Rumour Eddie Betts retiring at season end ??

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you explain Eddies res

so had Eddie also lied for his employer about not retiring? Makes zero senses

Look Eddie is a wonderful guy I'm not here to be a campaigner but he could still very much walk away at seasons end. He sure as * wouldn't tell 5aa. Where are the senior figures today? Putting Eddie up felt like a cop out to me.

I'm not saying it isn't true, but McClure is posting it as it's still a lingering issue for Betts, with no proof or substance and all we have to go on is what Eddie himself has said, which I would take in higher regard than anything McClure would say.
But is Betts realistically going to come out and say "the club made a serious error and I'm still angry about it"?

How do you explain Eddies res
Eddie's response?

He might prefer not to speak about the issue publicly and is simply being diplomatic? That's not much of a stretch, is it?

It might be a case where he has spoken to the club and they've gone through a process but privately he's still upset about whatever went down, but is not inclined to air that grievance.

Funny now isn't it. I used to talk to my grandmother about the war. My grandfather was away from home at 1 stage for 2 years. When he left they had 2 toddlers, both girls. When he returned he had 3, by then their third daughter was nearly 18 months old.
When my Dad went to war he left in 1914 and didnt get back to Aust until 1919. No I am not totally over the hill as my dad was nudging 60 when I was born. But close to five years with only a few letters to get by with. His wife simply had to put up with it.

I did 8 months sevice in Washington and all my wife and I had were letters Maybe one a month. We simply couldn't afford to call each other and the Navy certainly didnt feel compassionate enough to allow me to call home at their expense.

The big difference here though was that my wife didnt have any kids to raise so I can feel a little for Anna

I haven't attacked McClure anywhere. Attack is emotive and your opinion. I have questioned McClure's decision to go public, particularly in the absence of providing supporting information.
You criticised him. You said what he did was "poor" and agreed with Nixon's attack on his integrity.

The problem is that you initially criticised him for running any story at all. Because it created "added pressure" on Betts after an "emotionally difficult" week.

But now you're criticising him for not going the whole hog and revealing everything.

You can't have it both ways.

FFS people stop quoting this numpty and he might piss off.

I've heard of flogging a dead horse but this numpty takes it to new levels.

0sOGUJ.jpg

As someone who hasn't worked at all with Aboriginals, can you elaborate on how CM would affect them different to non indigenous people?
I would imagine the CM program would be quite confronting for shyish, gentle types. Extroverts would love it.

Look Eddie is a wonderful guy I'm not here to be a campaigner but he could still very much walk away at seasons end. He sure as **** wouldn't tell 5aa. Where are the senior figures today? Putting Eddie up felt like a cop out to me.
It’s his Regular spot . So journos can say what they want and it’s always correct is it !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously folks, McLure is basically saying Eddie is lying. I know whose word I'd take.

“I can’t see myself going anywhere else, I want to finish my career at the Crows. I’ve still got two years on my contract." - Eddie Betts, 13/6/18.

It’s his Regular spot . So journos can say what they want and it’s always correct is it !

I don't understand your statement. Yes ok it's his regular spot but if this shitstorm hit us I know KT would be on the front foot defending the players. I'm just asking if you think that might of been a better approach.

I don't understand your statement. Yes ok it's his regular spot but if this shitstorm hit us I know KT would be on the front foot defending the players. I'm just asking if you think that might of been a better approach.

And KT's very practiced in doing just that!!

You buy a baseball team then you get all this stuff out of left field. Happens all the time.

I think that's just about the funniest thing I've read on BF. Could possibly be that the state of our club is so dire, that I'm going borderline insane, but kudos regardless.

I never knew the player involved, but Betts could well be the one I named in my post about the camp. I can’t even remember what thread it was in.... I feel like the camp has been discussed in every thread on this board now.

FWIW the person who told me said it’s now been dealt with and player is keen to move on and forget about it. Also it was only one element of the camp.

Edit: found it

What i’d heard on this (from same people who told me about the shift in practices around medical and fitness treatments) was that the biggest issue was the sharing of embarrassing and challenging issues they’ve faced in their personal lives.

Most players shared typical embarrassing incidents that occur to most teenagers and young adults. At least one indigenous player shared a very culturally sensitive, and personally upsetting story. Sharing that story left a number of the team calling for the session to end as the player was distraught. The CM people running the session (who have no training whatsoever) had no idea how to deal with this - particularly with the indigenous players who were upset and annoyed about how it was handled (given their distinct lack of any qualifications it’s unsurprising).

This story would align with the articles which stated that it was a number of indgenous players and their families who were most upset by this. The genuine medical staff were also pissed at being completely sidelined and kept out of the process. I stopped reading a lot of the articles so not sure if what I shared above has been spoken about more publicly.

Side note - For what it’s worth KangaTech and Saunders do actually have a decent reputation. He’s got some questions to answer certainly, but he’s actually a trained and experienced professional. I’d be wary of linking him in any way with the decision to hire CM and use their practices.

It’s hard to know. If Eddie was forced to lie then I agree with you but if it’s journo mischief which I think it is then I’d think that he’d want a chance to say something.

I never knew the player involved, but Betts could well be the one I named in my post about the camp. I can’t even remember what thread it was in.... I feel like the camp has been discussed in every thread on this board now.

FWIW the person who told me said it’s now been dealt with and player is keen to move on and forget about it. Also it was only one element of the camp.

Edit: found it

I'd listen to this bloke. That sounds bang on.

Cop that ya prick!!:thumbsu::fire:
Ok, in case it gets deleted (not that I think Nixon would)...

Ricky Nixon 20180613.png
"With Eddie Betts the subject of racial slurs and clearly under stress from other things what does Sam McClure do ? He runs with a story that upsets not only Eddie but his family and friends - I’ll call you out McClure you the ass end of the earth actually you’re lower than that"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back