Moved Thread Eddie Betts targeted in racist attack.. Again.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Maybe not.but hopefully the guy named Ash John Jones 1989 will.

For all you know that's a fake account aswell with a fake name.

Are we gonna make national headlines everytime someone says something mean on the internet?

Did you see the stuff women were posting to Dusty? It's endless idiots the internet. Why bother making a big deal about it.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Still avoiding the question.

Literally every single Twitter personality or Instagram photo or YouTube video that blows up ends up littered with dumb campaigners saying dumb s**t.

No I'm not gonna explain why every single ******* comment on the internet is bad.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
It won't stop stupid racist comments, but it will at least name and shame the idiots that do do it. In every instance I've seen so far, the idiot in question has ended up deleting their account and tried to change to a new username. All you do is shame them because idiots never learn.

It's going to create people who deliberately make those comments to gain fame and attention... Hell all you have to do to get your name in the paper is make a racist comment on an AFL post !

So many naive people in the AFL world thinking they can police the internet... Good luck !

If we're going to have a news story after every racist comment on the internet then that'll be fun ride.

OwnSupply

Debutant
May 23, 2011
In The Can
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's going to create people who deliberately make those comments to gain fame and attention... Hell all you have to do to get your name in the paper is make a racist comment on an AFL post !

So many naive people in the AFL world thinking they can police the internet... Good luck !

If we're going to have a news story after every racist comment on the internet then that'll be fun ride.

Well, you've convinced me!
Next time I see someone assaulting another person or robbing a bank I won't call the cops. These people are clearly just attention seekers! Why give them what they want?

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
Literally every single Twitter personality or Instagram photo or YouTube video that blows up ends up littered with dumb campaigners saying dumb s**t.

No I'm not gonna explain why every single ******* comment on the internet is bad.
So when your kid starts racially or otherwise abusing another kid, you're going to ignore it because why give them the attention they are seeking. Kids everywhere are mean so why bother trying to call out the bad behaviour of just 1 kid.

I assume when it's your kid that is subject to the abuse, you would would be similarly uncaring.

Great parenting. Raising the next generation of selfish undisciplined campaigners ready to go to white Australia rallies and join in the immigrant bashing.

It's funny, people complain about current generations being mollycoddled and needing a soft touch, yet when those same people see unacceptable behavior they dont want to call it out. I guess racism is just one of those great Aussie traditions that is above reproach to some people.

DevilsAvocado

Team Captain
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
So when your kid starts racially or otherwise abusing another kid, you're going to ignore it because why give them the attention they are seeking. Kids everywhere are mean so why bother trying to call out the bad behaviour of just 1 kid.

I assume when it's your kid that is subject to the abuse, you would would be similarly uncaring.

Great parenting. Raising the next generation of selfish undisciplined campaigners ready to go to white Australia rallies and join in the immigrant bashing.

It's funny, people complain about current generations being mollycoddled and needing a soft touch, yet when those same people see unacceptable behavior they dont want to call it out. I guess racism is just one of those great Aussie traditions that is above reproach to some people.

Yeah mate - it's "just" the internet. They are "just" jokes.

Then some kent goes and shoots up a mosque "for the lols".

You can't turn a blind eye to racism, even if you think it's casual (it's not).

It needs to be called out, these *******s need education and to be shamed. I hope Ash John Jones 1989 loses his *ing job and ends up on welfare if he ain't already, ******* *******.

Masher

Cancelled
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
It needs to be called out, these *******s need education and to be shamed. I hope Ash John Jones 1989 loses his ruddy job and ends up on welfare if he ain't already, ******* *******.

Stupid comment...he did wrong but worse offenders don't lose their jobs

Ruin the rest of his life and he becomes a bank robber to survive

Jun 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts

You're right, let's just let them skate on and do nothing about it instead. Nothing discourages bad behaviour quite like doing nothing about it.

Yeah mate - it's "just" the internet. They are "just" jokes.

Then some kent goes and shoots up a mosque "for the lols".

You can't turn a blind eye to racism, even if you think it's casual (it's not).

It needs to be called out, these *******s need education and to be shamed. I hope Ash John Jones 1989 loses his ruddy job and ends up on welfare if he ain't already, ******* *******.

Ash Jones has issued a public apology
https://www.redfm.com.au/news/news/...t-coast-eagle-liam-ryan-is-ok-ng-b881146596z/

So naming and shaming has worked in this case at least

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond supporter has had his membership suspended for two years.

An online troll who racially abused West Coast forward Liam Ryan has had his membership revoked by Richmond.

The Tigers revealed late today that a man who racially vilified Ryan was a club member.

"The club has immediately suspended the person’s membership for two years, revoking all of their member rights," the club said on Twitter.

"Racial vilification has no place in our game, and no place in our society, and the club will continue to take strong measures to ensure there is zero tolerance to this behaviour."

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...ive-coverage/0dca84f5de482ab287e87adfffc0b985

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
You're right, let's just let them skate on and do nothing about it instead. Nothing discourages bad behaviour quite like doing nothing about it.

Lol. Ignoring internet trolls actually IS the best way to deal with them. They literally live for attention. You give them a media article every time they post something offensive and you better buckle up because it's going to get bumpy. They can make unlimited free aliases online btw.

Back