Eddie hosting TFS

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think their recruiting was necessarily s**t, they just paid over the odds for who they targeted. I don't think there's much denying that Prestia and Caddy have taken some significant heat off of Martin and Cotchin, which has helped their midfield enormously, and Nankervis was a very good pickup for them too.

Caddy and Prestia are plodders that they overpaid for. The one good recruiting move they made was Nankervis, but the turnaround has had little to do with his recruitment.

They're improvements came on the back of tweaks to their game plan and Martin going from one of the stars to the star of the competition with Danger.

* off Sam and Hughes. Bring in Trevor Marmalade and Dane Swan (the funniest player of all time).

Then I'll watch.

It was good. Loved when Eddie said we can still make the 8 and Sam was there smiling. You can tell they are great mates from way back. They are good together. If they show is like that each week I'll watch. Very good interviews.

I don't get it. Ed gave the impression he was going to take the show back to the old days and make it fun.

This is EASILY the most sterile the footy show has been in 25 years.

At least they Actually talk a fair bit about Footy with Ed on

I gave it a go. For me it went pear shaped early on when Sam tried to be political with the Canadian non-gender quip. It felt contrived, almost like Sam was desperate to raise something controversial to justify his new "gag off" licence. It was met with a collective "meh" from the panel and audience.

The irony that I found was that the most entertaining part of the revamped show was a rip off of a current successful show (Gogglebox).

I flicked over shortly after and was bummed out that I missed Daics earlier work on The Front Bar. Did I miss anything good in the next 2 hours of TFS new 90 minute format?

as long as we have Chris Mayne we cannot make Vickery jokes :'(

We can actually. If you add Omeara and vickery together, Collingwood wasn't the most embarrassing team in the off season!

Richmond by the way had an awesome off season and only a fool would suggest otherwise

Three good to great ins and two fantastic outs (Deledio the other one)

I gave it a go. For me it went pear shaped early on when Sam tried to be political with the Canadian non-gender quip. It felt contrived, almost like Sam was desperate to raise something controversial to justify his new "gag off" licence. It was met with a collective "meh" from the panel and audience.

The irony that I found was that the most entertaining part of the revamped show was a rip off of a current successful show (Gogglebox).

I flicked over shortly after and was bummed out that I missed Daics earlier work on The Front Bar. Did I miss anything good in the next 2 hours of TFS new 90 minute format?
you can always watch the Front bar on the catch up app 7 plus!

Panel is too bulky. They need to cut 2-3, so the conversation flows more naturally rather than losing momentum trying to ensure everybody gets air time. The reduction of numbers would also allow the extra guests to filter amongst the whole panel instead of relegating the players to the couch.

The way Eddie's eyes was darting around after the animated Ross Lyon segment was quite telling! Bombed quite badly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross is a Terrible Interview

To be honest it kind of felt like one of those television reunion shows and how often do they capture the magic of the original?

This is the last chance for TFS. It Fails this time and TFS be Cancelled

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gotta say I gave TFS 10 minutes and it was awkward and cringeworthy.

Bec is just horrible and Hughes is unfunny and just screams at you to laugh at him.

No thanks.

Bec is just horrible and Hughes is unfunny and just screams at you to laugh at him.

No thanks.

Don't Know why Bec is on there. She been Terrible and makes it Worse

No thanks.
I'll give Bec a bit of support.
She's got a reporter background, actually knows her footy, and asks pertinent questions.
Can't say that about many who have fronted TFS over the last decade.

I'll give Bec a bit of support.
She's got a reporter background, actually knows her footy, and asks pertinent questions.
Can't say that about many who have fronted TFS over the last decade.
That's the problem.

TFS was always about the laughs and gags and setups, not hard hitting footy.

Footy was merely a backdrop.

That's the problem.

Well I always thought it lost its way when the sound effects, the repeated video incidents, became the weekly fodder.
I thought the original footy show was based on footy stories, with a bit of comedy to break the seriousness.
It was a vehicle to show the players of the days personalities.
Bringing in Billy or Shane as a rotating retired player each week cut the current player input by a third.
And seriously, we know Billy's one joke. "I'm a fat bastard that likes to get my gear off".
Prefer to see a current player and learn about his personality and life.

That's the problem.

Then why call it TheFootyShow when Little Footy is talked about?

Meh. TFS is the equivalent of a barn-dance.

It hasn't evolved in a way that would make viewers remain invested in it. I moved on long ago and saw nothing this week that would tempt me to return.

"Hughesy"... WTF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back