offer a whole lot that we don't already have.
You don't watch a lot of Freo? Dude has pace. His specialty is running down blokes from behind.

Unquestionably his major knock is ball use but one thing he does well is finish in front of goal. So he can definitely damage although he does all his best work in home games so far.

32 poss and 10 marks today. Very impressive.
Zac Fisher Carlton
Blake acres St Kilda
Fair swap for Langdon .
But who gets Langdon? Saints or Blues? Langdon is statistically better than both of them put together.

Current Averages
Name Possessions Marks
Ed Langdon 27.8 7.6
Blake Acres 16.2 4.0
Zac Fisher 20.0 2.5

32 poss and 10 marks today. Very impressive.

But who gets Langdon? Saints or Blues? Langdon is statistically better than both of them put together.

Current Averages
Name Possessions Marks
Ed Langdon 27.8 7.6
Blake Acres 16.2 4.0
Zac Fisher 20.0 2.5

I’d trade Ed Langdon for Zac Fisher. “IF” Langdon wanted out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see Fisher for Langdon a fair swap. But i dont think Fisher wants out. Has settled in very well and loves the club by all reports.

In saying that, im a fan of Langdon and want him at the blues. Depending where adelaide finish (as we have their 1st) id send it to Freo for Langdon. 13-18. If it was 6-12 i would think we would want something back in return.

Just my thoughts

I see Fisher for Langdon a fair swap. But i dont think Fisher wants out. Has settled in very well and loves the club by all reports.

In saying that, im a fan of Langdon and want him at the blues. Depending where adelaide finish (as we have their 1st) id send it to Freo for Langdon. 13-18. If it was 6-12 i would think we would want something back in return.

Just my thoughts
I don't think Fremantle want a first round pick , it take time to develop players . Conca , Colyer , Lobb, Hogan , Hamling , B.hill ,Cameron Macarthy , Matera .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if Fremantle were offered Pick 13 for Langdon they would take it and run.
The problem is you don't even have pick 13 now , but you do have player that can step in and fill Langdon role . Draft pick look great on paper , if you pick the wrong one they going to spend large amount of time in reserve league .

I don't think Fremantle want a first round pick , it take time to develop players . Conca , Colyer , Lobb, Hogan , Hamling , B.hill ,Cameron Macarthy , Matera .
Well if Langdon says he is out, your hands might be tied. You have a good young group. Nothing wrong with a couple of picks before 18 this year

Well if Langdon says he is out, your hands might be tied. You have a good young group. Nothing wrong with a couple of picks before 18 this year
Don't mistake what GCSs supporters think for what Fremantle supporters think.

Fremantle has been pretty good at helping players who want to leave, leave, but they haven't had too many do it at the end of their contract so far. I think we have a little bit of cover in his position with Tucker, and also have Bewley, Giro, Sturt and Carter developing, but still raw, and Henry coming through NGA.

We would try and leverage for an established player, and will be in the hunt for Kelly, Martin or Coniglio, but perhaps there are others.

I Carlton look more likely to use use Adelaide 1st and Carlton 2020 first on Coniglio/Josh Kelly to help Cripps + paid decent money on unrestricter free agent Tomlinson.
* Don't think your list manager exchange first round pick with Adelaide for Langdon .

Last edited:
I Carlton look more likely to use use Adelaide 1st and Carlton 2020 first on Coniglio/Josh Kelly to help Cripps + paid decent money on unrestricter free agent Tomlinson.
* Don't think your list manager exchange first round pick with Adelaide for Langdon .
Coniglio is a FA. Happy to pay just coin for him.

You might be right re Josh Kelly but dont think we will want to give up 2 1sts and over 1 million a year on him.

I know Tomlinson is a very good player but dont think he is what carlton need.

Langdon would be a great get. Might be right about SOS not wanting to pay a 1st but if the adelaide first was 14 and over id be ok with it. But id suggest the pick we get from adelaide will be 10 at worst.

You might be right re Josh Kelly but dont think we will want to give up 2 1sts and over 1 million a year on him.

Langdon would be a great get. Might be right about SOS not wanting to pay a 1st but if the adelaide first was 14 and over id be ok with it. But id suggest the pick we get from adelaide will be 10 at worst.
Need to be realistic about trade , what fan want and what list manager want sometime are totally opposite or in between .

I reckon you’d jump at pick 10 for Langdon, maybe some later picks to make it a little more even. Maybe not if he keeps up this form.

Carlton are past needing early picks. They have the young mid talent in Walsh Dow Fisher Stoker & obrian. They have the forwards. What they need is experienced players ready to go. Langdon will be around 70 games after the season and slots straight on the wing. Adding him and getting Docherty back would be huge.

In saying that, I wouldn’t want Freo to lose him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back