Eddie... how long is too long?

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Maybe because the majority of Collingwood people want him there.

People cannot seriously believe that Eddie will be leaving Collingwood by anybody’s will but his own.

Just imagine if somebody ran against him, the absolute public flogging they’d be put through.

I honestly think he sees himself as president for life.

Who is going to put their hand up to remove him? It’s going to be an ugly, ugly episode.

Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Kim Dynasty.jpg
After hearing of these guys sporting capabilities, forget your Ablett's and Silvagni's. these guys would all be hall of famers.

Jong-un would be that midfield bull every club needs.

Eddie Van Halen

Team Captain
Oct 28, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
HNS, Melbourne Knights, Rijeka
Does everybody realize that while nedward is there that Nathan is there and will be the senior coach? I smell a dynasty/dicktatorship coming along

Your pathetic mob could've done with an Eddie-style dictatorship.
You might have had more flags and success rather than being the all time leader in wooden spoons.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Drums are beating. Might be just media, but they don’t often beat for Eddie. And he’s very uncharacteristicly silent.

Doubt he’ll quit though.

Hey Bunk, don't know if you've heard but there have been calls on sen in regards to an assembled challenging ticket to the current administration. Ala richmond style in 2016.

I don't have much confidence that will eventuate like the failed tiga bid but if the noise keeps building the club will not be able to ignore the message.

Ed's days are numbered and I'd argue some on the board and the FD also.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Hey Bunk, don't know if you've heard but there have been calls on sen in regards to an assembled challenging ticket to the current administration. Ala richmond style in 2016.

I don't have much confidence that will eventuate like the failed tiga bid but if the noise keeps building the club will not be able to ignore the message.

Ed's days are numbered and I'd argue some on the board and the FD also.

Who’s gonna lead it? That’s the big question

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Who’s gonna lead it? That’s the big question

Not the point, I don't actually believe it will amount to anything more than what we saw in 2016 with disgruntled tiga fans.

The point is, if the dissent continues among a fan base as large as Collingwoods then there is no known way the club can ignore it. Dissent will continue IF the club continues it's lack of transparency to it's fan base, inept trading and list management, inept injury management, inept player and game development............. the list goes on.

Sooner or later come hell or high water the club will get the message, expect a sharp decline in member numbers next year, just on the back of this debacle of a trade period, regardless if even a challenging ticket emerges.

Strato

Team Captain
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
How things Change in Time. America was the greatest nation on earth. Collingwood was the greatest club in Aussie Rules

BUT NOW BOTH AMERICA AND COLLINGWOOD ARE WAY OFF THE MARK.

One word needed. CHANGE

So it will be 25 years of Eddie for 1 premiership?

"For 25 years we've had to feed the ego of Eddie..... Eddie......who the **** is Eddie!"

NicNat2TimKelly

Senior List
Oct 17, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Eddie has a done a lot there but could have done more if his focus wasn't split with other commitments. Now that he's quitting his radio show he may be able to focus his attention more.

NicNat2TimKelly

Senior List
Oct 17, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
So it will be 25 years of Eddie for 1 premiership?

"For 25 years we've had to feed the ego of Eddie..... Eddie......who the **** is Eddie!"

He's been President for 21 seasons and has seen them become the most profitable club. Premiership in 2010 during his tenure. Before that the 1990 premiership celebrations came after a 32 year drought.

Eddie has been great in a lot of ways but has slipped of recent times. Hopefully this fiasco is a turning point and he steps down, little chance of that, or a viable challenger steps up.

I think this stuff up should cost Bucks his job also. Can’t be healthy for the playing group and a new start makes sense. We have slipped off the pace further in the last week and realistically are not contending next year. Ideal time for new coach to step in.

Back