Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Unbelievable...

In the recording, McGuire appears to quip about drowning Wilson, a Fairfax Media journalist.

"In fact I reckon we should start the campaign for a one-person slide next year. Caroline Wilson. And I'll put in ten grand straight away, make it twenty. And if she stays under, fifty. What do you reckon guys?" McGuire says at one point.

Laughter is heard throughout the recording suggesting that those involved considered the comments funny.

Unbelievable...

In the recording, McGuire appears to quip about drowning Wilson, a Fairfax Media journalist.

"In fact I reckon we should start the campaign for a one-person slide next year. Caroline Wilson. And I'll put in ten grand straight away, make it twenty. And if she stays under, fifty. What do you reckon guys?" McGuire says at one point.

Laughter is heard throughout the recording suggesting that those involved considered the comments funny.
How many howlers can this chump survive?

How many howlers can this chump survive?

Plenty with the media boys club there to shield him from any real criticism.

"Ho ho ho! That Ed! What a joker!"

There is an article about Justin in today Courier.online. It is on the subscription part. so it won't open for me.
It appears he is now bringing awareness to the issue of head injuries in sport.
Good on him for doing this.
I often think about him and wonder how he is doing.
Such a sad story. life is so random.
The article talks about how he is still suffering side effects,how his studies are being impacted by his inability to learn like he used to and how he still gets tired following any sort of physical or mental exertion.

The good news is that the docs tell him he'll be fully recovered in a year or two and that he's taken up golf and rowing. He actually talks about rowing being an
interesting proposition for him. He's roughly the same height as Drew Ginn so he's got the dimensions to be successful in that sport (not sure about the aerobic capacity - those guys are freaks).

It isn't just Eddie. From the transcript, Brayshaw and Frawley are just as bad.
When you read the entirety of it all it is just down right disgusting. But nothing will happen to the 'Boys Club' and as stated it has gone unnoticed as most of the journos like to be matie matie with them all. Well apart from one obviously.

Unbelievable...

Imagine if Sam Newman said the same thing

Unbelievable...

Now the afl have a women's comp they need to take a stand on a base level code of conduct for all afl associated players refs and club officials.

The afl must call out Mcguire publically (these comments were made in public), demand a public apology from mcg that includes acknowledgement of the both sexist and bullying nature of what he said and/or fine and suspend him from afl games for a period of time.

If it is appropriate to suspend fans for abusive comments, its is approprite to suspend any club official that makes similar similar remarks publicly. Even If their name is eddie **** mcguire.

So AFL, are u serious about incorporating women or is mcg just to powerful for u to handle?

Unbelievable...

And he has been praised as a leader of woman in AFL this week.

Absolute joke

Teflon Eddie. Must have dirt on every captain of industry in the country to be able to maintain his current standing. Reprehensible campaigner.

Good on Robbo for calling him out. Doubt we will hear much from Ed's puppets in the News Ltd ranks... Clark, Ralph, Landsberger et al. Get around him boys!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now the afl have a women's comp they need to take a stand on a base level code of conduct for all afl associated players refs and club officials.

The afl must call out Mcguire publically (these comments were made in public), demand a public apology from mcg that includes acknowledgement of the both sexist and bullying nature of what he said and/or fine and suspend him from afl games for a period of time.

If it is appropriate to suspend fans for abusive comments, its is approprite to suspend any club official that makes similar similar remarks publicly. Even If their name is eddie **** mcguire.

So AFL, are u serious about incorporating women or is mcg just to powerful for u to handle?
I so wish this was / came true.

Just listened to it properly.

How can one man say he will pay money for someone to drown in an ice bath, someone else say I will jump in and hold her under and no one be fined or suspended about it.

It actually makes me sick listening to it.

The article talks about how he is still suffering side effects,how his studies are being impacted by his inability to learn like he used to and how he still gets tired following any sort of physical or mental exertion.

The good news is that the docs tell him he'll be fully recovered in a year or two and that he's taken up golf and rowing. He actually talks about rowing being an
interesting proposition for him. He's roughly the same height as Drew Ginn so he's got the dimensions to be successful in that sport (not sure about the aerobic capacity - those guys are freaks).
That is great news.re the physical side.
The mental side is still a concern.
Hope that improves

Thank you for that POBT.

No one loves the term "political correctness" more than boorish simpletons who use it as a shield for revolting behaviour.

Nothing outs an out-of-touch pratt more that throwing out the acronyms "PC" or "SJW". Fortunately these types are outing themselves increasingly as being relics from the infancy of our species.

If condemning a pack of high profile media commentators using their platform to make "jokes" about their fantasy of drowning a woman during a time when society is finally getting a very small bit of traction in the fight against violence against women makes me "politically correct" then I will wear the title with pride.

Not going to get into a protracted derailment on this SM so have the last say if you must, I've said my bit. Most people can see these comments for what they are.

What? Having a crappy joke on Wilson drowning is a bad look and not remotely funny at all but I'd hardly call it misogynist :huh:
Wasn't a joke about her drowning. It was a joke about someone wanting to drown her. Pretty important difference.

Further, in a male dominated industry, there is going to be a fine line when you "joke" about being violent towards or humiliating a woman. Perhaps her sex had nothing to do with it but when you are a bunch of blokes are talking about drowning a woman, it looks really suspect.

Yeah what the hell? Really poor form from McGuire and Co. Embarrassing if the AFL fail to do anything about it considering their willingness to get involved in the fight against domestic violence. Should at least be acknowledged that it was a stupid and terrible thing to say.

Yeah what the hell? Really poor form from McGuire and Co. Embarrassing if the AFL fail to do anything about it considering their willingness to get involved in the fight against domestic violence. Should at least be acknowledged that it was a stupid and terrible thing to say.

During White Ribbon round no less.

Unbelievable...

Disappointing...Mcguire and Co need to go..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back