Nostradamus Lives Eddie Betts to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

One off year interrupted by injury and suspension doesn't change a lot.

Just turning 27yo? These are prime years for a footballer. It's not like he's turning 30.

Carlton should keep him then, right?

Just ignore him he's a Port supporter and they're special in the head

Carlton should keep him then, right?

Why do you care? go talk about potential Port free agents rather than harping on about Eddie Betts....or is it that you are jealous that Betts isn't going to Port?

Port fans know our list and our weaknesses pretty well, after all most of their board is dedicated to discussing us. They know what a legitimate small forward will do for us. Hence the outrage.

Absolutely they should. But have you heard of this little thing called free agency?

Absolutely, have you heard of this little thing called RESTRICTED free agent?

Just ignore him he's a Port supporter and they're special in the head

Didn't realise that Bay13 rules applied here, little boy.

could it be Yarran to crows perhaps? Henderson could make it happen

Yarran would have to be a trade.

If the crows wanted to do a trade with Carlton for a goal-sneak, Garlett would be the better option, IMO

Yes. And? Carlton are trying to negotiate with Betts. They want to keep him. Why wouldn't you? The guy is one of the best small forwards in the league. They're not going to mess up their salary cap balance in the process though.

The ball is in Carlton's court.

If you want to keep him, just match the offer.

Free agency for Restricted free agents is a bit of a misnomer, the clubs hold all the cards.

So if, as you say, "Absolutely they should." re keeping Betts, then keep him, there is nothing anybody else can do that could change it.

So your smart remark, "But have you heard of this little thing called free agency?", is idiotic, Carlton has the rights to keep him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ball is in Carlton's court.

If you want to keep him, just match the offer.

Free agency for Restricted free agents is a bit of a misnomer, the clubs hold all the cards.

So if, as you say, "Absolutely they should." re keeping Betts, then keep him, there is nothing anybody else can do that could change it.

Sounds simple but that's not really the way it goes. If Carlton's salary cap maintains a certain balance, there's no point throwing it out of whack on any single player, particularly if it's not a glaring weakness in your team structure. We've had that issue with Judd and he came as the best player in the game; so no point doing that for a guy who is just one of the best small forwards.

Other clubs might have a different balance for the next couple of years and be able to offer more than the Blues could. And if we wants to walk, that's his choice, not Carlton's. They can only afford what they can.

Does that mean Carlton aren't trying to keep him? Nope!

Does that mean he's not a top player in his position? Nope.

So what is your argument exactly?

So what is your argument exactly?

It's up to Carlton if he stays a Blue or not, if you want to keep him you'll find a way to do so in your salary cap, getting rid of other player/s, whatever.

Can you not understand this?

It's up to Carlton if he stays a Blue or not ...

I guess it's up to you if you want to buy that Ferrari or not. I mean, you could forget about the mortgage, stuff the missus & feeding the kids, max the credit cards and take a loan I suppose ... it's up to you o_O

if you want to keep him you'll find a way to do so in your salary cap, getting rid of other player/s, whatever.

Can you not understand this?

No I can not. This is nothing more than an extreme point of view. Carlton want to keep him, are trying to keep and should keep him. They're just not going to screw over their salary cap or playing list to do so.

But let me ask again, as at this point I am completely lost as to what your point was. Is this all just some extravagant gavotte to support your idea that Eddie Betts has had it as a player because he's 26yo?

Super! :rolleyes:

I guess it's up to you if you want to buy that Ferrari or not. I mean, you could forget about the mortgage, stuff the missus & feeding the kids, max the credit cards and take a loan I suppose ... it's up to you o_O

No I can not. This is nothing more than an extreme point of view. Carlton want to keep him, are trying to keep and should keep him. They're just not going to screw over their salary cap or playing list to do so.

But let me ask again, as at this point I am completely lost as to what your point was. Is this all just some extravagant gavotte to support your idea that Eddie Betts has had it as a player because he's 26yo?

Super! :rolleyes:

Obviously I'm not getting through the tree trunk, you bring up free agency, you bring up salary cap, excellent, we all know about them & understand them ....... except for you it seems.

Bye.

Obviously I'm not getting through the tree trunk, you bring up free agency, you bring up salary cap, excellent, we all know about them & understand them ....... except for you it seems.

Bye.
That's because you are talking s**t that doesn't make any sense. You are clearly out of your depth talking about FA and a player you clearly haven't seen much of, so I think it's wise that you have left.

That's because you are talking s**t that doesn't make any sense. You are clearly out of your depth talking about FA and a player you clearly haven't seen much of, so I think it's wise that you have left.

What part of the rules about a "Restricted Free Agent" being at the mercy of his current club, do you not understand?

There's a kind of child-like simpilism to your logic; tends not too penetrate too deeply tbh.

Still haven't a clue what your point was, but sure ... ciao :cool:

I tried dumbing it down for you, didn't go far enough, enjoy your circle w**k with the crows

I tried dumbing it down for you, didn't go far enough, enjoy your circle w**k with the crows

Your individual points were dumbed down more than enough, I assure you.

Your overall point however, I am assuming was dumbed down to the point of imperceptibility.

What was it again?

At 26yo Eddie is finished, Carlton not wanting him - even though they really do - is proof of that? o_O

So your smart remark, "But have you heard of this little thing called free agency?", is idiotic, Carlton has the rights to keep him.

That's not how RFA works

What part of the rules about a "Restricted Free Agent" being at the mercy of his current club, do you not understand?

All of it, because that's not what the rules say.

Matching does not automatically retain the player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back