Traded Ed Langdon [traded with #26 and 2020 4th to Melbourne for #22, #79 and 2020 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you mean like this?

“We have been undertaking a due diligence process as part of a possible trade to secure Jesse Hogan,” Dockers footy boss Peter Bell said.
“As part of that process, we have had discussions with Jesse, the player’s management and Melbourne.
“While discussions were proceeding it became clear that what Melbourne would be seeking for a trade would not be possible for our club to meet.
“As such, we have informed Melbourne and Jesse’s management that we will not be continuing further with the due diligence process.”

Oh yeah cool.
Who does he play for now though?

Langdon is very good friends with Weller from Gold Coast. I reckon they'd take punt if he went in the PSD.

But it won't happen, a trade will be sorted. Then I can have a laugh when he butchers the ball for Melbourne instead of crying when he butchers it for us.

Have zero idea why any club would be interested in him. His positives (run, spread, endurance) are completely negated by the fact he simply can't kick.
You are so honest, i don't think Langdon go PSD path, a second Rd will get it done.

2nd to Dockers with a 3rd coming back IMO
Is much depend on Melbourne list, if GC get priority pick after pick 10, I think GC might ask for Melbourne pick (assumption pick 2) in exchange with pick 11 and Brisbane pick. As much I like Priority as pick 1 I don't think it going to happen.

Last edited:
2nd to Dockers with a 3rd coming back IMO
I imagine if Melbourne offered that, Freo would just go to another club.

Foxfooty.com.au reported in May that up to five clubs — St Kilda, Collingwood, North Melbourne, Melbourne and Western Bulldogs — had made enquiries about Langdon.

Currently;
North have got pick 23
Bullies have 28.
Collingwood 31+49

They're all better deals.

I imagine if Melbourne offered that, Freo would just go to another club.

Foxfooty.com.au reported in May that up to five clubs — St Kilda, Collingwood, North Melbourne, Melbourne and Western Bulldogs — had made enquiries about Langdon.

Currently;
North have got pick 23
Bullies have 28.
Collingwood 31+49

They're all better deals.
Problem being he's uncontracted, once he chooses where he's going, that's where he's going

Today is a prime example why Langdon is worth only a 3rd round pick. His kicking has been atrocious.
Today was the essence of Langdon. 28 touches, 5 tackles (including 1 run-down holding the ball) and 2 goals to go with a big asterisk of poor disposal. If he had good disposal it would be a top 10 and change. He doesnt, so its a 2nd rounder

Today is a prime example why Langdon is worth only a 3rd round pick. His kicking has been atrocious.
If you don't want him, and he is willing to come to Gold Coast, happy to give GCS future second for him, just saying Eagles and Brisbane done pretty well with GCS future 2nd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today was the essence of Langdon. 28 touches, 5 tackles (including 1 run-down holding the ball) and 2 goals to go with a big asterisk of poor disposal. If he had good disposal it would be a top 10 and change. He doesnt, so its a 2nd rounder
Not sure if you watched the game mate, but his disposal was pretty terrible.
Its one thing for a bloke to get his hands on the footy, its another to use it effectively.

Its one thing for a bloke to get his hands on the footy, its another to use it effectively.
Yeah of course I saw the game, I said poor disposal didnt I? I know his disposal is bad but he is really really good at everything else. If he had good disposal he'd be worth a mint. He doesnt, so he'll be worth a 2nd

Was easily in the best few. Not sure if you're aware, but there's a reason why so many clubs are chasing him and offering him good coin.

Not sure what game you watched but his 2 goals and 28 touches and his 500 meters gained is the exact reason why worth 2nd round pick. Yes his kicking can let him down at times but rather look at things he does do well instead of bad things. some of the best players in the AFL are Avg kicks.

I got to be honest he is actually better than Weller, so Melbourne fan you got a bargain just giving up your second Rd for him.

Not sure what game you watched but his 2 goals and 28 touches and his 500 meters gained is the exact reason why worth 2nd round pick. Yes his kicking can let him down at times but rather look at things he does do well instead of bad things. some of the best players in the AFL are Avg kicks.
And not many can do this...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back