Moved Thread Eddie Betts targeted in racist attack.. Again.

Remove this Banner Ad

racism is pathetic and anyone who does it is simply advertising they are insecure

racism goes well beyond actions and words but also includes the belief that people should be denied access to work based on race, the belief that non-Australians or dual citizens are precluded to represent electorates in politics even if chosen by the people etc etc

#pissweak

This isn't a rumor. There's photographic evidence of the racial abuse, Why was it moved from the main board, where it deserves to be!? To draw less attention to the on going racism Eddie betts has been and continues to be subjected to? This is the wrong category for this thread.

I know I'm missing something, but who/what was Betts supposedly mimicking in the context of the comment, i.e. what do "see" and "do" refer to? See what? Do what?

Was it copying the NBA players with the headphones + suit combo?

Maybe. Just trying to understand if there was any legitimate basis for using a common phrase (however unwisely), or it was just random jibberish calculated to offend.

Maybe. Just trying to understand if there was any legitimate basis for using a common phrase (however unwisely), or it was just random jibberish calculated to offend.

Dunno. Twitter is a disgusting medium of idiots thinking people care about what they say. When I read it I wasn't immediately sure it was intended to be racist as it is a commonly used phrase but only the poster probably knows. That person has already lost his presumption of innocence if it was

Dunno. Twitter is a disgusting medium of idiots thinking people care about what they say. When I read it I wasn't immediately sure it was intended to be racist as it is a commonly used phrase but only the poster probably knows. That person has already lost his presumption of innocence if it was

I’m not familiar with NBA players’ casual attire so didn’t make the connection. The context isn’t obvious and seems to have been disregarded.

So if you are aborigional and call out racism you will be attacked as an ungrateful snowflake.

Or if you are an aborigional and don't call out racism and try to set an example you get attacked again, and again and again.

Sounds about right with modern Australia.

So if you are aborigional and call out racism you will be attacked as an ungrateful snowflake.

If you show any compassion for anyone your called a snowflakenthese days. Welcome to the internet.

For perspective eminem use to come with a parental advisory sticker, and was considered highly controversial. Now he's called a snowflake, SJW, etc lol. The goal posts have moved so far to the right it's not funny.

Or if you are an aborigional and don't call out racism and try to set an example you get attacked again, and again and again.

Sounds about right with modern Australia.

Modern Australia has an undercurrent of racism that is deeply unsettling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seeing as he has been called a monkey before and it wasn't directed at anyone else imitating nba players I think we can safely say it was racism, no doubt the individual responsible thought he was being oh so witty and subtle.

I'd say the AFL has been a leader in combating racism. Probably the leader among Australian sporting bodies.

The AFL has a lot of faults but this isn't one of them.
I would disagree with you on that.
I have been to many sporting contests over many years and and i have never seen more acrimony towards players of colour than at AFL games. Perhaps its got better at AFL games than in the past and obviously living overseas i don't get too many games nowadays only when i come for a holiday, but reading and hearing what i do, i don't think things have improved much, but that's just my opinion.

I have been to many sporting contests over many years and and i have never seen more acrimony towards players of colour than at AFL games. Perhaps its got better at AFL games than in the past and obviously living overseas i don't get too many games nowadays only when i come for a holiday, but reading and hearing what i do, i don't think things have improved much, but that's just my opinion.

I've been to many AFL games and never once heard a racist slur.

My anecdotal evidence>your anecdotal evidence

What a load of crap
They still chant racist s**t in soccer games all over Europe. AFL crowds are some of the most passive in all world sport

Seeing as he has been called a monkey before and it wasn't directed at anyone else imitating nba players I think we can safely say it was racism, no doubt the individual responsible thought he was being oh so witty and subtle.

What you went through every single Twitter message to all 50 odd players that played an checked?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back