Traded Eddie Betts [traded to Carlton for 2020 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie is still good for 35 goals a year , Who is the player / s that can take his spot on the list that will deliver this ?
He would also add experience to whats looking like a team that needs leadership in 2020

Crows will miss him

Every Club misses every player when they fall of a cliff

We missed Jacobs this year

Port missed Ryder thsi year

You will miss Cotchin when he gets too old

Geelong missed Ablett in the finals when he couldnt make a difference

There comes a time for all players

Happy with this and Eddie can easily average 1.5 goals a game parked up forward for us and that in itself is over 30 goals.

Future 4th is good value with the Crows paying a debatable amount of salary and he will be keeping nobody out of the side at his position because we are in dire need of a stay at home small forward and literally have no one capable of playing the role.

Welcome back Eddie and not one Carlton supporter I know is unhappy with this move.

Eddie is still good for 35 goals a year , Who is the player / s that can take his spot on the list that will deliver this ?
He would also add experience to whats looking like a team that needs leadership in 2020

Crows will miss him
You obviously didn't see any games Eddie played this year. He kicked 25 goals in 19 games not v GC this year. Good luck with the 35

Players do get omitted and come back their are no issue's with that , Even good players need to go back sometimes and come back
fact remains he is still 1 of your best goal kickers and he will be missed . Betts still has another year in him and at this stage of where the crows are at he is the type that would have been a good leader

Hhahahahaha when you get omitted its a sign, it takes a ballsy move to drop a gun, but if he has dropped off he has dropped off, and yes you can come back but history tells us when you have oldmanitis its 50 times harder

Hhahahahaha when you get omitted its a sign, it takes a ballsy move to drop a gun, but if he has dropped off he has dropped off, and yes you can come back but history tells us when you have oldmanitis its 50 times harder
Ohh well we will see
I say he will kick 35 goals for carlton next year and any player that can do that at AFL level for carlton would have done it for the Crows
as i said im happy to back my opinion and the offer is there if you want to take it up.

I think this trade is a win all round. The Betts Family get to move back to Victoria, Carlton get a terrific person who the supporter already love and who might still have some on-field value, Adelaide get the contract off their books. The only real loser out of this are the Adelaide fans who have to say goodbye to a much loved player. This was going to have to happen eventually anyway and if he was out of contract this year he probably would have been delisted but it's still sad to see him go.

You obviously didn't see any games Eddie played this year. He kicked 25 goals in 19 games not v GC this year. Good luck with the 35
LOL thats 1.3 goals a game in a team that struggled all year
How many small fowards average that

jesus you guys are selling him short

Ohh well we will see
I say he will kick 35 goals for carlton next year and any player that can do that at AFL level for carlton would have done it for the Crows
as i said im happy to back my opinion and the offer is there if you want to take it up.

You can kick 35 goals and let your player run off you at every opportunity and is that a win

Hes 34 years old next year FFS and he really really struggled with any distance in his kicks and really showed the catch up of age

HE may be going to carlton as more a mentor who knows

WE desperately needed to get him out for the refresh

12 of those in two games against the Suns
He will play the suns again this year and again probably 2 times but even taking these 2 games out he still has 25 in 19 games playing at the crows in the year they have had could not be easy.

1.3 goals a game , You would take that every day of the week

You can kick 35 goals and let your player run off you at every opportunity and is that a win

Hes 34 years old next year FFS and he really really struggled with any distance in his kicks and really showed the catch up of age

HE may be going to carlton as more a mentor who knows

WE desperately needed to get him out for the refresh

He is a small foward and not a defensive foward, Eddie's job is to kick goals and he has played this way all his career
why the need to now change his game.

If you want a defensive foward then you dont get the 40/50/60 goals from that player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with this and Eddie can easily average 1.5 goals a game parked up forward for us and that in itself is over 30 goals.

Easily? He only managed 37 this year, over a third of which came against two 6 goal outings against a side that won 3 games. Given that he'll be 33 by the time next season starts, I reckon the odds are stacked against him.

12 of those in two games against the Suns
And the majority of the ones not against the Suns were junk time at the end of games that were already over. Eddie had a time to retire year.

He is a small foward and not a defensive foward, Eddie's job is to kick goals and he has played this way all his career
A lot of Eddie's goals came from pressuring defenders once the ball got on the ground. Guess what his aging body doesn't allow him to do anymore?

Eddie's cooked. And the Blues knew it, but Teague managed to win out on the romantic idea of bringing a popular character home.

If you want a defensive foward then you dont get the 40/50/60 goals from that player
If he has no defence he wouldnt get a gig with Richmond then now would he

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think this trade is a win all round. The Betts Family get to move back to Victoria, Carlton get a terrific person who the supporter already love and who might still have some on-field value, Adelaide get the contract off their books. The only real loser out of this are the Adelaide fans who have to say goodbye to a much loved player. This was going to have to happen eventually anyway and if he was out of contract this year he probably would have been delisted but it's still sad to see him go.

Agree. Happy to have him back in any capacity.

Gee this deal hurts

Blues fans will love having him back, even if he's not the same player he once was. Will be interesting to see how he performs next year, a year older of course but likely rejuvenated. I'll back him in for a 30 or 35-goal season

Eddie Betts!!!

Used to rile some opposition supporters that Blues‘ fans would call out his whole name at games. I think it took him going to Adelaide for the rest of the footy world to see why we loved this guy. Will be great to hear a Carlton crowd call out that name again.

I reckon he'll kick 30+. Just tell him to stay out of the aerial contests. Still got the magic but getting old quick and really struggles on decent defenders these days. Not a bad move either way imo.

All things going well the next couple of days, i look forward to watching THE HOUSE JUSTIN REID BUILT:

....... Plowman .......
....... ............ .......
O’Brien Stocker Kennedy
Papley McGovern.......
......... DeKoning Betts

Pittonet .......... ..........

Not bad for coughing up 1 first rounder, 2 second rounders and a future fourth we wouldn’t have used anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back