Eddie Betts

What do you think of the AFC recruiting Eddie Betts?

• Yes, $500k is fine

Votes: 205 61.6%
  • Yes, but we're paying too much

Votes: 64 19.2%
  • No, not worth the money

Votes: 45 13.5%
  • No, just do not want at any price.

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

After watching him yesterday 100% YES! He looks dangerous whenever he is near the goals and will instantly improve our team and our forward structure.

500k fine as yearly average.
Needs to be front loaded and heavily performance driven.

This is a no brainer for me.
Big hole in the salary cap next year (im presuming we front loaded this year pretty heavily).
Tamblings decent size contract off the books.
Given that Reilly, Thompson and Rutten are probably off the books in the next 2 years I agree we have to front load him heavily in the first 2 years. Also that gives us space to resign Danger, Sloane, Crouch at the end of 2015.

Where has the magical $500,000 come from, is that what we're offering?

Various (media) reports have claimed we have offered somewhere around 500-525k/year.

IMO, 500k is not overpaying. Remember the salary cap is increasing each year for the next few years with the new TV rights signed in the last year.

Various (media) reports have claimed we have offered somewhere around 500-525k/year.

IMO, 500k is not overpaying. Remember the salary cap is increasing each year for the next few years with the new TV rights signed in the last year.
Yea, I heard the salary cap will increase 600-700K next year, which would take care of Betts without cutting into the already free $.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow you were right about Cooney, amazing call.

Especially considering the guy has been on record saying he doesn't see himself moving back to Adelaide and his kids are settled in Melbourne etc.

I called it 2 weeks before he signed chief. Oh you pwn me :(

Yea, I heard the salary cap will increase 600-700K next year, which would take care of Betts without cutting into the already free $.

It's going up 5.4% from 2013 to 2014. 2014->15 & 15->16 is a minimum 3% (review during 2014).

In 2011, the cap was 8,212,500
It was raised 7% in 2012 to 8,787,400
It rose 4% for 2013 to 9,138,900
(all figures rounded, not exact)

So, for 2014, it should be around 9,632,400

Well, we could always not get him, pat ourselves on the back about how fiscally responsible we are, and spend 2014 with $500k spare in our salary cap and Petrenko running around our forward line like a headless chook.

I'm not sure we are overpaying (if it happens at all), but if we are, so be it.

Back