Rumour Eddie Betts rumour (grain of salt required - it's McClure)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dickheads like Pyke are old dinosaurs who conform to this outdated notion of hardness. They’d honestly think yelling and screaming is going to provoke some sort of positive ‘ah s**t, I need to perform now’ reaction. A good coach understands all humans and can adapt their message accordingly. Why do you think Clarko is such a good coach? In a way even Hardwick and Beveridge were really well liked. They seemed to be on a similar level to players and seemed to know how to tap into a feeling. Pyke and that bonehead from Melbourne would find it an offence if someone on a list said something like ‘footy isn’t my whole life’ or something. If you want the best out of younger people, you should probably be softer on them and try and understand why they aren’t playing well.

FWIW I heard there was something along the lines of phones being confiscated and players being told ‘what would you do if...’ and weird hypotheticals, or someone being told a loved one was in a bad situation but the group was too isolated to make a call or get back to them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dickheads like Pyke are old dinosaurs who conform to this outdated notion of hardness. They’d honestly think yelling and screaming is going to provoke some sort of positive ‘ah s**t, I need to perform now’ reaction.
Yep spot on every game at quarter time he runs down grabs a bloke by the throat and oh wait , thats more like
Why do you think Clarko is such a good coach?

LOL
FWIW I heard there was something along the lines of phones being confiscated and players being told ‘what would you do if...’ and weird hypotheticals, or someone being told a loved one was in a bad situation but the group was too isolated to make a call or get back to them.

Much better

I don't know who is more at blame here - the snake oil salesman peddling this psycho BS or the clubs/organisations employing their services.

Not so sure Essendon is in a position to be bagging other clubs about falling for/employing snake oil salesmen.

The worst rumours of this camp still has nothing on Dank

I am intrigued by the level of incompetence and stupidity that leads managers to want to engage in these emotionally charged, pseudo scientific, fake psych team building activities. (not that I know anything about about the contractors at Adelaide)

You see it from time to time in the workplace too.

You know what office teams really respond well too? A nice environment, an open discussion on priorities / goals, the opportunity to highlight some bottlenecks / barriers, a handful of action points to take back to work.... start at 8am, all the work finished by 1pm, quality cold lunch, 2 hours of go kart racing and an evening with a very nice meal and plenty of beers going late into the night.

Compare that to sitting in the bush, shirtless, tied to a chair, plastic bucket over your head, getting shouted at about the time your 7th birthday was cancelled because your grandad died.

Where would you rather work?

I am intrigued by the level of incompetence and stupidity that leads managers to want to engage in these emotionally charged, pseudo scientific, fake psych team building activities. (not that I know anything about about the contractors at Adelaide)
But when you challenge them or they are challenged they double down because they think they are too clever to be conned.

The stubborness of smarts

That's your spin on it ( your probably everything I described before btw so I must of hit a nerve ) but the reality of it is this generation now coming through are lazy, stupid, weak and will be the downfall of what our Great Grand Fathers fought for.

Biggest load of drivel I've ever read - bet you're one of those people who hates the 'PC BRIGADE WAAAH' because you can't be a racist sexist prick anymore - who's really the weak one?

Don't tell me Nigel's missus/father/mother/sister/brother is employed there too?
The Family Club

21rn2f.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sounds like you are writing about yourself...
the bloke has a point and you are just reinforcing it.
Bullying people to breaking point only shows the coaching staffs lack of ability to understand the issues and communicate what is required.
The idea that power is almighty and you will do what i say when i bark an order to achieve the result you want is utter crap.

Bullying people to breaking point only shows the coaching staffs lack of ability to understand the issues and communicate what is required.
The idea that power is almighty and you will do what i say when i bark an order to achieve the result you want is utter crap.
It’s also been shown to be the least effective way to teach/engage performance.

I was gonna ask: has Mclure ever actually broken any credible stories? I don't follow the AFL media because it's abysmal and McLure seems like a special kind of parasite so I'm not inclined to believe a word out of his mouth. Has he done anything to deserve any respect in terms of breaking stories or is he just your typical spout some crap and hope it comes true AFL germalist?
I think he broke the story that Melbourne met with Lever in Darwin. Was denied but no doubt it happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back