NO TROLLS EDDIE BETTS, JOSH JENKINS & the Crow's Camp. A knife, a harness and the ‘power stance’: Eddie Betts reveals ‘cult-like’ training camp

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney

RichLeMonde

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2019
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Celtics
Sloane still under-playing it on radio today.

I mean it's fine to say that, for him, he didn't find it negative and it strengthened his mindset. But he was there listening to (and presumably participating in, to whatever extent) what was being said to Betts and Jenkins. So his response is pathetic. Clearly he's been asked by the club to do a bit of damage control as captain.

Ricketz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2011
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
Liam Jones???.. and his anti-vaxxer stand?

Bahahahahaha..

Reciting conspiracy theory nonsense couldnt be any further from “speaking the truth”..

Its a complete and utter insult to the crows players that went through the experience they did at the camp to even try to put liam’s name up there next to them.
I also can't stand anti-vaxxers, but that doesn't mean they should be treated like s**t for any reason.

hoianbulldog

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2006
Hoi An, Vietnam. I am off the grid.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm curious about the 'business decision' made by The Age to apologise and not defend their journos on this one.

Another weird, unexplained piece of this story.
I don't think they had any players willing to put their name to the allegations if it went legal. Shows how much they were manipulated.

CrowFan77

Senior List
Jun 27, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Compensation, apology and systemic change within the AFL and all clubs to remove predatory competitiveness. We have to protect these young kids, they will sell their spleen to get a game.

Outside of that, Safe Work SA needs to be disbanded and the entire workplace relations system needs to be overhauled. The counselors and coaching staff will need to be decertified and CM should be banned from operating.
The camp was in Queensland - safework SA has nothing to do with it.

Reading about it, seems like the councilors were part of that Landmark forum bullshit. I wouldn't be surprised if the like of Mark "just get over it" Ricciuto were part of that nonsense.

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
This year Collingwood is flying. They have the belief, the confidence to back themselves and their team mates, to win the tight games. They have faith in each other, in their coach, there club. McCrae is creating a culture of love and support. A family and is reaping the rewards.

At the beginning of the 2017 season, after a preseason heavily focused on culture, support and belief, Richmond asked each player to stand up and share one hero, one hardship and one history...
And I'd say not only look at that, but how did Richmond deal with 2018? Or Geelong 2008? Port 01-03? Hawthorn 2012? Was the answer to a bitterly disappointing grand final/prelim final result to childishly crack the shits with the players and put them through something like this? All clubs would have broken themselves like Adelaide when capable of winning at least 1,2 or 3 flags in following years.

The dummy spit from the admin was pathetic and utterly staggering.

Ricketz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2011
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
But he wasn't? There was a health and safety requirement for players, he didn't want to participate in that requirement so they went their separate ways.
oh, wait - let me get my reading glasses on.

Got it - thought the OP had meant Jones was getting the treatment for speaking out about the camp too - tricky OP.

No, I am fully with you on that one.

And shame on the OP for even trying to link the two issues.

Tyberious Funk

Premiership Player
May 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Looking at Collective Minds website look at how many clients they still have. Why are St Kilda still using these guys at all? Surely they should have dropped them years ago.

Not only that, but they are still listing the Adelaide Crows as one of their 'success stories'.

Even if you are happy to accept that they didn't do anything 'wrong' per se, the fact that one of their camps caused so much damage to the fabric of the club, the psyches of a number of players, and deeply tarnished the brand of the AFC, AFL and AFLPA... not exactly something to sing your own praise over.

Tone deaf.

Woz

Draftee
Oct 12, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Not only that, but they are still listing the Adelaide Crows as one of their 'success stories'.

Even if you are happy to accept that they didn't do anything 'wrong' per se, the fact that one of their camps caused so much damage to the fabric of the club, the psyches of a number of players, and deeply tarnished the brand of the AFC, AFL and AFLPA... not exactly something to sing your own praise over.

Tone deaf.
Might have been exactly what they intended to do.

In which case - success.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Compensation, apology and systemic change within the AFL and all clubs to remove predatory competitiveness. We have to protect these young kids, they will sell their spleen to get a game.

Outside of that, Safe Work SA needs to be disbanded and the entire workplace relations system needs to be overhauled. The counselors and coaching staff will need to be decertified and CM should be banned from operating.
Good idea, compensation fixes everything. I've always thought to myself, why didn't anyone at the camp stand up and say enough is enough? Where's the leadership in that? All good and well to come out now and say this and that, but at the time did anyone stand up for themselves? Their mates?

Hard for me to say, I wasn't there, but whenever I have been through a s**t time, I just move on, heal, never think or mention it again.

An apology has already been given, has it not? I don't know, I'm pretty out of loop, I have no business in getting involved with it, probably shouldn't even respond or read this anymore.

PFunk

Debutant
Jun 24, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
oh, wait - let me get my reading glasses on.

Got it - thought the OP had meant Jones was getting the treatment for speaking out about the camp too - tricky OP.

No, I am fully with you on that one.

And shame on the OP for even trying to link the two issues.
My bad - I didn't realise there was a Liam Jones playing for Adelaide

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide

Tone deaf.
It shows what charlatans they are.

They are claiming that our success that season was down to their “mindset training”, despite no concrete evidence linking the two, meanwhile there’s no mention of the very real evidence that their program destroyed our club and its chance of a premiership.

Dangerousfield

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sloane still under-playing it on radio today.

I mean it's fine to say that, for him, he didn't find it negative and it strengthened his mindset. But he was there listening to (and presumably participating in, to whatever extent) what was being said to Betts and Jenkins. So his response is pathetic. Clearly he's been asked by the club to do a bit of damage control as captain.
Sloane needs to eff off as well as Roo. IMO he can't be allowed to remain in leadership, we need a clean break from the past and Sloane's downplaying is not on. Just admit the error, apologise, offer support, wipe the club clean and move forward without the baggage of the last five years!

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Sloane needs to eff off as well as Roo. IMO he can't be allowed to remain in leadership, we need a clean break from the past and Sloane's downplaying is not on. Just admit the error, apologise, offer support, wipe the club clean and move forward without the baggage of the last five years!
How many players from the time of the camp remain on the list?

How many players from the time of the camp remain on the list?
14. Crouch, Sloane, Seedsman, Walker, Brown, Laird, Milera, Smith, Himmelberg, McPherson, Doedee, Davis, Murphy and O'Brien.

Crouch and Davis in the very least will be traded/delisted at the end of the year. Possibly Himmelberg too and Seed may retire.

The Rocks

Senior List
Nov 17, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
14. Crouch, Sloane, Seedsman, Walker, Brown, Laird, Milera, Smith, Himmelberg, McPherson, Doedee, Davis, Murphy and O'Brien.

Crouch and Davis in the very least will be traded/delisted at the end of the year. Possibly Himmelberg too and Seed may retire.
Was it last year? The last two years anyway Seedsman was the best player at the club. Very sad finish for him.

On SM-A528B using BigFooty.com mobile app

whenever I have been through a s**t time, I just move on, heal, never think or mention it again.
This is not likely to be the experience of most people.

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good idea, compensation fixes everything. I've always thought to myself, why didn't anyone at the camp stand up and say enough is enough? Where's the leadership in that? All good and well to come out now and say this and that, but at the time did anyone stand up for themselves? Their mates?

Hard for me to say, I wasn't there, but whenever I have been through a s**t time, I just move on, heal, never think or mention it again.

An apology has already been given, has it not? I don't know, I'm pretty out of loop, I have no business in getting involved with it, probably shouldn't even respond or read this anymore.
Absolutely appalling you as an Essendon supporter have that type of response. Yikes

Back