Rumour Eddie Betts retiring at season end ??

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd agree on all the hate relating to CM if we had a 3-6 (W-L) start instead of the 6-3 start that we had. The last 3 weeks was more a reflection of us having too many injuries and the results have finally caught up with our truer form. Our current field is either not good enough, underdone, or both.
Let's not kid ourselves. Four of six those wins have been against Carlton, Gold Coast, Western Bulldogs, and St Kilda - 4 of the 5 bottom teams on the ladder. Fremantle, the 6th worst team in the competition, beat us last weekend.

Sydney & Richmond are our only wins of real merit. The Richmond win was achieved before the injury curse hit in full force. The players were hyper-motivated for the Sydney game, being desperate to prove that we could win without the injured stars. That level of performance was never going to be sustainable, and we haven't gone close to replicating it since.

We probably would have been 3-6, if we didn't have such a soft run against the bottom of the ladder teams early in the season.

The CM program must have been pretty bad if the trauma of it is worse that the trauma they should have over their insipid performance on GF day.
Bringing up dead relatives probably isnt the best way to recover from a loss like that either.

So is this program still going or have we canned it?
I wonder if we can convince one of the radio shows to try and get Fagan on to explain all this?

their silence is pretty deafening, want Fagan, not Chapman he'll just hide behind some big words that will confuse our highly capable radio hosts.

I wonder if we can convince one of the radio shows to try and get Fagan on to explain all this?

their silence is pretty deafening, want Fagan, not Chapman he'll just hide behind some big words that will confuse our highly capable radio hosts.
Chappy did just that this morning

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right, we have a contract. So we will push forward regardless then aka Jenkins, Mackay style.
Again, a number of players got a fair bit out of it so it's a bit difficult to get rid of it.

Let's not kid ourselves. Four of six those wins have been against Carlton, Gold Coast, Western Bulldogs, and St Kilda - 4 of the 5 bottom teams on the ladder. Fremantle, the 6th worst team in the competition, beat us last weekend.

Sydney & Richmond are our only wins of real merit. The Richmond win was achieved before the injury curse hit in full force. The players were hyper-motivated for the Sydney game, being desperate to prove that we could win without the injured stars. That level of performance was never going to be sustainable, and we haven't gone close to replicating it since.

We probably would have been 3-6, if we didn't have such a soft run against the bottom of the ladder teams early in the season.
Well we lost 2 games by under a goal so realistically we were 2 kicks away from also being 8-4 and tied for top 4 even with the bad form and injury plague.

Its the sad reality that we live in!

Again, a number of players got a fair bit out of it so it's a bit difficult to get rid of it.

Let me guess the ones that did were Mackay, Jenkins, Douglas and the ones that didn't were McGovern, Crouch brothers, Betts.

Well done AFC

Let me guess the ones that did were Mackay, Jenkins, Douglas and the ones that didn't were McGovern, Crouch brothers, Betts.

Well done AFC
Seedsman and Sloane have come out and said they did, and the talk is quite a few more did.

The camp was a failure though, that's not in question

When I first got into management a "mentor" told me you should manage everyone exactly the same regardless of cultural background. The worst advice I have ever had.
I would totally agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back