Remove this Banner Ad

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would rather a midfielder, Thomas, Cooney etc

Wouldnt mind the Coondog!
at least we would finally have a Brownlow medalist playing for us! looks top notch lately too

we need players that run both ways, we can score no issue with that, its line breakers that we need.

My main concern with us going after Betts is who'd take over LT's babysitting requirements on game day? Won't someone please think of the children?
It's up to them to keep their wives at home on game day! I manage to do that with mine without too many problems for the same reason ;)

Wouldnt mind the Coondog!
at least we would finally have a Brownlow medalist playing for us! looks top notch lately too

we need players that run both ways, we can score no issue with that, its line breakers that we need.
Cooney's having a solid year, he's averaging around 24 possessions and a goal a game. He'd be a great get, especially with Saunders working his healing magic on his knee.

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Cooney's having a solid year, he's averaging around 24 possessions and a goal a game. He'd be a great get, especially with Saunders working his healing magic on his knee.

how much you think he's be worth, restricted isnt he? or we could trade for him..

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
how much you think he's be worth, restricted isnt he? or we could trade for him..
Currently on $500k+ apparentely.
At his age and injury risk we could probably snavle him for around $350k p/season. i doubt the bullies would try and match that to keep him?

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Currently on $500k+ apparentely.
At his age and injury risk we could probably snavle him for around $350k p/season. i doubt the bullies would try and match that to keep him?

Hmm i have a feeling he would be getting more... maybe 2 year deal at 800... or one at 450....
The doggies are a long way off in my opinion and should let him go, but im pretty sure he will stay there unless we provide a trade, otherwise he looks like a money hungry prick, and from all reports he is a quality bloke.

TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
I wouldn't mind him and LT running around in our forward line next year.
I think he's as good as gone from the Blues.
We wouldn't be paying him 650k per year though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Offered $500k a year.

Please out bid us Adelaide, just like you did with Angus Graham

We wont be countering that offer. Enjoy. 500K for someone who plays exclusively in the forward pocket, has no tank and has already peaked, not mention he turns 27 in november. I hope we take the salary cap space, compo pick & run.

We wont be countering that offer. Enjoy. 500K for someone who plays exclusively in the forward pocket, has no tank and has already peaked, not mention he turns 27 in november. I hope we take the salary cap space, compo pick & run.

You won't match it, but Adelaide hopefully match it and better it, he is as good as gone

You're kidding, sauce?

Someone who loves his sauce in HD.

CharlieMortdecai

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne

You won't match it, but Adelaide hopefully match it and better it, he is as good as gone

Bloody hope so, I'm with the Carlton bloke on this. Unless it's some sort of frontloaded arrangement and actually works out closer to 300k a year.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I wonder.. if in all the FA focus some clubs might overlook some potentially good traditional trades this season?

Hopefully we're still getting in the ear of any non-FA kids we think could improve North, more Taylor Hine / Ben Jacobs types.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back