Remove this Banner Ad

Melksham2Siposs

All Australian
Sep 10, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
0044cbb76080ec2bc50aa7ccca5d841f.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He looks like Pete's arch-enemy from Round The Twist.

MV5BMTE1YzMzYzUtZTVmOC00ODI2LWEyOGItOGExYWRhZDMyZjc1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTQ0Mzk3MDg@._V1_.jpg

Have ya ever...

'Least the Irish lads will feel more comfortable with him... #WhiteAsAYeti

IMG_0837.jpg

Interesting to see who he's mates with too... ;)

I think he and the family are happy

I know someone who's brother was drafted interstate and it's must be a parents dream to have their kid stay in Melbourne. Getting drafted and staying put is like a dream come true. It's a massive upheaval getting sent to the opposite side of the country as a 18 year old.

Hayes4PM

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
I know someone who's brother was drafted interstate and it's must be a parents dream to have their kid stay in Melbourne. Getting drafted and staying put is like a dream come true. It's a massive upheaval getting sent to the opposite side of the country as a 18 year old.

I suppose, it's also about perception and how you want to look at it. The other way you can look at it is you get a 2 year contract at an elite level to do what you love doing and get to travel to a new place to do it.

Oct 1, 2010
Vermont
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Celtic, Glasgow Warriors, Wolves
I suppose, it's also about perception and how you want to look at it. The other way you can look at it is you get a 2 year contract at an elite level to do what you love doing and get to travel to a new place to do it.
Depends.

I for sure know that at 18 I was not mature enough to move away from the family. I'd wager there'd be quite a few boys of varying backgrounds who'd have the same feelings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Write-up by don patch sword:

Pick 66 - Geelong - Ed Phillips
Team: Oakleigh Chargers
Height: 186 Weight: 78
DOB: 29/3/98

TAC Games: 13
AVG Disposals: 18.2
Goals:

Player Traits: Cameron Guthrie
Position: Midfielder, Utility

Bio: Ed is a medium utility able to play back, forward and midfield. He is tough as nails and has beaten many good players this year.

Ed is a great mark overhead which adds to his versatility, able to take pack marks and win one on one marking contests in the forward line and also through the middle. Has also done some attacking tagging roles, he played on McCluggage in a final beating him in many center clearances while also kicking 3 goals himself.

Ed's composure could be better and his speed and agility is only average. His disposals numbers are ok for a layer always changing position but could do with getting more of the footy. He has great endurance and is a good finisher in front of goal.

Ed is being considered late by a lot of clubs and he should be a certainty to get on a list if he gets to the rookie draft.

had a bloke at work today doing work exp thats at cauf grammar and said ed is like typical amazing bloke that everyone loves.

St Pauls

All Australian
Jul 11, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Seems like a bit of a Newnes pick. Great endurance and pod over head mark.

Hopefully he will be following around Newnesy like a bad smell this summer.

Jun 2, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Write-up by don patch sword:

Pick 66 - Geelong - Ed Phillips
Team: Oakleigh Chargers
Height: 186 Weight: 78
DOB: 29/3/98

TAC Games: 13
AVG Disposals: 18.2
Goals:

Player Traits: Cameron Guthrie
Position: Midfielder, Utility

Bio: Ed is a medium utility able to play back, forward and midfield. He is tough as nails and has beaten many good players this year.

Ed is a great mark overhead which adds to his versatility, able to take pack marks and win one on one marking contests in the forward line and also through the middle. Has also done some attacking tagging roles, he played on McCluggage in a final beating him in many center clearances while also kicking 3 goals himself.

Ed's composure could be better and his speed and agility is only average. His disposals numbers are ok for a layer always changing position but could do with getting more of the footy. He has great endurance and is a good finisher in front of goal.

Ed is being considered late by a lot of clubs and he should be a certainty to get on a list if he gets to the rookie draft.

FWIW Don Patch Sword = Cal Twomey. Like legitimately.

freebloke

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
His brother has just won the time trial at the pies. He does have great endurance like his brother - so maybe a future as a shutdown defender / mid?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back