Prediction Ed Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

As well as former 'pies Seedsman (great grandson of Jim Sharp) and Heath Shaw (son of Ray Shaw, nephew of Tony) there's more than a few others with 'pies connections playing elsewhere too:

Sam Weideman (grandson of Murray, son of Mark),
Jake Kelly (son of Craig Kelly), James Stewart (son of Craig Stewart),
Liam Picken (son of Billy Picken),
Jayden Hunt (great-great nephew of Harold Rumney),
Zach Merrett (great nephew of Thorold Merrett),
Brandon Starcevich (nephew of Craig Starcevich) and
Tom Mitchell (son of Barry Mitchell)
The sentiment around Richards appears to be greater though with most seemingly because he's a Richards. It's worth noting though that his 'pies roots run deeper and he'd be the fourth generation Pannam/Richards to play for the 'pies. Unfortunately there's no broader family rule.

1st generation - Charlie Pannam, Albert Pannam (brothers)
2nd generation - Charlie Pannam Jnr, Alby Pannam (sons of Charlie Pannam Snr)
3rd generation - Ron Richards, Lou Richards (grandsons of Charlie Pannam Snr)​

There's no sentiment in this game unfortunately unless of course they're tied by Father-Son
Romantic but wouldn't of thought likely.

If he were drafted interstate could have changed things.

Well I don’t want to watch him playing for the Dogs. It made me sick watching Picken win a premiership off his own boot for them, and they bid on Moore and tried to make us look bad by taking Cloke.

As well as former 'pies Seedsman (great grandson of Jim Sharp) and Heath Shaw (son of Ray Shaw, nephew of Tony) there's more than a few others with 'pies connections playing elsewhere too:

The sentiment around Richards appears to be greater though with most seemingly because he's a Richards. It's worth noting though that his 'pies roots run deeper and he'd be the fourth generation Pannam/Richards to play for the 'pies. Unfortunately there's no broader family rule.

And Pannam was Greek and shortened his name.

I'm already getting trolled by my Dogs supporting friend. She's sent me a link to young Richards being welcomed to the Dogs by Grant. Please. Spare me. Two years, and he'll want to come to his spititual home.

(I hope)

The hairs real red.
Good hair.

But overall, I'd rather keep the first two we took before taking young Ed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't aware of Jayden Hunt's connection to Harold Rumney/Collingwood. I read somewhere a while back that Derek Hine was watching him with interest before he was drafted, (if he really was) it would have made it an even better story if we'd picked him up!

Former Pie Geoff Miles' son Teia is at Hawthorn. John Vickery, the father of Ty (who I believe is still on the Hawks' list despite his recent retirement) also played for us. And according to The Age, Carlton's new no. 10 pick Lochie O'Brien is the grandson of Denis O'Brien, who played one game for Collingwood in 1971!

I'm already getting trolled by my Dogs supporting friend. She's sent me a link to young Richards being welcomed to the Dogs by Grant. Please. Spare me. Two years, and he'll want to come to his spititual home.

(I hope)
God knows why they’d troll you given they’ll only have him for 2 years. Black and White runs in his veins, they’d have been better off taking Murphy.

God knows why they’d troll you given they’ll only have him for 2 years. Black and White runs in his veins, they’d have been better off taking Murphy.
So you think we will get him the way Anthony Rocca was always going to play for us?

Jake Kelly was a huge mistake. We were stupid to pass him up.
James Stewart too. Especially considering our non existent KPP depth.

We could of nominated Stewart and committed to take him with our last pick in the draft (similar to what Bulldogs did with Lachie Hunter). And it was up to other clubs to nominate a specific round to bid on him. This was all done before the draft not like it is now live during the draft. Unless you are a gun junior like Darcy Moore, it’s too risky to specially nominate that you would take James Stewart as your 2nd round pick before the draft without knowing which players will be available at that pick when the actual draft takes place. Therefore if we committed to him with our last pick I doubt GWS would of made the bid before the draft.

Maybe Collingwood has learned from their mistakes which is why we committed to Josh Daicos and Tyler Brown with our last picks in the last two consecutive drafts.

(I hope)

Damn straight he will!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back