Social Science Ed Sheeran

Remove this Banner Ad

You just know the type of Australian that goes to Pink concerts -- 40-something Em Rusciano lookalike, hiring out a pink stretch hummer with her gal pals and sipping disgusting cheap wine, then spending the whole concert cackling and taking selfies, going home with a shoe missing to their eunuch of a husband and depressed kindergarten-age children.
At the same time, I was in JB hifi yesterday and saw an older Asian woman looking through her various concert DVDs.

So maybe it's just us heartless men who don't see the appeal?

You just know the type of Australian that goes to Pink concerts -- 40-something Em Rusciano lookalike, hiring out a pink stretch hummer with her gal pals and sipping disgusting cheap wine, then spending the whole concert cackling and taking selfies, going home with a shoe missing to their eunuch of a husband and depressed kindergarten-age children.
Leather pants, or denim jeans tucked into thigh high boots but of course not the Taylor Swift sexy sort. Not that they’d agree. Flask of bourbon from the Richmond Liquorland. If there were male strippers on King Street that’s where the night would end.

******* brilliant, so accurate.

As an aside to this, I was in the city once on the night of a Pink concert. Must've been about 6 or 7 years ago and pretty sure it was a Friday evening as I was heading home from after work drinks and the station was crawling with people who match this description to the point that it was unnerving, like every single trashy 40-something woman in Perth was responding to a bat signal. Eerie.

Whenever the most recent tour was I had one facebook friend (an old colleague) check-in to the concert with her friends. Mid 40s, pretty sure has a kid called Jesikah or something equally horrific. Can't confirm or deny if a pink Hummer was involved, that could've been the Madonna or Roxette concerts...

Who are you guys trying to impress ?

No one, just being honest. I listen to a German based heavy metal station. Not really their demographic lol

There's no doubt I probably have heard his songs but I wouldn't recognise it as a Ed Sheeran song.

Apparently this ginger dickhead will be doing the song for the upcoming new Bond film - yeah good choice. A lot of manly guys that love Bond listen to Ed Sheeran.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently this ginger dickhead will be doing the song for the upcoming new Bond film - yeah good choice. A lot of manly guys that love Bond listen to Ed Sheeran.

I really loved this blokey bloke Bond song, back in the early 80's....I had such a girly crush on Sheena Easton, tweren't funny.

Didn’t Adele do one? And Madonna?

I think the POV is that it is ok for girls to do songs but if a male does they have to be masculine...

An interesting take but completely undone by the likes of Duran Duran and A-Ha penning two of the best. Tom Jones is neither here no there. Only Chris Cornell comes close to being a tough guy male Bond singer, but I don't know em all off hand.

Actually Adele seems a rather knockabout character.

Ed is getting pinged for beach of copyright.

******* lol. His songs are so bland though. Surely you can mount a case that a popular Ed Sheeran song sounds like 100 other previously released tracks.

Yeah....There's nothing worse than running aground....Seems he's hit a sand-bar.

Shape of You has almost 5 billion views on YouTube.
:oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back