• Yes

Votes: 186 78.2%
  • No

Votes: 44 18.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 8 3.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If your a member then its every time there’s an election.
You get to vote for the board, and the board elects the pres... whilst the makeup of the board and ‘new candidates’ has been cleverly controlled. So It’s inherently compromised, and dictatorial made up to look like democratic

You get to vote for the board, and the board elects the pres... whilst the makeup of the board and ‘new candidates’ has been cleverly controlled. So It’s inherently compromised, and dictatorial made up to look like democratic

I don’t agree with you, I mean, the guy that did the review in 2017 is now on the board.

Are you telling me that’s not a coincidence?

if members aren’t motivated to organize a ticket to oppose Ed they are either satisfied or apathetic- either way that’s got nothing to do with Ed,

You are naive if you think he can stop a challenge.
Everything to do with Ed mate. Near Total control. You’ve just heard / read multiple members post that they have no idea how or when they could’ve influenced a decision to make / keep him as president.........

no fed flags for you?

I don’t agree with you, I mean, the guy that did the review in 2017 is now on the board.

Are you telling me that’s not a coincidence?
Genius move really. Conclusion of review = you need me on your board!

The facts are the facts - Eddie like every President can be challenged and voted out.
Your misconceptions don’t change the facts.
No misconception here. Fully aware that the rules say it can happen. I'm just not in fairy land thinking it'll happen until Ed decides it will. If I'm proven wrong on that, then so be it. But I'm not going to lose sleep waiting.

That didn’t stop Ed becoming President.
It just proves if members want change then it’s entirely in their hands - but they need strong and capable candidates as alternatives to the incumbents.

That didn’t stop Ed becoming President.
It just proves if members want change then it’s entirely in their hands - but they need strong and capable candidates as alternatives to the incumbents.

This is very true.

Kelly has been placated not to run.

Murphy was seen as a good option but has since been shuffled onto the board.

Ideally they run a search and come up with a succession plan. Sound familiar?

Everything to do with Ed mate. Near Total control. You’ve just heard / read multiple members post that they have no idea how or when they could’ve influenced a decision to make / keep him as president.........

no fed flags for you?

None at all.
The misconception of people about how the club operates is not my concern.
If people aren’t motivated to find out that’s entirely their prerogative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve just written 4-5 post explaining how Eddie can be replaced and this is the best you can come up with?
You’re obviously a very deep thinker.
Almost as deep as you parroting the same nonsense despite it being discredited by numerous people. Get down from your high horse champ

Almost as deep as you parroting the same nonsense despite it being discredited by numerous people. Get down from your high horse champ

Happy for you to point out where I am factually incorrect - if you interpret sniping as discrediting my position then that’s a poor reflection on your comprehension.

Happy for you to point out where I am factually incorrect - if you interpret sniping as discrediting my position then that’s a poor reflection on your comprehension.
You loudly state that it's easy to remove Ed, "just vote / put forth a ticket". Yet when numerous members come forth and say they've never had such an opportunity to vote, it's either crickets from you or just repeating the same point. So for all the s**t you gleefully give people about their comprehension yours must be pretty dogshit to not be able to read the repeat questions put forth to you - if it's so easy to vote for a president, why have no members on this board been able to recall any chance to do so in the two decades Ed has run the joint?

My own *ing grandfather was president of the club for 6.5 years and he had no idea how Ed had made himself so secure and untouchable before he died. But yeah, you're right, it's us who have no clue how the club is run and some singular rando forum poster is actually the well of all knowledge regarding how Collingwood is run

You loudly state that it's easy to remove Ed, "just vote / put forth a ticket". Yet when numerous members come forth and say they've never had such an opportunity to vote, it's either crickets from you or just repeating the same point. So for all the sh*t you gleefully give people about their comprehension yours must be pretty dogshit to not be able to read the repeat questions put forth to you - if it's so easy to vote for a president, why have no members on this board been able to recall any chance to do so in the two decades Ed has run the joint?

My own f*n grandfather was president of the club for 6.5 years and he had no idea how Ed had made himself so secure and untouchable before he died. But yeah, you're right, it's us who have no clue how the club is run and some singular rando forum poster is actually the well of all knowledge regarding how Collingwood is run

From the "Corporations Law Memorandum and Articles of Association of Collingwood Football Club Limited".

1603064809734.png

1603064776629.png

1603064603969.png

It is the membership who determine who is on the Board.

Rubbish - how do you think Eddie got the gig?
Only difference was that it was an amicable transition.
We have enough powerful supporters who would happily tap Ed on the shoulder if they had major concerns with how the club was performing.
As far as I can remember, no one has ever run against him.

It would be interesting to see how the vote would go if someone did.

have on good authority / reliable club source - Melb businessman nominated for the Board few years ago

Ed contacted him immed he saw the nomination, asked to catch up - spent 2 hrs talking the guy out of nominating

Ed goes: "Board has a plan", "need stability", "much has been achieved" etc etc

have on good authority / reliable club source - Melb businessman nominated for the Board few years ago

Ed contacted him immed he saw the nomination, asked to catch up - spent 2 hrs talking the guy out of nominating

Ed goes: "Board has a plan", "need stability", "much has been achieved" etc etc

He needs to get some wins banked up, all those points he scored in the early years have been used up.

He can start by helping deliver Jeremy Cameron - he’s yet to land a big fish in 22 years. Ed that is, not Cameron. We know Jez likes a fish.

Interesting and relevant discussion below from Nicks after the 2010 flag, discussing the power of Coteries and their strong influence on the club.
Clearly there are many levers available for dissatisfied member groups to oust a President and/or influence change.

Back