Traded Eddie Betts [traded to Carlton for 2020 4th]

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lol. This is so childlike it makes your attempted backhander even funnier.

The origin of your inaccuracy is that you treat continuous values as though they’re discrete. I initially thought it was intentional, but after this post, I concede this may be genuinely subconscious.

EDIT: Just to clarify, Eddie turns 34 next year.

You worked out how to subtract 2020 from 1986

Good work

KnaveyBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2003
57 Mt. Pleasant Street
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
His comments since being traded back suggest he always saw himself as a Carlton person playing for Adelaide.

Ordinarily I'd dismiss it as a player simply saying what's expected of them in the situation, but he seems a pretty genuine sort of guy.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Did you not read the second sentence?
Seems a genuine guy, thats not backing up your first statement with any credibility. He left the club as a free agent.

Anyway not fussed as what he sees himself because it doesn't matter, he left his club by choice through free agency.

More curious to how he will be remembered by fans, which club will be front of mind, etc.

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Seems a genuine guy, thats not backing up your first statement with any credibility. He left the club as a free agent.

Anyway not fussed as what he sees himself because it doesn't matter, he left his club by choice through free agency.

More curious to how he will be remembered by fans, which club will be front of mind, etc.
Got lowballed by the club, tried get them to lift to something that was closer to his worth but was not rated by Malthouse. Tore the heart out of the club and a number of players went of the rails as a result.

The fact that one of his kids wore a Carlton jumper on his 300th shows part of him never left.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Got lowballed by the club, tried get them to lift to something that was closer to his worth but was not rated by Malthouse. Tore the heart out of the club and a number of players went of the rails as a result.

The fact that one of his kids wore a Carlton jumper on his 300th shows part of him never left.
He might love the club, still interested on the nuetral fan perspective
Less games for the Crows but played his peak football and finals there.

Great to watch so hopefully has some good footy and tricks left.

He might love the club, still interested on the nuetral fan perspective
Less games for the Crows but played his peak football and finals there.

Great to watch so hopefully has some good footy and tricks left.

Amazingly he only played one more final at Adelaide than he has for Carlton.

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Was probably looking forward to Papley and Martin taking the better defenders so he could get off the chain. Now he’ll get the best small defender again.

Daisy would be pissed

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Really happy for Eddie. Reckon he will be a great asset for the club in developing indigenous players and cultur there.

Anything he does on the field in 2020 should be seen as a bonus (as long as he doesn’t rightfully deny a younger player of games).

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
I love Eddie and I don't care what mean things other opposition fans say, I'm stoked to have him back in Navy Blue. He should never have left, and his return feels like a nice little moment in putting that horrible Malthouse s**t-show behind us.

If he plays 18 games and kicks 25+ goals, that'd be A-OK.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Eddie Betts will kick his goals next season but I’m looking forward to the way he will bring Curnow McKay McGovern Papley Martin and Cuningham more into the game.
Eddie Betts see’s things on a footy field that most players don’t.
He see’s openings gaps and holes in opposition defences and with his deft touch makes something out of nothing for himself and his teammates.
Having a quality experienced mentor amongst our talented emerging team will be of enormous benefit and the fact the cost of acquiring him for virtually nothing with Adelaide picking up some of the tab is a nice bonus.
Papley and Martin...lol....chickens, eggs

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I love Eddie and I don't care what mean things other opposition fans say, I'm stoked to have him back in Navy Blue. He should never have left, and his return feels like a nice little moment in putting that horrible Malthouse s**t-show behind us.

If he plays 18 games and kicks 25+ goals, that'd be A-OK.
Lock him in for 25 goals and 18 games...but that's about it

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Always loved watching Betts play and in my mind will always be remembered as a carlton player that was put off side by malthouse and had to leave, ont think he wanted to leave and would have been a 1 club player but he did play some great games at the crows and sure their supporters loved him.

such a shame he has been stuffed up by 2 clubs now but good to see him back at the blues, I will enjoy watching him in round 1 playing against Stack,Rioli,Edwards,Pickett and Bolton.

Good move more as a mentor than as a player who's going to play in their next flag contention years. He can help them develop to that though.

I do wonder if he will be remembered more as a Crow or a Blue.

Needs 20 goals to equal what he scored at Adelaide. Crows got him at his peak though whereas we had the early developing years to wait out. 184 Blues games to 132. Every chance of playing 200 games at Carlton. He'll be remembered as a Carlton player who had a lengthy dazzling cameo as a Crow.

Always loved watching Betts play and in my mind will always be remembered as a carlton player that was put off side by malthouse and had to leave, ont think he wanted to leave and would have been a 1 club player but he did play some great games at the crows and sure their supporters loved him.

such a shame he has been stuffed up by 2 clubs now but good to see him back at the blues, I will enjoy watching him in round 1 playing against Stack,Rioli,Edwards,Pickett and Bolton.

Richmond are going to play 5 guys on Eddie? That's quite the compliment.

Back