News Eddie Betts outta here - every day I get in the queue to get on the bus that takes me to you (too much, Magic Bus)

Remove this Banner Ad

If our club is in 'turmoil' then what word would you use to describe your club over the last 5+ years?
Their greatest achievement this year is giving us pick 3 instead of pick 1. They have been so spoiled for top draft picks over the years, they actually think Adelaide fans should be disappointed with pick 3, even though it's the second best pick in our clubs history. Not only are they covered in loser stench but they reek of entitlement as well.

I bought Eddie's book today at the show and had it signed.

I just told him that whatever he decides to do next year we'll all still love him and he'll always be one of our favourite sons.

He smiled at me said thanks and he asked to shake my hand.

What an absolute legend he's been for this club.

What an absolute legend he's been for this club.

I couldn't agree more.

I was at the Woodville Oval last year watching the Eagles thump the Crows, and Eddie was walking around the ground, talking to people, shaking hands, generally being a really nice guy.

It's sad that his time is up, but it happens to everyone in the end.

The Crows need to do everything they can to keep him invested in the club in an off-field role.

If our club is in 'turmoil' then what word would you use to describe your club over the last 5+ years?
Come on now. Lets not get too upset about him saying we are a club in turmoil after all with the experience he has had to endure for the past 5 years he would be able to spot a club in turmoil. Give him some credit. He comes from a s**t club so he would know.

Come on now. Lets not get too upset about him saying we are a club in turmoil after all with the experience he has had to endure for the past 5 years he would be able to spot a club in turmoil. Give him some credit. He comes from a s**t club so he would know.
Last 2 years I would have thought. Prior to then Eddie was lovin' Adelaide. Doubt he becomes a 3-time AA if he had stayed at Carlton.

Saw Eddie and Wayne Millera Jnr training together this morning at a local oval. Eddie looked fit as.

Eddie is still best 22. And what a guy to have as a mentor.
Eddie moving fwd is not in our best 22
Mentor ?
Person who understands the landscape of SA
Long term
Indigenous person - Legend

Contributing including AFWL

His name is Andrew McLeod
Thus far no one will soon take over that role

Last edited:
Don't really care about getting a pick for Eddie but will be pissed off if pay any of his salary. Fair enough with Jenkins with two years to run but Eddie had another club who would pay his whole salary (the Suns) and if Carlton don't want him enough to give a decent pick for salary dump, pay full whack or can't find third-party sponsor to do the usual and get him the money over course of the few years, he has to take the pay cut. If we hold that line he'll do that eventually or retire. Love the guy, hope build a mural in the pocket for him, but giving him 200k on way out and in effect adding this Carlton salary cap for nothing would be sickening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think either Carlton pay us in picks or take on the salary or whatever, otherwise we might as well pay him to run around in the SANFL.

If he is desperate to go he'll take a pay cut to do it.

I agree, this whole Carlton pay nothing bit we pay salary is bulls**t.

They either want him or not.

* Eddie Betts, he’s a departing footballer. Seriously, who gives a s**t. All this rubbish about being Aboriginal and being a mentor, well nobody gave a s**t when Macca retired and longed for his mentorship. And the arrogance that I’d give a s**t about anything his kid has to say on radio tells you everything you need to know about Eddie believing he’s bigger than the club. No different to Fagan and his 3 year old’s zen comments. Our culture is pure s**t.

fu** Eddie Betts, he’s a departing footballer. Seriously, who gives a s**t. All this rubbish about being Aboriginal and being a mentor, well nobody gave a s**t when Macca retired and longed for his mentorship. And the arrogance that I’d give a s**t about anything his kid has to say on radio tells you everything you need to know about Eddie believing he’s bigger than the club. No different to Fagan and his 3 year old’s zen comments. Our culture is pure s**t.
Charming...

It’s not like he’s put s**t on the club or been a divisive figure. Show a little f***ing respect for someone who has given this club and it’s supporters great joy over the time he’s been here.

Your commentary is disgraceful

I’m really confused by Eddie heading back to Carlton. And before poster say easily done I agree . Now Eddie wants to go back to Carlton, given the enjoyment I have had watching him preform the magic with us and once said he loved the FC, Why Carlton when they are said to be chasing Papley,Elliott and any other small forward available, he will sit no better in the picking order than here, something really stinks and we will never get the truth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back