Rumour Eddie Betts to the Suns?

Remove this Banner Ad

Harro59

Club Legend
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well if he is not a fan of the cold is a good time for the Suns to be talking to him. It's a lovely start to the morning of about 1degC.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I like Eddie like everyone else does – a great asset and advertisement, good footballer with his own style and an endearing, nice, optimistic fella who you'd like to hear interviewed after winning a Grand Final.

But he isn't the charismatic leader the Suns desperately need and a small forward who's declined pretty rapidly isn't going to have a great time at a side like that.

Carlton need a small forward and it'd make for a nice feeling around Princes Park. Surely that's the go?

getgaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 30, 2010
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Miami Heat, Old Easts
Not a bad shout.

If he can get alongside Rankine especially it can only be a positive thing. Agree with the consensus already that Betts is declining rapidly.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Betts is done, his goal kicking tally is inflated by two junk-time performances against the Suns.
it is but taking out the goals V the suns as the list below has done, one of the posters on our board compiled this list of small forwards and their outputs this year. You can hardly say Eddie is not still around the mark - just not quite what he used to be is the best way to put it

Charlie Cameron - 39 (ouch)
Michael Walters - 34
Sam Lloyd - 32
Tom Papley - 31
Luke Breust - 31
Brandon Matera - 30
Gary Ablett - 28
McDonald-Tipunwuti - 27
Eddie Betts - 24
Connor Rozee - 24 (if he counts as a small forward)
Jamie Cripps - 22
Liam Ryan - 22
Gryan Miers - 22
Toby Greene - 19
Sam Gray - 19
Orazio Fantasia - 18 (low games)
Jason Castagna - 17
Lincoln McCarthy - 17
Lachie Murphy - 14

Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Adelaide trying to generate some heat for their looming attempted firesale of geriatrics:

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I think Martin and ah chee are on the fence about resigning. Rankine a young mercurial small forward.
If it helps those guys resign rhen definitely worth it.
We also have Darwin coming into our zone it seems. May be another Malcolm rosas out there for betts to tutor.
We’ve got some junk on our list so it’s not like we’d be delisting someone good for his spot.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Americanpies

Club Legend
May 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Betts is done, his goal kicking tally is inflated by two junk-time performances against the Suns.

It's not his fault. The forward set up at Adelaide is garbage. Tex, Betts, Jenkins and Lynch are literally running into each other. Put Eddie alone at full forward without these other clowns around, and he's back to his best.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
it is but taking out the goals V the suns as the list below has done, one of the posters on our board compiled this list of small forwards and their outputs this year. You can hardly say Eddie is not still around the mark - just not quite what he used to be is the best way to put it

Charlie Cameron - 39 (ouch)
Michael Walters - 34
Sam Lloyd - 32
Tom Papley - 31
Luke Breust - 31
Brandon Matera - 30
Gary Ablett - 28
McDonald-Tipunwuti - 27
Eddie Betts - 24
Connor Rozee - 24 (if he counts as a small forward)
Jamie Cripps - 22
Liam Ryan - 22
Gryan Miers - 22
Toby Greene - 19
Sam Gray - 19
Orazio Fantasia - 18 (low games)
Jason Castagna - 17
Lincoln McCarthy - 17
Lachie Murphy - 14
What's everyone elses record minus playing the Suns?

You can't just take out Eddies goals and no one else and say look at this comparison. I know your point was to say that he's still around the mark, but you could argue he's still even slightly above the mark depending on what others stats our without the Suns.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
He's lost that first step. Still got incredible nouse around goals if you give him space but people finding it easier to shut that down the older he gets.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What's everyone elses record minus playing the Suns?

You can't just take out Eddies goals and no one else and say look at this comparison. I know your point was to say that he's still around the mark, but you could argue he's still even slightly above the mark depending on what others stats our without the Suns.

I believe that was the point of the list, all players there had their stats v Gold Coast taken out. although I think Carlton were added to it.

First line was

it is but taking out the goals V the suns as the list below has done

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think we're a good chance to land Eddie. He rubbished the Carlton report last night and it's becoming very obvious he won't be a Crow next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back