Eddie Betts VS Chad Wingard

Who wins?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Betts for me is the best pure small forward in the league, so in that role alone Id choose him.

I feel Wingard is overall a more rounded player that can have more impact in a variety of roles so if I wanted a HFF who can play through the midfield Id go Wingard as the better total player.

Thread just says who wins so I voted Wingard due to age and overall package.

Ability vs Potential. Ability is a better discussion so Eddie all day. There is not a better highlight reel in the AFL at the moment and his ability to kick bags and some very clutch goals when needed is supreme. Elite.

Yes 2 All Australians in your first 4 seasons vs 1 AA's in your 12th season. Ability.

In the for years rust Wingard has been in the competition you'd say its 2-2

Taking into account one of those years is Wingard debut year where he was the sub numerous times I'd say Wingard

Wingard is top 10 in the comp when in form. Betts is just a cog in an admittedly very well oiled machine (Adelaide forward line). Tex takes the best defenders and Jenkins and Betts just feed on the scraps. On the other hand, an in-form Wingard single-handedly wins games off his own boot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EDDIE! By quite a bit, but who stands up in big games/ moments? Hmm eddies gone a bit quiet in finals at times and Wingard made a name for himself as a clutch player in the past.

Wingard is the more well rounded player, even though Betts is having the better season. Betts has only really entered the conversation for the absolutely elite small/half forwards recently, whereas Chad was there basically from the start.

Chad has a similar highlights reel, can play up the ground, has kicked clutch goals in big games, has more accolades and has much more time on his side.

I find it hard to find an objective measure where Eddie beats Chad convincingly.

This is last year's stats fyi, arguably the best season of both players

The difference between Eddie and Whingehard is that Eddie breaks the post and takes a ripper mark!
eddie1_zpsvjdn4vmi.jpg

win_zpsp37nsu4e.jpg

Back