• No

Votes: 44 18.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 8 3.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely.

It's a noble and important cause.

The primary goal of the Collingwood football club is winning premierships, not helping the homeless, or any other disadvantaged group in society.

What does she bring to the board in that regard?
No, the primary goal of Collingwood SUPPORTERS is winning premierships - who knows what the primary goal of the Collingwood football club is these days.

Eddie has run out of options.

He's already done a review of the club as a whole and football department and "implemented" recommendations. We've gone through multiple board members, multiple head of football (Balme, Allan, Walsh) changed fitness coaches and medical staff (for the worst). And even sacked a successful CEO in Gary Pert for Mark Andersen.

The only moves that he has not played is sacked the head coach or resign as president.

He is completely complacent and delusional.

Eddie has run out of options. He's already done a review of the club as a whole and football department and "implemented" recommendations. We've gone through multiple board members, multiple head of football (Balme, Allan, Walsh) changed fitness coaches and medical staff (for the worst). And even sacked a successful CEO in Gary Pert for Mark Andersen. The only moves that he has not played is sacked the head coach or resign as president.
He is completely complacent and delusional.
- How many Board members have we "gone through"?
- In what way was Gary Pert a successful CEO?

Record membership, premiership, grand finals, night premierships, everything you could hope for in a 10-year plan has been achieved by Gary Pert in his time. If look at the Financial Reports on the website. During the last 8 years of pert’s tenure, cumulative profits of more than $20m. Net assets were $8.7m in 2010. In 2017, when Pert left this had grown to $32.5m.

As for board members, looking back 10 years, half the board has changed.
Leeds, Camplin, Kennedy, McMullin left and Murphy, Holgate, Sizer, Licuria has been added.

Last edited:
Absolutely.

It's a noble and important cause.

The primary goal of the Collingwood football club is winning premierships, not helping the homeless, or any other disadvantaged group in society.

This is Collingwood's problem in a nutshell. Since the 2000s.

Geelong building stadiums and obtaining flags, Richmond and Hawthorn dynasties.

Collingwood goes woke

This is Collingwood's problem in a nutshell. Since the 2000s.

Geelong building stadiums and obtaining flags, Richmond and Hawthorn dynasties.

Collingwood goes woke

And now there is a cap on spending if you aren’t a well run club with good governance and the right people in key spots it shows up like never before.

Can’t just spend spend spend anymore and throw money at problems.

And now there is a cap on spending if you aren’t a well run club with good governance and the right people in key spots it shows up like never before.

Can’t just spend spend spend anymore and throw money at problems.
The one good thing about that, is that Carlton will hopefully remain in the bottom half of the 8 for a considerable period of time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie doesn’t mind a succession plan, why doesn’t he get the club to run a search and he can do a handover?
You’d have to ask Ed. Perhaps there is something in the pipeline. Ed knows a lot of top end of the town people and those connections are invaluable but someone with more of a footy club brain acumen would be ideal. Maybe Maxy is heading down that path, maybe someone else.
No good getting rid of Ed and reincarnating Ranald Macdonald though.

Kennedy, Leeds, Camplin

Took us from a financial basket case (Pubs fiasco) and brought us back to financial responsibility.

Presided over the expansion into women’s sports

You’d have to ask Ed. Perhaps there is something in the pipeline. Ed knows a lot of top end of the town people and those connections are invaluable but someone with more of a footy club brain acumen would be ideal.

Not necessarily.

How much of a footy club acumen do you think Peggy O’Neil had? Or Jeff Kennett?

The advantage of an industry outsider is that they stay the heck out of operational decisions.

Instead of whining about eddie, come up with a name of someone for the next board vacancy.

I have heard that someone wanted to nominate for a position but was persuaded by Eddie not to. Email them and tell them if they want to nominate for the next spot.

Put together an online petition nominating that person for the position.

Get someone who is independent of Eddie to sit on the board.

Kennedy, Leeds, Camplin

Took us from a financial basket case (Pubs fiasco) and brought us back to financial responsibility.

Presided over the expansion into women’s sports
How was the expansion into women's sports a success?
Neither team pays its way and neither have been particularly successful on field.

Pert also introduced some cultural issues.

I think Anderson is a safer pair of hands as a professional sports administrator but independent of the AFL culture in many ways. He was a sound appointment.

Pert also introduced some cultural issues.
Like what? What did he introduce. Be specific.

The club has had many cultural problems - racism, drugs, poor behaviour off the field.

All are a result of poor decisions made by the individuals who made them. Pert should not get the blame for any of them. Also Pert can’t really stamp out the issue with an iron fist when, you have a president that is part of the problem and he is too loyal to the players in question that stuff up.

I bet Mark Andersen would of loved to suspend Sidebottom for his drunken bender, but it’s a bit difficult when the president publically states he is proud of him.

Like what? What did he introduce. Be specific.

The club has had many cultural problems - racism, drugs, poor behaviour off the field.

All are a result of poor decisions made by the individuals who made them. Pert should not get the blame for any of them. Also Pert can’t really stamp out the issue with an iron fist when, you have a president that is part of the problem and he is too loyal to the players in question that stuff up.

I bet Mark Andersen would of loved to suspend Sidebottom for his drunken bender, but it’s a bit difficult when the president publically states he is proud of him.

Think Simon Lethlean and Richard Simkiss at the AFL.

I don't dispute your contention about Ed defending Steele's actions. Both were disappointing.

In that context, I thought Steele's inability to make it back this season post the birth of his child was disappointing. I'd have done everything I could to make myself available for the second final. I don't know if there were birth complications or he has a partner who has difficulties coping, but from afar I thought Steele put the cue in the rack pretty quickly this season, despite holding a leadership position in the team. Still, Steele's been pretty good across the course of his career.

Back