Height: 173cm

Weight: 73kg

Draft History: Pick 3 (Carlton), 2005 Preseason Draft

Recruited From: Templestowe/Calder U18

Debut: Round 1, 2005 vs North Melbourne

Career Highlights: Video to be provided

2013 Forecast:

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy all, Eddie Betts is my chosen buddy and i invite all to post on this thread.

Well what a game by Eddie last night. He was everywhere. Best four quarter game i have seen him play. Was good to see he has improved his fitness levels and had periods where he was on the ball and didn't look out of place and was also very lively on the forward line. Took a few nice marks and has a very good kick for goal. He has an amazing ability to get a to a contested situation and dive on the ground and knock the ball to our advantage but just as quickly regain his footing and assist in the clearance. I think it will be a huge plus for the Carlton Football Club if at certain times in games Betts can be injected into the midfield for a five minute burst. Her never stops trying and lets hope he continues to show improvement as he did last night

Howdy all, Eddie Betts is my chosen buddy and i invite all to post on this thread.

Well what a game by Eddie last night. He was everywhere. Best four quarter game i have seen him play. Was good to see he has improved his fitness levels and had periods where he was on the ball and didn't look out of place and was also very lively on the forward line. Took a few nice marks and has a very good kick for goal. He has an amazing ability to get a to a contested situation and dive on the ground and knock the ball to our advantage but just as quickly regain his footing and assist in the clearance. I think it will be a huge plus for the Carlton Football Club if at certain times in games Betts can be injected into the midfield for a five minute burst. Her never stops trying and lets hope he continues to show improvement as he did last night

Douls you beat me to it.

That was the best game I have seen him play, what impressed me was his leading & marking further up the ground.

Just gives him more strings to his bow, we know his tackling & kicking for goal are first rate if you combine that with some midfield action & fast leads up to half forward, Little Eddie can become a gun for us.

Eddie is the barometer, when he started missingf tackles last night I knew we were in trouble.

absolutley. when his intensity is down it seems he has 15 or so mates lacking the same. Hopefully this week he can get back to what he was showing pre season

After a few weeks away with a buggered Hammy, Eddie Betts is playing his 50th match this week.

Congratulations Eddie! Another nice story of a kid who came off the rookie list and excites fans week in, week out with his enthusiasm, dedication and love for the jumper. :thumbsu:

After a few weeks away with a buggered Hammy, Eddie Betts is playing his 50th match this week.

Congratulations Eddie! Another nice story of a kid who came off the rookie list and excites fans week in, week out with his enthusiasm, dedication and love for the jumper. :thumbsu:

Well said AWG - Let's hope we can have a win and see that cheeky smile of Eddie's again :thumbsu:

Great to see all who appreciate my Fav player Eddie Betts!!
He is turning 21 on the 26/11/07, so here's hoping 2008 will be a stellar year for him & the Blues!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see all who appreciate my Fav player Eddie Betts!!
He is turning 21 on the 26/11/07, so here's hoping 2008 will be a stellar year for him & the Blues!!
I take it you've never read any of my posts:) Your not the only Eddie Betts obsessant:thumbsu:

I take it you've never read any of my posts:) Your not the only Eddie Betts obsessant:thumbsu:
and yet this is the first time this year you have graced the one thread that is dedicated to him..........:D

and yet this is the first time this year you have graced the one thread that is dedicated to him..........:D
Well I could post about how much I love Eddie in each post if that would please you?

Well I could post about how much I love Eddie in each post if that would please you?
Not necessary. But in the one thread that's been here all year, dedicated to Eddie, you were conspicuous by your absence.

Not necessary. But in the one thread that's been here all year, dedicated to Eddie, you were conspicuous by your absence.
Well, fair enough. Honestly, I never used to go onto the Buddy Draft or Blue Room. I was unnaware!:)

Sponsor?

Do you mean be his "Buddy" or to actually sponsor ($$) him?

There will be a buddy draft........anytime actually, that was orgainsed early this year for people to report on their player.
Started out well but after a few rounds the reports for most dropped off.

Just in case you weren't meaning his Buddy:
In terms of player sponsors you couold talk to the club, but this forum sponsors 1 player each year.....and we have Kreuzer...........for about (IIRC) $2500.

There are different levels of player sponsorship but enquire at the club.

:thumbsu:

Sponsor?

Do you mean be his "Buddy" or to actually sponsor ($$) him?

There will be a buddy draft........anytime actually, that was orgainsed early this year for people to report on their player.
Started out well but after a few rounds the reports for most dropped off.

Just in case you weren't meaning his Buddy:
In terms of player sponsors you couold talk to the club, but this forum sponsors 1 player each year.....and we have Kreuzer...........for about (IIRC) $2500.

There are different levels of player sponsorship but enquire at the club.

:thumbsu:
Oh I do beg your pardon, I did mean buddy him:) Sponsor, buddy, it's hot, my brain doesn't function:)

If theres any news on the time of the Draft could you please let me know? Thanks:thumbsu:

Oh I do beg your pardon, I did mean buddy him:) Sponsor, buddy, it's hot, my brain doesn't function:)

If theres any news on the time of the Draft could you please let me know? Thanks:thumbsu:

I will most probably be in charge of the buddy draft this season.

As I am overseas and don't have much access to a computer, it most probably will not be run until I arrive back home which will be at the end of January.

I will most probably be in charge of the buddy draft this season.

As I am overseas and don't have much access to a computer, it most probably will not be run until I arrive back home which will be at the end of January.
Excellent, thanks for the notification Jeremias:thumbsu:

Pre-Season Cup Round 1

Carlton vs. Port Adelaide

Eddie Betts, compared to round 22 last year was very quiet, but in comparison to his average totals last year, he is right on the money to continue his steady improvement. His disposal was a bit off (alike most players today), but continued to strive and go into contests as often as possible.

He set up a goal for Brendan Fevola late in the first term due to a lovely peice of vision.

As long as little Eddie continues to attack the contests and put his body on the line to win possession, we will have no worries in being named in the senior side week after week. Me and Eddie Bear will be rooting for him!

Pre-Season Cup Round 2

Carlton vs. Hawthorn

Kicks: 3
Handballs: 7
Possessions: 10
Marks: 1
Tackles: 2
Frees For: 0
Frees Against: 0
Goals: 0
Behinds: 2

Last night Eddie applied great pressure to the man with the ball, but struggled to dispose of the ball as well as he is able to (with the limited chances he had). His kicking was off, as was most of the boys last night. He still looks as though he is in pretty good nick, but maybe he just needs two-three more weeks of on field play to get himself back up to scratch. Next weekends game will be the perfect opportunity to do so, as there is nothing at stake other than the boys development.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back