Traded Ed Langdon [traded with #26 and 2020 4th to Melbourne for #22, #79 and 2020 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Fox Sports reporting: “They (Melbourne) have got Picks 2, 20 and 38 and they could split that first pick. If you gave up Pick 18 that’s about right."
That's one journalists opinion and it's a stupid one. Pick 18 would belong to the premier. Why the * would we trade pick 2 or 3 to get 18

Mate, Langdon is good. Freo fans are salty, if a player leaves they throw a tantrum. The smack talk about Weller and Neale, add Langdon for most of the year, dead set cringe.

The freo board overrates average players and are convinced proven spuds will turn into guns, meanwhile mock Langdon......logic.

Trust me, Langdon for #20(#21) is a good result for you.
Weller is a good footballer, Neale is an excellent footballer. At the time I said I didn't want to lose either.

Langdon is not a good footballer. His is an outside midfielder and he is an awful kick. He's all about the effort and run. He makes poor decisions and has poor disposal. Lyon loved him because of his effort.

Weller is a good footballer, Neale is an excellent footballer. At the time I said I didn't want to lose either.

Langdon is not a good footballer. His is an outside midfielder and he is an awful kick. He's all about the effort and run. He makes poor decisions and has poor disposal. Lyon loved him because of his effort.

I think the best comment i heard about him was if you were selecting a cross country team, he'd be the first one you picked. For a football team not so much.

and if he actually made good decisions you'd be right.

he has the unique combination of bad decisions + poor skills. Watch the first half of the essendon game and you'll see.
They are neither bad nor poor, they are both average.

Yeah? Go back and watch Weller burn more ball than a vasectomy clinic.

Mate, Langdon is good. Freo fans are salty, if a player leaves they throw a tantrum. The smack talk about Weller and Neale, add Langdon for most of the year, dead set cringe.

The freo board overrates average players and are convinced proven spuds will turn into guns, meanwhile mock Langdon......logic.

Trust me, Langdon for #20(#21) is a good result for you.

Amen preacher man...

The Age has reported that Ed Langdon has not chosen the Dees, as of yet.

If Melbourne splits pick 2 for two first rounders and offers one to Freo for Langdon, Peter Bell is still in their heads!

Give up pick 20, that's more than enough for Ed, if you had 25, well that would be a fair trade!

If Melbourne splits pick 2 for two first rounders and offers one to Freo for Langdon, Peter Bell is still in their heads!

Give up pick 20, that's more than enough for Ed, if you had 25, well that would be a fair trade!
What if it was GWS's pick 11 for Langdon and 25? That's probably still fair and we'd get ahead of a Henry bid which I'm sure Bell will be pushing

What if it was GWS's pick 11 for Langdon and 25 That's probably still fair and we'd get ahead of a Henry bid which I'm sure Bell will be pushing

Is GWS in the running, strange selection if they do!

That would still be overs but I would be very happy with 11 and its not as silly as what the media are suggesting Melbourne is doing. 11 would get us Elijah Taylor and I will love the club again if they do.

I'm hoping for a little strategy from Belly regarding Henry. Something like stockpiling second and third round selections to pay for Henry in hope someone bids on him after we get Taylor!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is GWS in the running, strange selection if they do!

That would still be overs but I would be very happy with 11 and its not as silly as what the media are suggesting Melbourne is doing. 11 would get us Elijah Taylor and I will love the club again if they do.

I'm hoping for a little strategy from Belly regarding Henry. Something like stockpiling second and third round selections to pay for Henry in hope someone bids on him after we get Taylor!
Nah, talking about Melbourne splitting there first then trading half to us with something coming back

Gold Coast are getting pick 2 FWIW.

Also the Dees might us well pack it in if they give up pick 3 in a deal for Langdon. That is nuffies on AFL Pages type of stupidity.

Langdon for pick 20 is about right.

Melbourne would be stupid to split pick 2. They should just go and get Anderson.

If the Suns get given pick 1 and Melbourne picks turns from 2 to 3, then you trade that to the GWS for picks 12,14

Melbourne shouldn’t do this but let’s put another trade situation in.

Langdon and pick 25 for picks 14,39,57.

If Melbourne splits 3 for 12 and 14 from GWS it's quite likely to be on draft night, with the Langdon deal already tucked away.
Unless we want to use 1 of the picks on a player. But you are right, that deal will be completely separate from Langdon. Laughable and cringe seeing Freo fans pot Langdon now that he's leaving, but seem to think Melbourne are only splitting their pick so that they can trade a mid-first to Freo for Langdon :drunk:

If Melbourne splits 3 for 12 and 14 from GWS it's quite likely to be on draft night, with the Langdon deal already tucked away.

I’d say it won’t be on draft night. Melb would want to split those picks in the trade period to keep their options open in both trade and draft night.

2 picks available to see what shakes in the trade period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back