Rumour Eddie Betts retiring at season end ??

Remove this Banner Ad

MOD NOTE: If a poster gets reported as trolling, and i've asked someone not to post in the thread, and they stop posting in the thread, but then people keep tagging that poster, the people who keep tagging them in will get infractions.

Another interesting thing I heard was that its expected the AFL are going to investigate what happened with CM and our camp.
I would have thought the players association would also be looking at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So after about 4 months of digging by media, articles, countless rumours, countless refuting and "nothing to see here", and finally pressure from media ambassadors - the Chairman finally fronts with ...some aspects could have been handled better ?

Jesus

Be a shame if Eddie’s body calls it a day one season out. He’s got a hell of a lot out of himself since moving back to SA particularly against us. Small forwards have done our heads in over the years and he’s been one of the best for some time.

Apart from one well noted - and dealt with - knob out of a large crowd, Port folks enjoy and like Eddie as a person just as much as we, um, dislike SA media type hype around him.

The alleged issue he had with the pre-season camp conditions really ought to have stayed in house. I don’t believe for a moment that he was the guy who leaked the bits and pieces floating around on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So after about 4 months of digging by media, articles, countless rumours, countless refuting and "nothing to see here", the Chairman finally fronts with ...some aspects could have been handled better ?
For some reason I have a memory of the same comment being trotted out after the article by Caroline Wilson about 3 months back. I don't have a link

Not here to troll. Eddie is one of my favourite non Swans players, and I reckon he's pretty much loved by all AFL fans (except DHs who throw bananas)...I hope he plays on next year, and I hope all this s**t with these sports psychologists goes away as well. Sounds bloody stupid, there's too much of it creeping into the game. I don't envy you as Crows supporters at the moment, this is even worse than the Tippett s**t! I hope it all gets sorted out and Eddie keeps playing, he's great for the game!

Not overly happy that Chapman thinks it's worthy to speak on, especially specifically mentioning that issue, but only at a press conference for the airport upgrade.

I think it's worthy of it being its own thing.

It's one thing for us to control the positive mention, not spoon feed the journos like Rucci his articles, but I think sometimes these things do need a response.

And that shouldn't be from Paul Seedsman at a primary school and Rob Chapman in his other job as Chairman of the Adelaide Airport.

I think it's time for Andrew Fagan to make himself available to the media, and with Fagan being from a non-AFL background I also think Burton should be available for questioning more often (and Hass with the injury stuff).

No more hiding behind sponsored announcements on the clubs Youtube channel.

Another interesting thing I heard was that its expected the AFL are going to investigate what happened with CM and our camp.
An AFL investigation.....can we just pay hush money instead?

Not overly happy that Chapman thinks it's worthy to speak on, especially specifically mentioning that issue, but only at a press conference for the airport upgrade.

I think it's worthy of it being its own thing.

It's one thing for us to control the positive mention, not spoon feed the journos like Rucci his articles, but I think sometimes these things do need a response.

And that shouldn't be from Paul Seedsman at a primary school and Rob Chapman in his other job as Chairman of the Adelaide Airport.

I think it's time for Andrew Fagan to make himself available to the media, and with Fagan being from a non-AFL background I also think Burton should be available for questioning more often (and Hass with the injury stuff).

No more hiding behind sponsored announcements on the clubs Youtube channel.

Should Chapman have said "some" players rather than "indigenous" players? "Those whiny aboriginal players".

More importantly Douglas has just signed n for another year.

"Sloane"? "No".
"Seedsman"? "No".
"Lynch"? "No".
"Richie, another year"?

Desperate times.............

Should Chapman have said "some" players rather than "indigenous" players? "Those whiny aboriginal players".

No he should tell it like it is, what I meant was that since that was the problem (and we admit it, and its obviously not something the media is guessing at), I think it's worthy enough of him addressing it through club/AFL channels first, not just because he had to do an appearance at the Airport.

I think he's touched on it previously? Clearly not strong enough to show it's an issue that we've been able to move on from (and hopefully we have done enough to do that behind the scenes).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back