Player Watch Eddie Betts 300th game

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie was also an incredible influence on Charlie Cameron when he came to Adelaide. Let him live with his family, was a great support to Charlie and his partner when they were home sick and Charlie's Dad was sick, he encouraged Charlie to do mentoring at a school down there with at-risk kids (both indigenous and indigenous) and undoubtedly helped him on the field as well, become the player he is today.

And then I heard during the week (from a Dayne Zorko interview) that Charlie is now a mentor to a number of indigenous Lions players in the academy.

Eddie is an excellent role model and a great person.

Ever since that goal against collingwood at the g in about 05 has been one of the most consistently freakish small forwards ever.

I love Eddie.

I just think it is a shame that Cyril has gotten so much hate on these boards.

Maybe, just maybe, Cyril would get less hate if you didn't post about him in threads that have nothing to do with him at all.

Well done Eddie, great effort. I still remember Derm saying that Adelaide overpaid ($4-500k a year thereabouts) getting him in. Good call. 3 AA seasons in a row and plenty of highlights.

Maybe, just maybe, Cyril would get less hate if you didn't post about him in threads that have nothing to do with him at all.

Well done Eddie, great effort. I still remember Derm saying that Adelaide overpaid ($4-500k a year thereabouts) getting him in. Good call. 3 AA seasons in a row and plenty of highlights.

haha it is my fault.

maybe... just cry baby.

nobody wanted Eddie when he left Carlton. A few were right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dare I say it...Eddie might just be the best AND fairest in the history of the game.
Have never seen him do anything illegally onfield. Never chucks a tantrum at umpires when decisions go against him. Fans and players of any club adores him nearly equally. Gives a magical moment (or two) nearly on a weekly basis. The kind of bloke you would be proud to call a mate, and the sort of character you wouldn’t mind dating your daughter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back